Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mosby Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Words cannot even begin to describe my disgust for this latest turn of events. From those of us who have followed this story it should not come as a surprise. Since even before it was revealed that guns sold as part of Fast and Furious were found at the scene of the shooting, the circumstances surrounding what happened have always seemed dubious at best. Conflicting reports of suspects in custody, suspects quickly cleared and deported to Mexico, agents armed with beanbag guns against coyotes with Ak's, links to Fast and Furious and now this. I am thinking this administration will stop at nothing to try and keep this as quiet as possible.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/...d-federal-court.html

Brian Terry case sealed in federal court

by Dennis Wagner - Nov. 12, 2011 12:29 AM
The Arizona Republic
The case of the people accused of killing U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry is completely sealed in federal court, so Americans cannot learn how justice is being conducted in a matter with intense public interest and serious political implications.

"Yes, the case is sealed," Debra Hartman, spokeswoman from the U.S. Attorney's Office in San Diego, said in an e-mail.

When a case is sealed, the public and the media cannot see evidence, hear testimony or learn about court rulings and arguments.

Terry and members of his tactical unit got into a midnight shootout on Dec. 14 with a group of suspected banditos near Rio Rico. Terry died. A suspect named Manuel Osorio-Arellanes, who suffered a gunshot wound, was arrested at the scene.

Here is what has been made public to date:

Osorio-Arellanes was charged initially with illegal entry in a case that is published on PACER, an online database of federal court filings. But that case was terminated when Osorio-Arellanes and several unidentified co-defendants were secretly indicted April 20 for murder by a federal grand jury.

Three weeks later, a judge temporarily unsealed the indictment, which lists co-defendants whose names were blacked out because they had not been apprehended. Since then, the entire case has been invisible. A clerk at the federal court in Tucson confirmed that the file is sealed, including the judge's reason for closing it. Even the docket is hidden from public view, so a search for U.S. vs. Osorio-Arellanes turns up no record of the homicide prosecution.

Peter Scheer, a lawyer-journalist who is executive director at the non-profit First Amendment Coalition for open government, said blacking out a high-profile case is an "extraordinary step" that pre-empts the public's right to monitor America's legal system.

"The risks of abuse are very high," he said.

GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our "leaders" are above the law. It just doesn't apply to them.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
So this is the transparent administration. Gotta go puke now.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The enemy is us...

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, as Hunter1960 would say, "It's just business as usual, might as well get used to it. What kind of experience do you have in this sort of thing, anyway? You think this is all just fun and games? We got a job to do out here. We're trained and qualified. What are your qualifications? What have you been doing at the local level? Or are you just another copy/paste, bitch and whiner? You going to do something about this or just complain on the internet?" (as he spit-shines his rusty tin badge and admires the framed military discharge paper on his trophy wall...)

I've been telling people since I was a kid in high school, over 30 years ago, that the US Government is NOT your friend and is NOT on your side.

I think that is finally starting to soak in, from sea to shining sea. And I thank God for it, too.

Fasten your seat belts, boys and girls. The ride is fixin' to take some interesting turns and whoopty-doos..... not to mention a few corkscrews.

Last edited by Archerhunter; 11/12/11.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by krp
The enemy is us...

Kent

Well at least our govt... not us.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can think of some legitimate reasons for a case like the Terry case to be sealed, but in this situation, with the Fast and Furious connection and the scandal about the ICE agents being sent out with beanbags, I think a cover-up is the most likely reason the case was sealed.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by krp
The enemy is us...

This

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
+1 Epic cover-up.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well, as Hunter1960 would say, "It's just business as usual, might as well get used to it. What kind of experience do you have in this sort of thing, anyway? You think this is all just fun and games? We got a job to do out here. We're trained and qualified. What are your qualifications? What have you been doing at the local level? Or are you just another copy/paste, bitch and whiner? You going to do something about this or just complain on the internet?" (as he spit-shines his rusty tin badge and admires the framed military discharge paper on his trophy wall...)

I've been telling people since I was a kid in high school, over 30 years ago, that the US Government is NOT your friend and is NOT on your side.

I think that is finally starting to soak in, from sea to shining sea. And I thank God for it, too.

Fasten your seat belts, boys and girls. The ride is fixin' to take some interesting turns and whoopty-doos..... not to mention a few corkscrews.

That's a nice blanket statement. But there is the possibility that some federal agents may be just as (if not more) enraged as you are.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I"m sure you're right, Travis.
Well, almost. I'll agree to equally as outraged. There's lots and lots of us...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Election year coming up , they must protect Obama and his band of crooks.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did any of you fine fellows catch "Best of Lou Dobbs" this weekend Yet ?

Texas Sate Attorney General, Greg Abbot, addressed the situation on their border, and the Fed's "Don't Get it" approaches,.....

OPENLY, CANDIDLY, and CLEARLY went on record that the ONLY thing "Keeping a Lid on" , for the locals, Residents, and Ranchers was THE AMERICAN SECOND AMENDMENT,.....and that without, they'd have already been over run.

The phrase "Outmanned / Outgunned came up REPEATEDLY.

I LIKE that fellow, I like him a LOT.

This can't end well,......

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am heartbroken after reading the thread. The nerve of this admonistration to hide the truth is mond boggling and down right treason in my mind. While many of us are willing to die to defend this country the executive branch is fighting against the American people that love this country. it is down right sad!

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yet another in a line of many reasons, that give me pause to wonder why one would stoop so low at this point in our nation's history to become one of "THEM". Why on earth would anyone voulnteer or continue to serve the squoundrels? Every Federal Emmployee...Every Military Personnel...Every Thinking Person would and should NOT be a party to this destruction of the USofA. With each day of service, "THEY" are aiding and abetting the administration of destroying us from inside ourselves. When will they learn?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The establishment needs to be taken down and taken down hard.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Travis is DEAD RIGHT, a chitload of serving and retired types I hang with a bit are all INFURIATED, per his observation.

I don't think this thing is going to stay "Sealed"

Buckle up yer' leggings, and rosin up yer' ropes,

"The ride is fixin' to take some interesting turns and whoopty-doos..... not to mention a few corkscrews." Dittos.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You keep working and paying my DOD Ret. and other bennies, i thank you for it.

The fact is, that most people aren't going to do squat to overthrow or fight against the Govt. The majority here are so darn afraid of losing their gun rights, that they won't dare take on the Govt. in a violent manner using a weapon. The fear of catching a felony has the majority here scared to death.

It's funny that old hippies and liberals are protesting some of the issues of big Govt. and big business. But where are the conservative groups? They're too darn scared to stand up and take the risk of catching an arrest for their beliefs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell me Eric and barry don't know how to shop judges.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Tell me Eric and barry don't know how to shop judges.

They very much do, they're in that business. Heck, i see cases all the time in state court, that the accused & Atty's try to get heard by one Judge over another. So it happens in state courts as well as in Fed. Crts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

354 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 31 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,449
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.