Print Thread
Hop To
M
MarkFed Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
With all of the hoopla about the Taurus Judge and it's 800 variants over the past couple of years and now S&W jumping on the bandwagon with their Governor that also accomodates the .45ACP cartridge in moon clips I would think Ruger would get in on this. However Ruger always seems to be an innovator of sorts with their add ons. Examples include the LCP, LC9, .327 Federal, SR-556, the new 1911 all have a little Ruger specific personality.

I think Ruger should come out with a Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk or even better a Redhawk that is chambered for .45LC/.410 and make it reminiscent of the Magnum Research BFR with a choke to stop the shot cup rotation. Which Taurus and S&W do not offer.

I would definately like one on the Redhawk platform or Bisley Blackhawk and make it SS with a 7.5" barrel.

What do you guys think?

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
BP-B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
That's not my cup of tea but to each his own.

If they come out with anything, I wish that they would come out with a 5 shot 480 Bisley.

Landrum

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
That'd be a damned heavy, and still damned pricey, snake gun.

M
MarkFed Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Well, I do some rabbit hunting with a Contender .45/.410 with a 10" barrel as do some of my buddies. We have started to do handgun specific small game hunts. I've taken several ruffed grouse too.

Not the reason I thought of this was b/c a friend has a BFR which swings, shoots, and patterns great and it has the 7.5" barrel. The BFRs are really heavy though and I thought a Bisley Blackhawk would be a little lighter and cheaper than a BFR.

( I do not think a .410 is a good self defense load or the judge/governor a practical home defense gun. Specifically talking about small game hunting purposes.)

Last edited by MarkFed; 10/14/11.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
You'd have to make the Ruger about the same size as the BFR in order to take the .410 case.

IC B2

M
MarkFed Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I guess you're right

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MarkFed
With all of the hoopla about the Taurus Judge and it's 800 variants over the past couple of years and now S&W jumping on the bandwagon with their Governor that also accomodates the .45ACP cartridge in moon clips I would think Ruger would get in on this. However Ruger always seems to be an innovator of sorts with their add ons. Examples include the LCP, LC9, .327 Federal, SR-556, the new 1911 all have a little Ruger specific personality.

I think Ruger should come out with a Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk or even better a Redhawk that is chambered for .45LC/.410 and make it reminiscent of the Magnum Research BFR with a choke to stop the shot cup rotation. Which Taurus and S&W do not offer.

I would definately like one on the Redhawk platform or Bisley Blackhawk and make it SS with a 7.5" barrel.

What do you guys think?
I probably have the longest "Judge" thread on the site. You can probably come up with it if you search a bit. I am a fan, but the Judge is widely hated amongst gunnies. It seems to appeal most to "entry level" handgunners, or those who don't frequent the internet with all its ancient wisdom and suchlike. ~snicker~

I've seen Smith's new offering but alas, didn't handle it yet. I'm attending a funshow in our state's capitol today and will check one out if I can. Smith's new revolvers are mainly overpriced, so I'd probably get a Taurus anyway, even if I were to buy one today.

I'm not a big Ruger fan. I've owned a lot of them, and would say that the quality overall is below mediocre. I suppose if they came out with one it would be average after about five years of customers sending them back and Ruger having to fix them. Ruger likes to do their field testing after the fact, IMO.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Cole, not sure where you get your information regarding Rugers, but IMO and I own several you are off base. Quality is excellent. I have sent one back but it was because of a recall, not because I had any problem with it. The Smith forum has basically restricted people from talking about their lock problems on the main forum. Yes they (Ruger) do have some that go back, can you name a company that doesn't? You can't buy a car today that you won't have to take back into the shop at somepoint.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not to hijack, but on the topic of a Ruger wish list...I'd love to see a SP101 in .44Spl. Ummm Hmmm.

Oh, and I too own several Rugers and they are all fantastic firearms.

"Doing right isn't always easy but it is always right."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's not much in the shooting sports world that has worse quality than a Taurus except maybe an RG. The Judge is just goofy IMO.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.