Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by roundoak

Some of you may recall, I believe it was last year a fire member, got hold of a Danner/Lacrosse employee discount code number. It was half price on all footwear and I ordered three pair of the Sierras...one each for my son and nephew and of course, for myself. The discount was meant only for employees but Danner honored it.

For clarity - That code was a friends and family code that was good for one day online. Anyone could use it. They were trying to clear a ton of inventory. Which they did. I also got one and passed it along to every hunter I knew. Saved lots of people a ton of money. If they do it again I'll post it on the fire. I was only a lurker last year when it came out.

BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm on my second set of leaking pronghorns. Swamp foot the first hour in the field. I'm currently waiting for Danner customer service to get back to me. I will say the they are great until the water started pouring in!

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Load

Some of you may recall, I believe it was last year a fire member, got hold of a Danner/Lacrosse employee discount code number. It was half price on all footwear and I ordered three pair of the Sierras...one each for my son and nephew and of course, for myself. The discount was meant only for employees but Danner honored it.

For clarity - That code was a friends and family code that was good for one day online. Anyone could use it. They were trying to clear a ton of inventory. Which they did. I also got one and passed it along to every hunter I knew. Saved lots of people a ton of money. If they do it again I'll post it on the fire. I was only a lurker last year when it came out.

That's not exactly correct. They were not expecting the code to hit the web like it did. I contacted their customer service when I couldn't order my boots and had to let them know which Danner employee gave me the code. This year they are giving their buyers and dealers a certain number of codes to give out to friends and family. This is the reason I am asking the question.

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I need to purchase a pair from the website so the Elk hunters frpm Cabelas are out. I have a pair of Kenetreks Mountain Extreme with 400 grams of insulation that I love. The Kenetreks can be a bit stiff at times for Iowa hunting so I may go with a pair of Santiams or Trophy.

Thanks again

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
6mm Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have used both the Danner Canadian and the Trophy model and each is made in the USA! I love them both but use the Trophy all the time now. It's a great boot. I use Obenauf's or Montana Pitch Blend on them to help waterproof them once in a while and I'm good to go! Yes they are waterproof, but that just helps preserve the leather and protect it.

Danner Trophy!! Great boot with great traction.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by trouthunterdj
Originally Posted by Load

That's not exactly correct. They were not expecting the code to hit the web like it did. I contacted their customer service when I couldn't order my boots and had to let them know which Danner employee gave me the code. This year they are giving their buyers and dealers a certain number of codes to give out to friends and family. This is the reason I am asking the question.

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I need to purchase a pair from the website so the Elk hunters frpm Cabelas are out. I have a pair of Kenetreks Mountain Extreme with 400 grams of insulation that I love. The Kenetreks can be a bit stiff at times for Iowa hunting so I may go with a pair of Santiams or Trophy.

Thanks again

ddj

my mistake.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
No worries. I was trying to inform.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I like the Danner Canadian the best followed by the Elk Hunter. They made a shortened Canadian at one time that was my all time fave, but my last pair crapped out after two resoles and over 10 years of use.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have the older Acadia Military style and the pronghorns,
I like the Acadia better. Both wear very well. Both waterproof
so far.

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've had good luck with the USA made Danners. Have had a couple pairs of Acadias, desert Ft. Lewis (uninsulated), Hood Winter Light and the Canadians.

My favorite all around are the Hood Winter Lights (have two pairs). Also like the Canadians.

Important to get the USA Danners, built better, fit better (to me). Last year, they had an online sale, one day only, 50% off. I bought a couple more pairs. Don't know if they will be doing it again; believe it was December.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
653 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 59 invisible), 3,132 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,190
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.