Print Thread
Hop To
#5623173 09/15/11
N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Great bunch of guys there with a wealth of information that most of the posters there are more then willing to share.

But the moderators, shall we say have some control issues?
Anyone here have their posts removed from Tradgang for obscure reasons?

Last edited by NYStillHunter; 09/16/11.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Have had no issues yet over there, but have not posted too often though

Some great guys on there based upon my experience

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Don't tell Stick about that place!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As long as you agree with "thier way" then you'll be fine. If you like to branch out a bit then Tradtalk is a good site. Archerytalk Trad forum is where I spend most of my time. Good site all around with some world class shooters and less of the hard core traditional bs.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Terry Green is abit of a control freek.

The Leatherwall is slightly better but the new moderators over there are taking their jobs too seriously as well.

TardTalk has always bugged me. Elitist mindset over there and Papa Bull can be a real prick.

Pirates of Archery is a fun site with an 'anything goes' mentality, but it doesn't have enough traffic to keep it interesting.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not over there that much... I got into it years ago with Biggie Hoffman and his elitist [bleep] approach and that was pretty much it. No problems with Terry, or the mods.

Tradtalk?? I haven't been over there since Robert (Papabull) quit making strings... Damn I miss the Mountain Mufflers frown

Traditional Bowhunters are just misfits and societal outcasts, thats all there is too it... You show me a traditionalist that isn't opinionated, and I'll show you a poser that likes to post [bleep] on the internet.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good site with great info. There is definitely a more popular "Clique" there.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The posts I've seen pulled there violated the T's and C's of the forum. For the most part, people there are respectful and helpful, unlike here where every thread turns in to a scheet flinging fest. Yeah, TG isn't perfect but it's Terry Green's site and he can manage it however he wants.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Don't tell Stick about that place!!

LOL - now THAT would be funny! - if not short lived. grin

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
I know I have my opinions! LOL.... Sort of

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've never experienced any problems or trouble on Tradgang and I've been there....6-8 years? It's a trad site, waddya expect, welcome arms to crossbows and compounds? No different than trying to talk graphite on a bamboo forum or in-line on a reenacting/trad muzzleloading site. All those kinds of sites have seen those who are there only to disrupt and disturb and I pretty much don't blame them for keeping a tight rein.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
True... But when Biggie flat out told me I wasnt a bowhunter, because I had a 629 on me everytime I went elk hunting up the South Fork because half the times you call in a Grizzly, that was just straight up BS. Especially coming from a guy that mostly hunts box blinds in Texas.

If he can't resist the temptation to smoke one with a pistol and then tell his buddies its a bowkill, that's HIS problem. I got no use for guys that live in the world of double standards. I bet he wouldn't walk around in a ghetto without a pistol.....

If anybody knows Robert at TradTalk, tell him to get off his ass and start making strings again.

I'm Irish...

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
LOL, I love when people tell people what "Real Hunting" is. A guy like that has a Griz sniffing around his Camp wants to call in a B52 strike but condemns a guy like me for carrying a .22 to pot a grouse.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That was pretty much sums it up nicely

I'm Irish...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Biggie is not there much. He is very opinioated and passionate...need to let some things go in one ear and out the other.

I am on TG a lot. I prefer it over the conflict filled Leatherwall. I always treat people with respect there as I do here and never have any problems.

Here is a recent post of mine over there you guys might enjoy:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=108309

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Terry is a little too quick to ban someone for disagreeing with him.I miss my friends on the site,but he ain't one of em'.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Some good information there, but a strange place.

I had two threads pulled - one a question on broadheads and one about a new bow I was thinking of ordering.

Both disappeared with no explanation. Only thing I can fugure was that the broadhead question involved competing claims about a single bevel (one of their sponsors) or a double bevel (Silver Flame) being the best. It was a legitimate question. Only ting I can figure it that it pissed their single bevel sponsor - how dare you question that! The new bow question is a real mystery.

I don't post there often (under 20), so maybe they don't like "outsiders" clogging up their board. Funny thing is I have been a traditional shooter for about 50 years.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I lost most of my interest when they did away with the collectors forum. It's back now but I'll never view it the same way after that little episode. There are a lot of great guys over there and a wealth of information especially for collectors. I was pretty active there for a while, last time I was there I saw you had to have a 100 post count and get permission to list a bow for sale, I guess that's one way to keep the "dealers" away.

Just MHO.
Bob

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BobT
I lost most of my interest when they did away with the collectors forum. It's back now but I'll never view it the same way after that little episode. There are a lot of great guys over there and a wealth of information especially for collectors. I was pretty active there for a while, last time I was there I saw you had to have a 100 post count and get permission to list a bow for sale, I guess that's one way to keep the "dealers" away.

Just MHO.
Bob

Yep, T Green screwed himself over good with that whole collectors forum fiasco.

I haven't bothered to vist TG even once since then...nor will I.

F
F
I got a thread pulled this summer.... I posted a pic of a fish I killed with my Atlatl!!! Guess Atlatls aren't trad enough lol!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (358WCF, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 35 invisible), 1,965 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,161
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.