-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was a Maker's Mark guy until someone here at the Fire raved about Buffalo Trace. I'm now a real fan of BT, but will try the other bourbons mentioned here.

The Fire is a pretty good source of info on bourbons. It's nice to know that I have some other excellent bourbons in my future.

Thanks guys.

Steve

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Woodford...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Knob Creek but to be honest, I have not tried the other 2.

must be an Alaskan thang

just picked up another bottle the other day.

now that I buy good whiskey the danged lil woman is drinking it all up!

while I hate to see the level of the line drop down the bottle I do like the effects! whistle

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Booker Noe's is better than any of those three

BULLCHIT!

well send me a bottle Sam, hell you might be correct, I'll retract that statement after I test it and "if" I agree

do it for science Sam, for sciences

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
They all come from Kentucky and as such all worth drinking.

Keith, I'd still like to get in on that Wyoming deal.

I don't think you can convince any of the share holders to give up theirs but if someone decides they want out I will let you know. Otherwise you can contact David DeFazio and set up a barrel purchase.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I haven't tried Woodford or Buffalo Trace yet, but I'm not a big fan of the real smoky aftertaste that Knob Creek seems to leave. Maybe it's just me who feels that way about it, I don't know. Otherwise, I like it. Have heard good things about Buffalo Trace though, I need to try it. On that same note, I really need to try some Rare Breed, as I'm a bit of a Wild Turkey slut.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
sick I will stick with Beefeater straight from the freezer. In fact there is one right now just four inches from my left hand.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Of those mentioned, Woodford. But like the other guy, I usually have Gentleman Jack on hand.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Love me some Buffalo Trace. Maker's is still my favorite sipping whiskey though.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love that smokey aftertaste.

Dat's why I like McClellens islay scotch...Gonna have to try Buffalo Trace.

Virgil B.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I have drank every Bourbon mentioned here, and still like Gentleman Jack or JD Single Barrel as good as any.

I used to like Maker's quite a bit. Then I decided Buffalo Trace was better. Now I'm back to Gentleman Jack........

uhhhhh, Gentleman Jack and Jack Daniels are NOT Bourbon. Just saying............

Sam......

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, Tennessee whiskey can't be bourbon, but I'll let it slide for sake of this discussion.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
You are all going to hell for drinking that stuff.

Hmmm.....I'm willing to risk it.

I have tried all three of the brands mentioned. I like Knob Creek the best. It is a good, solid, bourbon that finishes slightly sweet and smoky. Woodford comes in second. Woodford has a unique finish that I can only describe as slightly salty. I know a lot of guys love Buffalo Trace, but it is a little thin and lacks much character in my opinion.

Among the readily available commercial brands, Booker�s, Blanton�s and Eagle Rare are some of the best, but any bourbon is better than no bourbon and more is better than less. grin

Chet

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Tennessee whiskey can't be bourbon

A particular Tennessee whiskey may not be Bourbon, but Bourbon can come from Tennessee.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
not any Bourbon I'd drink.

Sam......

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That's a different question. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
several years ago i "acquired", for a lack of a better word, a bottle of Bullet Bourbon, and loved it, to the last drop, and I have never seen it again.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old Weller 107 is my drink of choice. All the guys in camp have switched over too! TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I have drank every Bourbon mentioned here, and still like Gentleman Jack or JD Single Barrel as good as any.

I used to like Maker's quite a bit. Then I decided Buffalo Trace was better. Now I'm back to Gentleman Jack........

uhhhhh, Gentleman Jack and Jack Daniels are NOT Bourbon. Just saying............

Technically, that is true. You are correct. But, I will say some Tennessee whiskeys taste more like bourbon than some "bourbons", IMO.

I forgot about Bulleit. Drank some, thought it was decent. Kinda had some vanilla type overtones to it. I think BT is better. I have not had Woodford in a very long time now. All I remember is that I liked it. Time for a bottle. Maybe this weekend........

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,357
Posts18,468,926
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.