Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Just got back from Robert Gradous�s gunsmithing class. It was an absolutely incredible time. His attention to detail and ability to teach is second to none. Robert walked me through from the beginning on what parts would be required to be purchased, every detail on building the rifle, all the tricks to precision reloading, developing the best hand loads for the rifle, and shooting tips at both 100 yards and long distance shooting.

This rifle we built is a shooter. I have custom rifles built by all the big name gunsmiths and all I can say this rifle beats them all. My only regret is that I did not let Robert build all of them for me. I am already talking to Robert about building me another on. 6mmbr?? Robert says he can have it feed with no problems

I also bought a March scope per Robert�s recommendation. This is an incredible scope. We spent some time watching a fly with six legs walking around on our 100 yard target. We were also able to see bullet holes at our long distances targets. If you have never look through a March you are missing a chance to look through one of the best optics ever made.

Specs

6.5x47 Lapua
Surgeon action
Surgeon bottom metal
Krieger Barrel cut to 22�,
McMillian A5 Stock
Jewel trigger
Nightforce rings
March 10x60 scope

In closing if you are looking for a smith to build your rifle and want to help build it contact Robert. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Last edited by andrews1958; 10/08/11.
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Robert was definitely on my short list when deciding who to use for my most recent build. Have heard nothing but good about Robert.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Don't know him or ever seen one of his guns in person. Sure seems like every thread like this shows same results though......all are one holers!!! Congrats on a fine shootin rifle.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have a few Gradous rifles & there all tack-drivers. Beautiful rifle Andrews, congrats.

The 2nd photo w/cellphone, that was a 600 yard group correct?

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
The photo with the phone was at 600 yards. First time I had ever shot at this distance. Sort of cool when you pull the trigger, bang and then waite a few seconds before you hear the ding from hitting the target

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very Nice Rig cool cool

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice looking rifle you got there. What sort of a class is this, does he build your gun while you watch/help?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice. I see the scenars used again too.

"Then join in hand, brave Americans all!.....By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall"
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Ghostwalker
Nice looking rifle you got there. What sort of a class is this, does he build your gun while you watch/help?

Robert lets you do 95% of the work yourself He would probably had let me do the other 5% if I wanted to. He also teaches you in detail on how to set up all the machines and what they are doing while you are running them.

Again it is a fantastic course and once complete you will fully understand what it takes to build an extreemly well built and accurate custom rifle.

Last edited by andrews1958; 10/09/11.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've Never Heard a Bad word About The Man.. That's Seems Rare In The Smithing Business..He's Definitely On Top Of his Game..That One Shoots, as Good as It Looks... Very Nice.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
As I had mentioned earlier I have had numerous customs built by well known and high dollar gunsmiths. After building and shooting this rifle and actually seeing Robert's attention to detail I have decided he will get 100% of my business for all my future rifle builds. Do yourself a favor and talk to him about your next build. You will not be disapointed

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Getting real close to start my next build with Robert. Just waiting for the barrel.

Specs

Caliber=6XC http://www.6mmbr.com/6XC.html

Surgeon 591 action http://www.surgeonrifles.com/591

Kriger barrel 1:8 twistcut to 23"

McMillian A5 Desert Camo

Spur rings http://www.spuhr.com/Separate%20rings.html

Doctor Reddot

CG X-Treme Mod 22 Tactical trigger http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/index.php?page=mod-22-order-page

Schmidt & Bender scopes: 12-50x56 Scope

Take it from my experience (10 full customs) I have yet to find a better gunsmith than Robert.I put a lot of money in my rifles and want nothing but the best for parts and there is no questions Robert is the best smith to build them for me.

Contact me if you have any questions or give him a call and tell him David recomended him. You will not be disapointed.

Last edited by andrews1958; 04/07/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have to second this after my experience with Robert

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those are some pretty nice components going into those rifles, which I am sure greatly contribute to the quality and accuracy. Perhaps they should be called Gradous-Surgeon-Krieger Rifles.

Does he have a website?

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Those are some pretty nice components going into those rifles, which I am sure greatly contribute to the quality and accuracy. Perhaps they should be called Gradous-Surgeon-Krieger Rifles.

Does he have a website?

Here ya go http://www.gradousrifles.com/

He does amazing work, hope to use him one day myself.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I was cleaning out my inbox and found a couple posts on two rifles Robert built for me. I will probably be selling both of them shortly as I just do not have time to shoot them. The only change I have made was swapping the March 60x for their illuminated 8x80. What an incredable scope. It is clearer than the S&B.

Last edited by andrews1958; 05/07/17.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
What rest is that in your picture?

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Sinclair!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Sinclair!

I thought it might be.I asked because I've been looking at getting something better than bags. Would that be the Heavy Varmint model?

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Pretty much ... I don't believe they offer the one pictured above any longer, the new HV is the redesigned model!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Super cool rifles.

Does anyone know Robert's turnaround time for a full build?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sounds like it takes a long while just to get your parts back.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11415312/1

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Super cool rifles.

Got my 243 back in one week his turnaround times have been phenomenal being he has help...... will post pictures ASAP. Outstanding job on a very accurate rifle in which I can't ask for anything more. I wholeheartedly thank and appreciate Mr. Gradous. Stay tuned for pics and next build(7STW)!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by andrews1958

Two left hands in a pic. Don't see that every day grin

Very nice rifle. I like the components list: I have almost the exact set-up (minus the scope brand)
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
One is Robert's the other the one is mine. Good catch though

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Popapi
Super cool rifles.

Got my 243 back in one week his turnaround times have been phenomenal being he has help...... will post pictures ASAP. Outstanding job on a very accurate rifle in which I can't ask for anything more. I wholeheartedly thank and appreciate Mr. Gradous. Stay tuned for pics and next build(7STW)!

I spoke to Robert a little while ago and his new helper is making a big difference in getting his rifles orders turned around. Buying parts, taking orders, packaging, shipping, receiving all takes time especially if you are a one man operation with a big backlog

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by andrews1958
Originally Posted by Popapi
Super cool rifles.

I spoke to Robert a little while ago and his new helper is making a big difference in getting his rifles orders turned around. Buying parts, taking orders, packaging, shipping, receiving all takes time especially if you are a one man operation with a big backlog
Yes it is, the help was very much needed....hoping all continues to work out for them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 18 invisible), 1,268 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.