Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
got new mini 14 shoots good ,but it shoots 5 in to the left at50 yards and 8 in. left at 100yards, got rear sight adj. all the way to the right ,it centers the shot. but dont really like rear sight that far over. looked gun over, found only one thing the crown is cut about a 1/3 deeper on the left side compared to the right. could that make it shoot that far to the left?am sureruger would recrown it if sent back, but dont really like shipping guns ,if dont have to .so do you think if recrown the barrel would it center the shot?

NRA Life Member
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
call Ruger and talk to them. Sounds like you may have a candidate for a new barrel.

Sam......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Actually this is very common on the new and un-improved Mini. Some have fixed this problem by loosening the gas block screws, torquing them to 36 inch pounds with equal spacing between halves. Others have had to send it back to Ruger for rear site replacement.
You can go here to learn more about what makes the Mini tick.
http://charlie6.org/c6forum/viewforum.php?f=6

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
ruger is really good on customer service. Some say because they have to utilize it often enough. grins.

If they'd have copied the M14 CORRECTLY, you could have moved the front sight over via set screw like on the combat gun, but once again as brilliant as Bill Ruger was, he was also that ignorant at times.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rost495
ruger is really good on customer service. Some say because they have to utilize it often enough. grins.

If they'd have copied the M14 CORRECTLY, you could have moved the front sight over via set screw like on the combat gun, but once again as brilliant as Bill Ruger was, he was also that ignorant at times.

Good one!

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
there is a lot of info over at Perfect Union forum as well.

Sam......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
there is a lot of info over at Perfect Union forum as well.

Yes, but most of the old "Tip & Tricks" data has been removed by the new owner. Many of the Mini lovers that produced much of this data have left or have been banned from the PU and moved on to Charlie6.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
When I say the title to this thread I thought, "Well, at least it's hitting..."

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
don't mess with it yourself, first send it back to Ruger and tell them to fix it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jimmyp
don't mess with it yourself, first send it back to Ruger and tell them to fix it.

I'm sorry, but some funny sheet right there! Have Ruger fix it. Good one!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got my first Mini-14 in 1977, and shot them for 17 years as a Peace Officer. I have many, many, OK too many guns, and, you guessed it. I have no desire to own a Mini-14.

Trade it for a Kel-Tec, or an AR.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by steve4102

Why do you think its funny?

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you would get a lot closer to getting your rifle fixed by calling Ruger than listening to most of the ignorant replies on this forum.

Terry

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by steve4102

Why do you think its funny?

Ruger May, I said "may" be able and willing to repair the rear site, but they will NOT repair, straighten, properly align and torque the gas block and screws. A properly adjusted gas block is a must for any kind of acceptable accuracy out of a Mini. As a mater of fact the gas block screws used to be staked so they could NOT be adjusted correctly.

Last edited by steve4102; 10/31/11.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rem shooter
got new mini 14 shoots good ,but it shoots 5 in to the left at50 yards and 8 in. left at 100yards, got rear sight adj. all the way to the right ,it centers the shot. but dont really like rear sight that far over. looked gun over, found only one thing the crown is cut about a 1/3 deeper on the left side compared to the right. could that make it shoot that far to the left?am sureruger would recrown it if sent back, but dont really like shipping guns ,if dont have to .so do you think if recrown the barrel would it center the shot?

Yep, I think recrowning the barrel would correct your problem. I've seen an uneven crown throw shots way off more than once and a recrown straighten it out.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Retorque, then recrown. See if the first fixes it.

If too cheap to do either, you could bend the front sight slightly to the side.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shoot more to the right. LOL I won't fool with it go get another one and wrap that screwed up one around the sales person's head.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I won't argue with you because I have no idea who you are or what your background is. However I would have assumed that Ruger would make it good if the rifle rear sight was drifted all the way to one side and it was still shooting off. My experience with Ruger has been generally good, they seem to be a stand up company, for instance they gave me my money back on a 358Win when we both agreed the headspace was cut incorrectly. Well I agreed mostly but they paid.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Maybe you better talk to Ruger before you start tinkering, so should the tinkering not help, they will still honor the warrantee.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good advice.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

414 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 1,934 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,726
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.