Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My "Plan B" with the H110 and 240 gr. cast didn't work either.

I'm going to switch bases , rings and scope from my 1895 and buy another box of factory cartridges and start all over.

I originally put an old Redfield widefield 4X on this rifle and zeroed with Factory 240's.The old scope was pretty dim and I knew I was going to replace it so I never actually shot it for a group.

I bought a Vari X 2 from SWFA and tried zeroing again.It became obvious that the vertical adjustment wasn't responding right , so I sent it back to the factory for repair.Again, I never got a decent idea opf a group size.

I swapped the Vari X 2 for a M8 4X and that's what I've been using.There is no discernible movement in the bases or rings , but I'm gonna start all over with something I KNOW is OK.

If that don't work , it will be for trade for sure.

I've got a 244 AI with a Shilen barrel that won't shoot a 6 in group with 100 gr bullets , but outshoots me with 70 gr bt's.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
BP-B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
The Novice!!!

Amen

He's a liar....

Is that the best you can do???

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Don't get CD going. Swampgas is no match for the old texican!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good, then I won't have to listen to your lies.
hey swampy, we all KNOW your full of crap. Don't care if it is one of your idols that you worship, Remington and Marlin do have crap out there and advising someone to shoot a box of your go to factory loads out of one of these POS is about as helpfull and informative as most of the crap you post

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Keith and Russ;When y'all stumbled onto this internet "thang",years ago,did your thinking go in this direction:

"I'll bet all these guys posting this stuff about what they've done or things they've seen are lyin' like Hell 'cause they know they can't get caught at it,bein' away off over yonder somewhere where nobody can ever find 'em.I know they ain't lyin' to make money or to try and beat a rap of some kind,but I'll bet they're lyin' anyhow.They're lyin' just to make it look like they're smarter and got more money than me."

NO?

Mine didn't either.

grin

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think a computer has a more powerful effect than alcohol on some people in that it brings out the idiot and azzhole faster

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
When I was a drinking man, I thought a little libation made my debating skills sharper, my appeal to the opposite sex irresistable, and my somewhat plain looks, dashing, as well as my knowledge on all matters irrefutable.

Seems Bill Gates has done the same for a lot of tenderfoots. grin

It wasn't so for the liquor, and it ain't so for a microprocessor.

O, and I been lied to by the best in the criminal world, and most of what goes on here can't hold a patch to it. wink

Last edited by the_shootist; 10/02/11.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A drunk will- at some point- pass out or get locked up.

Gates woulda done a better service to mankind had he incorporated a similar "limiting device" for intruders into the cyber world.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Most who shoot cast in a marlin 444 find that .432 size works best and that .429 will offer turrible results. What size are your cast boolits?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I'm going to switch bases , rings and scope from my 1895 and buy another box of factory cartridges and start all over.

I originally put an old Redfield widefield 4X on this rifle and zeroed with Factory 240's.The old scope was pretty dim and I knew I was going to replace it so I never actually shot it for a group.

I bought a Vari X 2 from SWFA and tried zeroing again.It became obvious that the vertical adjustment wasn't responding right , so I sent it back to the factory for repair.Again, I never got a decent idea opf a group size.

I swapped the Vari X 2 for a M8 4X and that's what I've been using.There is no discernible movement in the bases or rings , but I'm gonna start all over with something I KNOW is OK.

I've got a 244 AI with a Shilen barrel that won't shoot a 6 in group with 100 gr bullets , but outshoots me with 70 gr bt's.

Troll!

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Troll!

Now, ain't that a case of the pot and the kettle. Swampy calling someone a Troll. crazy

DF

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Troll!

Now, ain't that a case of the pot and the kettle. Swampy calling someone a Troll. crazy

DF

Amen to that!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mogwai
Most who shoot cast in a marlin 444 find that .432 size works best and that .429 will offer turrible results. What size are your cast boolits?

The 320 fr. Cast Performance are .432.

The 240 gr.Kead are .43005 .

I put the base , rings , and 1X4 luepold from 45 70 on this rifle , went to town and got another box of the Rem 240 gr. jacketed bullets and just got thru zeroing it at 80 yards off my portable bench.

I was shooting pairs and "walking" it into the bull and it was putting the pairs within an inch of each other , so it appears the barrel is OK as far as jacketed bullets are concerned.

I mounted the original scope with stuff I had laying around , and I suspect the base may have been moving slightly as I could only get one screw in the rear mounting holes.The setup I have on now is one my 'smith installed when he cut the barrel off and recrowned my 1895.

I'm obliged for all the suggestions.

I wonder how many Campfire members the swamprabbit has hunted with? Is that something "trolls" do?

I don't know much about this internet deal , but I was at this campfire when the kindling was still burning.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
[quote=mogwai]

I wonder how many Campfire members the swamprabbit has hunted with? Is that something "trolls" do?

I think Swampy marches to his own drumbeat. I posted earlier of the lady watching a military parade who was heard to say, "Look at my boy Johnny. He's the only one in step." Swampy reminds me of Johnny. And not only is he out of step, I suspect he's the only one hearing the music.

He's rigidly narrow in his outlook and isn't going to be changed by any factual input. In fact, input isn't his game, just output.

So, to answer your question, to my knowledge, not many. At least they're not speaking up. Either they aren't out there or they are too ashamed to stand up and be counted.

And, yes, that's what Trolls do. They bait and antagonize their prey. Most are onto Swampy and just throw him a bone now and then. I don't see too many taking his proclamations seriously. I know I don't.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would welcome some factual imput....if there were any. I'm rigidly narrow in my outlook because I'm right.

A truck window is no place to shoot from and likely it isn't legal to hunt from. The guy's an idgit.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The guy's an idgit.

They all are, Swampy.

They all are, no doubt, just 'cause you said.

You da man. smirk

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Swampytroll, why don't you get lost. I was waiting to see how long it will be 'till your Ruger #3 45/70 is a piece of [bleep] because it key holed on one of your reloads or you tried 20 grains of bullseye as a reduced load.( Don't try it)

By the way guys, Swamptroll joined the Ruger forum.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Patrick_James

By the way guys, Swamptroll joined the Ruger forum.

Lucky them. frown

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

A truck window is no place to shoot from and likely it isn't legal to hunt from. The guy's an idgit.

What about shooting from a golf cart...?

DF

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I put the son of a bitch on "ignore" but I still get treated to all his posts by way of the quote button.That's OK,though,since I don't have to respond directly to him.

Of course you can establish a VERY stable shooting position from under the steering wheel,especially now that they lock when you kill the engine.And it's legal to shoot from them on private land, even while hunting, as long as you're in Texas.

Guys like the Swamprabbit-and THEY REALLY ARE A DIME A DOZEN at their core- inhabit a fantasy world.They can imagine themselves to be whatever they choose , and imagine you and me to be whatever he decides to "make" us be , write a script for his own little drama and imagine us following his script.

THAT last part is why some of his responses are so out of touch with reality.

Now,most guys afflicted with Swamprabbit's particular mental ailment will populate their fantasy world with good-looking , horny , women.

Why he want's to use a bunch of us guys as his props , is a question I'll leave for someone else.It's beyond my comprehension.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 74 invisible), 3,070 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,604
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.