Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
last time I went to cabelas I looked at the fusions the first time I looked through them without even comparing them to the leicas I knew they sucked. if you can't see this the moment you put them to your eyes there is something wrong with you. it was that obvious it was that apparent. like I said the columbia timberlines that doug is selling for $59 bucks MIGHT be better optically.

Interestingly enough, I've compared the Timberline side-by-side with the Viper a couple of times, and they are pretty much a tie. Same with the Fusion glass. Pretty much a dead tie with the other two.

It should be obvious that the Fusion glass won't be as good as the Leica glass. It also costs $1000 less. I don't see a problem.

This is it in a nut shell....

For less than $700, the bushy offers value far beyond what you pay for. Is it a Leica or Zeiss, hardly not. It's better to compare them to say Leupold..

GB1

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jordan, any chance you can snap a picture of yours sitting in the bino harness?

what bino harness do you have right now?

Last edited by CLB; 09/29/11.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I think it's great that Bushnell has come to the plate with this offering. There have been many issues reported here with the Geovids as well. All the euro stuff is seriously over-priced IMO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I think it's great that Bushnell has come to the plate with this offering. There have been many issues reported here with the Geovids as well. All the euro stuff is seriously over-priced IMO.

really like what, I think I have read like 2 threads of the rangefinder giving trouble on the geovids in 6-7 years of reading threads here and on other forums, and thats after they have been out for like 7 years. I personally have owned 3 different pairs of geovids, if not for me carelessly knocking them off a fireplace onto the floor, I Would never have had an issue with any of them, my buddy has owned his for 6 years his have never had a problem either.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Newsflash for you CC.....they all have problems. Some more than others.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Seriously? Yours have already required a trip back for repair/replacement and you can's see how they're inferior to the Leica's?....

....I'm not 100% sold on the durability of the Zen-Rays because the first pair I had were bad right from the factory

LOL, looks like the reliability of the ZR's may be no better than that of the Fusions, yet you are okay with carrying the ZR's in the field wink

I didn't claim there's no practical difference between them and Leica like the poster I quoted. They're a $400.00 binocular, nothing more, nothing less.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's certainly true, but then again, as I'm sure you'll agree based on your decision to run ZR's, Leica Geo's aren't absolutely required to see, range, and kill animals, either. Even at extended ranges.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The blue tinting of the fusion makes you think they are going to suck, but when compaired in good light and low light to my elite 10x42 and swar. 7x42... they lag behind a little. No wow factor for clarity with the fusions but for actually resolving stuff pretty good. Would not be my first choice for a hunt with tons of glassing and very little ranging but I did take them to Kodiak this spring and they worked fine.
I would disagree with the poster who says the bushy 1500 or 1600 arc rqangefinder is the equal of the fusion rangefinder. It is not IMO.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,953
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.