Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Trolls are cowards, hiding behind a computer screen. I don't think they'd say to a man's face what they so often write from the obscurity of their den. They've got to put others down to make themselves look big, at least in their own eyes. They dogmatically spew out information as to appear expert, only to reveal their ineptitude. It's a function of the electronic age, I guess. I like modern gadgets, but cherish the old days when a man was a man and worms didn't dare crawl around in daylight. Even skunks move mostly at night. Daylight skunks, at least in my yard, tend to get blasted. Now, if those skunks just had a computer... eek

IMHO,

DF

I called plenty of folks liars to their face. You're a liar.

What's your one line of wisdom on skunks?

And what have I said that isn't true?

DF

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I put the son of a bitch on "ignore" but I still get treated to all his posts by way of the quote button.That's OK,though,since I don't have to respond directly to him.

Of course you can establish a VERY stable shooting position from under the steering wheel,especially now that they lock when you kill the engine.And it's legal to shoot from them on private land, even while hunting, as long as you're in Texas.

Guys like the Swamprabbit-and THEY REALLY ARE A DIME A DOZEN at their core- inhabit a fantasy world.They can imagine themselves to be whatever they choose , and imagine you and me to be whatever he decides to "make" us be , write a script for his own little drama and imagine us following his script.

THAT last part is why some of his responses are so out of touch with reality.

Now,most guys afflicted with Swamprabbit's particular mental ailment will populate their fantasy world with good-looking , horny , women.

Why he want's to use a bunch of us guys as his props , is a question I'll leave for someone else.It's beyond my comprehension.

Tell us more about your road hunting. Do you do it at night with a spotlight? How about seasons? Do you just road hunt year round?

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And what have I said that isn't true?

DF

For starters you implied I hunt from a golf cart. You implied that I'm a troll when you know full well why I'm here. It seems to be working BTW. Tex is a road hunter and just making stuff up about his Marlin.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Most of us are way past implying that you're an azz shooting, cart riding geriatric who can't age a deer. Further, nobody (you being the exception) is going to argue you're not a troll. CD and I may not agree on everything, but he's damn sure not a liar. You, OTOH....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
...when you know full well why I'm here.

I really don't know, Swampy, why you're here.

Need some help with that one.

DF

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
...when you know full well why I'm here.

I really don't know, Swampy, why you're here.

Need some help with that one.

DF

Prolly the best question ever posed to you on here Swampy!!!

I think you are the novice here!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
The Novice!!!

Amen

He's a liar....

How can I be a liar when I readily admit to being a novice???

Just like a big ass whiner......

you're a liar........

you're a liar........

you're a liar........

sound like a kid who got his lunch money stolen!

Can't you come up with anything better than that???

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You act like you're about 10 years old. Nothing you post makes any sense. That's why you'll always be a novice. Any you're just one of the reason's I'm here.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You act like you're about 10 years old. Nothing you post makes any sense. That's why you'll always be a novice. Any you're just one of the reason's I'm here.

Just wish you could come up with better answers!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Wasn't it in the movie "Magnum Force" that Clint said, "A man's got to know his limitations." Don't expect much, Rich. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Wasn't it in the movie "Magnum Force" that Clint said, "A man's got to know his limitations." Don't expect much, Rich. wink

I don't Keith!!!

Swampy needs no negative support from anyone here.........his posts state the obvious about him!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, that I'm always right. And, you're not experienced enough to know that.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Claiming you are always right just goes to show what a little person you are and the lack of manhood you have.

A real man owns up to his own mistakes, accepts criticism and never claims to be right all the time.

Do I possess all these..............no..............but I admit that and that is a starting point!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
I don't own a golf cart. I don't shoot from cars, trucks, carts, etc. I leave that to you guys.

Can't so much as lean a loaded firearm on a vehicle here and the other states that I hunt in. Did you steal the golf cart you azz shot that deer from or did it belong to one of your geriatric "friends"?

Laffin'

George

ETA: Sorry CD but the rain is hammering here, it's been a long few weeks at work, and I need a good laugh.

No problem .West Texas Mule Deer hunting is ALL about vehicles as a general rule :

[Linked Image]

You'll notice that the "road" ain't much!

We do plenty of walking,climbing, and glassing , but you can't even SEE a deer out on the flats unless you can get your head above the cactus and brush.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you tried the Hornady 265 JSP's.?

They shoot well out of my 444. I can sometimes get 3 under an inch and 5 will almost always go about 1.5". Plenty good for what I need.

Here's what mine likes.

Hornady Case
Remington 9 1/2 Primers
Hornady 265 JSP
42.5 gr. IMR 4198
COL 2.565
Lee Factory Crimped

These Avg 2075 from my rifle.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

It doesn't take a world of experience to know that your ratio of right/wrong is not that high.

That's an easy diagnosis, PhD not necessary.

DF

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'll soon find out what the 320 CP's will do to a hog."

Still haven't shot a hog with it since we seem to have a few good bucks in my hunting pasture this year.But........ I'm tearing apart the 320 CP loads with 40 gr of 4198.

Because........

Yesterday morning my S.I.L. was complaining because he had missed a hog with his 7 Mag the day before and was concerned his scope had come un-done.The only extra rifle I had at camp was this 444 , so I told him he could use it out of a little pop-up blind I had put down on a creek crossing where there were some big deer sign.

He had barely settled in when a hot doe brought a really nice eight point to within 60 yards of the blind.He shot him in the chest and the buck just stood there,so he shot him again in the shoulder and he went down.As he was still kicking , so Jason put one in his neck.It's his best deer yet and he is excited.Probably score 125 which ain't bad for an eight point.

Not a single bullet of the three exited.

I want an exit hole on a hog and this load ain't gonna cut it.

It's kinda funny , since hogs are usually my "test medium" for deer size bullets ,but this time it worked backwards!

I'm gonna up them two grains and try for a tighter crimp,and check 'em out on a hog.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Not a single bullet of the three exited.

I want an exit hole on a hog and this load ain't gonna cut it.

It's kinda funny , since hogs are usually my "test medium" for deer size bullets ,but this time it worked backwards!

I'm gonna up them two grains and try for a tighter crimp,and check 'em out on a hog.

Pushing them faster is gonna help?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Bullets might be TOO hard. Is it microgroove?? SIZING critical for performance from microgroove barrels.
My old 1980 Model with the Micro Groove has ALWAYS been a tack driver...with whatever you feed it..

as I have seen with other 444 owners, that have poor groups...

most of the time it is the shooter, jerking when they pull the trigger, afraid of the recoil...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I love the 444... so I think cool!,. an 8 page thread...

instead of that, I find not 8 pages on the 444.. I find 7 pages of what an butthead a batch of people think Swampy is..

mingled with 7 pages of Swampy denying it, but providing positive proof to the contrary....

another thread wrecked... and then the wrecker denies he's a troll.... whistle

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 70 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.