Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hello from Tom.

At this time I wish to express my gratitude and thanks to all of you (about 120 so far), who have offered to me and to his family your condolences and prayers during the past two days over on the original thread.

Funeral arrangements plus making contact with all those needed are moving forward. We expect about 350-400 people to attend the funeral this Saturday.

Knowing John the way I did and just in case any of you are thinking of shipping flowers, he would much rather have you do any of the following in his memory.

Fund some martial arts training for your kids.
Fund any defeat Obama campaign.

Buy copies of the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence for your kids.

Buy a copy of Mark Levine`s book "Liberty and Tyranny."

Buy bullets and powder plus any other reloading things that you need.

I will log on again in a few weeks to pass along the final autopsy results and will offer some funeral details.

Thanks again to everyone for your condolences and support.

Tom

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Tom--- It's apparent what a true friend John has in you and while I never knew him or you please know that I have kept you all in my prayers.

I've been talking to my wife recently about getting our little girl into martial arts and I think that your last post was the final incentive I needed.

God bless you Tom.

Bill

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Tom,

Your posting here speaks volumes about you and John and your relationship. A man is blessed to have just one real friend in his lifetime and it looks like you both were richly blessed.

My prayers continue for you and John's family.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Hello from Tom.

At this time I wish to express my gratitude and thanks to all of you (about 120 so far), who have offered to me and to his family your condolences and prayers during the past two days over on the original thread.

Funeral arrangements plus making contact with all those needed are moving forward. We expect about 350-400 people to attend the funeral this Saturday.

Knowing John the way I did and just in case any of you are thinking of shipping flowers, he would much rather have you do any of the following in his memory.

Fund some martial arts training for your kids.
Fund any defeat Obama campaign.Buy copies of the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence for your kids.

Buy a copy of Mark Levine`s book "Liberty and Tyranny."

Buy bullets and powder plus any other reloading things that you need.

I will log on again in a few weeks to pass along the final autopsy results and will offer some funeral details.

Thanks again to everyone for your condolences and support.

Tom

Wonderful ideas, but I fixed one part to make it more prominent.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Tom,

Your posting here speaks volumes about you and John and your relationship. A man is blessed to have just one real friend in his lifetime and it looks like you both were richly blessed.

Ed

AMEN and as do mine.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you for the update. Once again, we would love to have you join us under your own cybername. Please do give us another update or some such when you can. Do the Widow and daughter now have a finacial crisis? I feel pretty certain the the folks at the 'fire would chip in and help out if we knew of the need. Please let us know.

Thanks,

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by T LEE
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Tom,

Ed

AMEN and as do mine.

I'll second that, and offer up prayers from W TX also. A man is richly blessed to have friends like you.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks Tom. I'll miss squeeze because he didn't take crap from anyone here. He always stood his ground. He was helpful to other members here and will truly be missed. My sincerest condolences again.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by safariman
Thank you for the update. Once again, we would love to have you join us under your own cybername. Please do give us another update or some such when you can. Do the Widow and daughter now have a finacial crisis? I feel pretty certain the the folks at the 'fire would chip in and help out if we knew of the need. Please let us know.

Thanks,

MARK

I would also help if need be. Let us know....Thanks

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Safariman,,,,,,(Mark)

Rather than wait a few weeks, thought I`d log back in and answer your questions right away. Others might be asking the same.

Thank you for your invite for me to join this forum. In the nearly three years John has been a member here, I can tell you that John "HAS" tried to get me to join this forum "MANY" times. But unlike John, blogging and so on just isn`t my cup of enjoyment tea.

There is no widow involved. John was single but had a local girlfriend who I have met. Naturally, she is devastated.

Thank you for offering financial support. There is no need for any outside financial support. John is well insured and was doing well financially.

His daughter I`m told, will keep his three rifles for sentimental reasons. I don`t know what will happen to his Can-Am Spyder, the Chev truck, the Escolade or with the `011 Shelby GT500 he recently bought. Probably all get sold if nobody in the family wants them. But if I were a family member, I`d make darn sure that I could use one of them, especially that GT500 convertible and `09 Escolade. But that`s all up in the air right now and a down the road priority.

And unless the daughter or another family member wants it, I`m sure the house will soon be put on the market.

Take care,

Tom

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
How about a picture of bigsqueeze. I'm sure being his hunting partner, you have a bunch of them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Putting a face with the name would be good.

RIP bigsqueeze

JOC was right. The 270 Winchester on a Model 70 is a great combination as is the 30/06 and 375 H&H

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My prayers are with you and John's family and other friends.

After reading his posts, I wish I had the chance to converse with him more.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Please post link to Squeezes obituary.
Thanks,

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tom
I will be in the Orange County area this weekend, and would like to pay my reapects. If its okay can you pm me the details on the funeral services or post them?
It would be nice if some from the Campfire could attend.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hi Tom,
Seems that you and Bigsqueeze have the same problem spelling "Escolade", or should I say misspelling..?

Please post Obit link, flowers for the deceased.

Prayers sent... RIP John

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Tom
I will be in the Orange County area this weekend, and would like to pay my reapects. If its okay can you pm me the details on the funeral services or post them?
It would be nice if some from the Campfire could attend.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I owe money to bigsqueeze. Can you give me the contact info for the daughter so I can settle up with her? Hate to leave a debt unpaid..

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Amazing, all those karate skills, access to chinese stars, nunchucks, and guns, and he couldn't beat the reaper.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
At the risk of sounding like a d*ck... I find this entire scenario very odd.

Travis

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,597 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.