Print Thread
Hop To
Page 62 of 71 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 70 71
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by tmitch
I “rescued” a ‘55 vintage Fwt in 30-06 from Cabelas this morning. Even came with a cool vintage Balvar scope! I believe the stocks been refinnished but the metal is pretty nice. I thought it was a good buy at less than 7 bills.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looks nice, I think you did really well.

GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tmitch
...I thought it was a good buy at less than 7 bills...

Indeed.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Tmitch, you did really well. Youll like that one..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I originaly went in to check out a couple different rifles they just got in. They didnt trip my trigger but my GF spied the M70 and brought it to my attention. I’m thinking I’ll swap the scope for a Lyman Alaskan I have and put the Balvar setup on my .243 Fwt.
I know alot of folk poo-poo Cabelas, but there are gems to be found. And using gift cards that you can buy for 20% off makes the deals even sweeter.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I found this one two miles from my house.
358 featherweight.
The metal is about 98%.
The wood is really clean but the finish is dry/lifted in spots.
I traded an M1A Soccom 16 for it!
[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Great trade!!

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bt8897
Originally Posted by EdM
My 358 Win.

[Linked Image]

What the barrel length?

21"

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Another, a pre-war (1939) 270 Win,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed--nice chunka wood.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by EdM
Another, a pre-war (1939) 270 Win,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Damn that is a beautiful sob... Thanks for sharing.. Is that a canjar trigger?

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Classic fwt in 7mm08 remington, topped with a Leupold vari-xIII 2.5-8x36 in Leupold DD's ...:

[Linked Image]

Cell phone pic is grainy and doesn't do the rifle any justice. I'll glass bed this one, shoot some groups and post more pics... I already adjusted the trigger down to 2.5 pounds, so some of the "trick moves" are done... This one is as close to new as you are ever going to get. Has only had 1 box of ammo down the tube and the leupold still looks like new as well.. I'm thinking it's going to be pretty dang easy to find a load this rifle is going to like... Not because I'm hopeful, but because I've owned enough classics to know they are shooters... wink

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
That’s a dang nice rifle BSA !

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
This is a project just finished. It is a 375 Weatherby. I got the McMillian as a primed stock, and finished it from there. [Linked Image][Linked Image]

Three most useless things to a pilot are:
1. The altitude above you
2. The runway behind you
3. The fuel on the ground
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Very cool 375 WBY. I like it. However, what's the deal with the doctor scope and Buehler windage/elevation adjustable mount? Usually those mounts are used for old scopes like the Bausch and Lomb Balvar, because they didn't have internal adjustments...

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The scope is 26mm, and those are the only rings and bases I had that would fit on this rifle.

2. The runway behind you
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Is it a pre 64 h&h action.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by aguyinAK
This is a project just finished. It is a 375 Weatherby. I got the McMillian as a primed stock, and finished it from there. [Linked Image][Linked Image]

What pattern is that mcmillan stock? Looks very good.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Classic fwt in 7mm08 remington, topped with a Leupold vari-xIII 2.5-8x36 in Leupold DD's ...:

[Linked Image]

Cell phone pic is grainy and doesn't do the rifle any justice. I'll glass bed this one, shoot some groups and post more pics... I already adjusted the trigger down to 2.5 pounds, so some of the "trick moves" are done... This one is as close to new as you are ever going to get. Has only had 1 box of ammo down the tube and the leupold still looks like new as well.. I'm thinking it's going to be pretty dang easy to find a load this rifle is going to like... Not because I'm hopeful, but because I've owned enough classics to know they are shooters... wink

I like the balanced look. Are those lows or "super lows" (I think Leupold calls them)?

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I believe the stock is the supergrade copy Mcmillian makes, but I snagged it from gunbroker at a good price because it was unfinished. BSA the action is a pre64 300 H&H, but what I meant about fitting is the size of the rings. These were the only 26mm rings I had that wound fit the scope, and this was the base I chose to go with. Rev mike, they are low rings according to buehler.

2. The runway behind you
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RevMike
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

[Linked Image]

I like the balanced look. Are those lows or "super lows" (I think Leupold calls them)?

Those are lows. Im thinking extra lows would work too.

BSA MAGA
Page 62 of 71 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 70 71

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.