Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
STA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SU35, are you happy with the zeiss with the 4A reticle? I really like mine.

randy..
GB1

S
SU35 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
SU35, are you happy with the zeiss with the 4A reticle? I really like mine.

I love it and wish most of my scopes were a Zeiss Conquest 4A. I'm going to sell a Leupold and get another one.

I dumped a Leupold VX3 3.5x10 with a CDS for this current Zeiss. The Zeiss beats it to pieces.
The turrets on the Zeiss are low and easy to handle and don't move as easy. Easier to handle with cold hands or gloves too.

STA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have not tried the zeiss with turrets but would like too!
IMO the 4a reticle is awesome in the field and woods.

randy..
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SU35
"Superformance ammunition is 100 to 200 fps FASTER than any conventional ammunition on the market today, and achieves this performance in EVERY gun, WITHOUT increases in felt recoil, muzzle blast, temperature sensitivity, fouling or loss of accuracy."
That is the description for Hornady Superformance ammo, Hodgdon Superformance powder is not the same powder used in that ammo, it just produces similar results in certain cartridges, hence it's limited application range, the name of the powder is misleading.

S
SU35 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Superformance powder is not the same powder used in that ammo,

Do you know that for fact?

If so, how?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SU-do the Z scopes come with the turret or do you have to send them back to get them installed?

Got any pics?

And....does the bugger have a bottom/zero stop?

Thx
Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SU35
Superformance powder is not the same powder used in that ammo,

Do you know that for fact?

If so, how?
This is another of the spherical powders Hodgdon� Powder Company and Hornady� Manufacturing introduced to answer the frequently asked reloading question: "Can I buy the powder used in the Hornady Superformance factory ammunition?" Superformance delivers striking velocities in cartridges like the 22-250 Remington, 243 Winchester and 300 Winchester Short Magnum. Velocities well in excess of 100 fps over the best published handloads and even larger gains over factory ammunition! Because this propellant is tailored for specific applications, the number of cartridges and bullets is limited, but where it works, it really works!

(Here's Hodgdon's description, I guess I don't know it for fact, but if it was the same powder, why wouldn't it work with all the different cartridges Superformance ammo comes in? I'd be willing to bet there's a few different powder blends involved in accommodating the entire Hornady Superformance ammo line).

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
From Shooting Times Magazine:

Hodgdon Announces New Super Powders by Scott E. Mayer � January 4, 2011 � 1 comment

Handloaders can now safely duplicate the performance of Hornady Superformance and Leverevolution ammunition.
By Scott E. Mayer

Today, Hodgdon Powder Company shared with a small group of InterMedia�s writers an announcement that beginning in January 2011 it will offer two new canister powders that allow handloaders to safely duplicate the velocities of Hornady�s Superformance and Leverevolution lines of premium ammunition.

According to Hodgdon�s Chris Hodgdon, Superformance and Leverevolution powders essentially duplicate the proprietary blends currently being used by Hornady, and previously unavailable to handloaders.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Not quite. Hornday uses a different blend for different cartridges--and they don't sell several different Superformance or LeveRevolution blends to handloaders.

From what I have been told, the Superformance canister powder is the one Hornady uses in .30-06 factory loads, and the LeveRevolution powder is the one used in .30-30 loads.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Not quite. Hornday uses a different blend for different cartridges--and they don't sell several different Superformance or LeveRevolution blends to handloaders.

My point exactly SU35, btw, I don't mean this in a cocky manner whatsoever, I was just saying if it was the same stuff, it would work for a lot more cartridges, but one powder must not be able to cover everything, it would be cool if they released all of the different blends. Also, I'm glad it works well in your 300 WSM, hopefully it will do well in my 300 SAUM also.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TXRam
I picked up a couple of pounds a couple of weeks ago - glad to see some real world results. I will be trying it in my 300 and 7mm WSM's.

If you get any loads worked up for your 7mm wsm i would really appreciate hearing about them, as i have a 7mm wsm and i have been wanting try the superformance powder but have been holding on buying some due to not being able to find load data for it in that application (ps i mostly shoot 154's)

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, MINE ARE ALL DEFECTIVE ..... TED NUGENT
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by lmartin
Originally Posted by TXRam
I picked up a couple of pounds a couple of weeks ago - glad to see some real world results. I will be trying it in my 300 and 7mm WSM's.

If you get any loads worked up for your 7mm wsm i would really appreciate hearing about them, as i have a 7mm wsm and i have been wanting try the superformance powder but have been holding on buying some due to not being able to find load data for it in that application (ps i mostly shoot 154's)

Will do! Might be a month or two, as I need to pick up a new chronograph prior to trying it out.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 12 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 721 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,421
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.