Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sung to the tune of Gloria Gaynor of course.

Edit: to the OPs question; I believe the answer will be yes. wink

Last edited by prm; 11/14/17.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sheeit, I just got a 260 Rem 2 years ago years ago, how's a Creed better than that or my 6.5 Swede?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
to understand ballistics ya we all know on paper the creedmore 6.5 is a good new cartridge,but really just the good old 308 win. will hang close to the same ballistic but will a deer know the difference ? dead is dead this year for fun when I go to Montana I plan on using a 6.5x284 norma for deer which is ballisticly better yes better than the new Koolaid creedmore,and my son he`ll be using his 308 win. again. that old 308 win. last year my son killed a big 4x4 muley buck and this year a big 8 pt. whitetail in Minnesota .does my son worry about ballistics nope, son knows its the guy behind the gun more than the caliber always, so he will be carrying his trusty old 308 win in a BLR Browning to Montana next week and you can bet he will do just fine again with a 308 win. just the old grape flavor koolaid.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Biggest problem I see with 6.5 CM is that everyone seems to be loading it with H4350 and now I can't find any to load my 30-06 with.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by centershot
Biggest problem I see with 6.5 CM is that everyone seems to be loading it with H4350 and now I can't find any to load my 30-06 with.

Ain't that the truth!!!

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Trent,
What about online? I know that Sportsman's is always pretty picked over, but I haven't tried any of the online guys lately. Have you?

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pete53
to understand ballistics ya we all know on paper the creedmore 6.5 is a good new cartridge,but really just the good old 308 win. will hang close to the same ballistic but will a deer know the difference ? dead is dead this year for fun when I go to Montana I plan on using a 6.5x284 norma for deer which is ballisticly better yes better than the new Koolaid creedmore,and my son he`ll be using his 308 win. again. that old 308 win. last year my son killed a big 4x4 muley buck and this year a big 8 pt. whitetail in Minnesota .does my son worry about ballistics nope, son knows its the guy behind the gun more than the caliber always, so he will be carrying his trusty old 308 win in a BLR Browning to Montana next week and you can bet he will do just fine again with a 308 win. just the old grape flavor koolaid.

Ballistically better? The .338 Lapua is ballistically better than them all, why not just cut to the chase and get one of those?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 340boy

Trent,
What about online? I know that Sportsman's is always pretty picked over, but I haven't tried any of the online guys lately. Have you?

I have. You'd thought Hillary has been elected considering the availability of H4350............

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Trent,

I have. You'd thought Hillary has been elected considering the availability of H4350............

Great... ☹️

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by smokepole

Ballistically better? The .338 Lapua is ballistically better than them all, why not just cut to the chase and get one of those?

I got 338 lapua in a custom rifle with a big niteforce scope on it

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
For deer hunting?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Trent,

I actually found 2 pounds down and Smith and Edwards about a month ago. I was going to buy both but didn't want to be 'that guy' and just took one. That will keep me going for quite a while. Hopefully I'll find another jug before fall. I need to run to Boise here next week, Cliff's Gunsafes usually has some. (They charge like they are the only ones with any). Crazy how popular it has become.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

The Creedmoor was NOT designed for hunters who buy a rifle once in a decade and one box of ammo every other year. It WAS designed for target shooters who buy 6 rifles a year and buy their components in the thousand quantities. It is so popular with those guys because it does the same thing, the same way, pretty much every shot with boring regularity. That means it shoots multiple bullets into almost the same hole. It also is extremely pleasant to shoot because of the light recoil; it is less fatiguing for shooting many shots in a range session, into the same hole on the target.

It was designed over ten years ago and just now has shown significant popularity in the marketplace. And look who has been the main promoter - Hornady - and what is their main business? Component sales! In the last few decades, they have become serious purveyors of quality ammo, but components - mostly bullets - were what brought them to this party.

It just so happens that the 6.5 Creedmoor also kills critters very efficiently. And the same attributes that make it easy to shoot one-hole groups just happen to be transferable to the hunt.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Everyone needs at least two.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Probably.

I dont have one yet, seems I am always 15 years behind.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a good plan, Jim.
Buy the time you are catching the fad,
the fad changes. And you aren't left wondering,
why the hell did I buy THAT.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Two things made me realize the 6.5 CM had hit mainstream: The local W'mart has a fine selection of factory ammo for it and , in a phone conversation, my son asked if I've got one yet.

Mathew 22: 37-39

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=centershot]Biggest problem I see with 6.5 CM is that everyone seems to be loading it with H4350 and now I can't find any to load my 30-06 with.[/qu
\

The joy of the '06, is that many powders work well. I like 4451 real well in mine with Hornady 150 ILs.

If it is up to me, the Creed is going nowhere. Since I have a .260 and Creed, my other guns are pretty much gathering dust. I am becoming a solid fan of the 6.5 bullets. I broke in my newly-built 6.5 last week with five deer in five shots. No fanfare, no blistering velocities, just purely good performance. They are selling like hot cakes around here, now that people are finding out how good that mild cartridge can be.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been a "gun guy" now for about 25 or 30 years. I've never seen a thing like the 6.5 Creedmore. It really is phenomenal. In my opinion the closest thing I have seen to the Creedmore for instant popularity , Well, maybe not instant was the Winchester short magnums. I don't have a 6.5 CM, mostly because I'm a big 6.5 Swede fan. However, I will get a CM soon.

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another thing about the Creedmore "phenomena" that I think is really good are the spillover benefits- that is, the availability of more and better bullets and brass of the 6.5 bore- for any and all the 6.5s. Makes me give the 264 Winny some thought-even though I am a dyed in the wool 270 Roy user.

Last edited by 340boy; 11/22/17.

James Elroy Flecker

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.