Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
The hammer that is;

Last night while watching a Documentary on Jim Thorpe on one of the PBS stations, I Busted up laughing over an incident being described by one of Thorpe's Sons... describing where during his later years working as one of the Indians on the movie set of Errol Flynn's "They Died With Their Boots On" Thorpe supposedly picked up a 12 pound sledge hammer by the tip of the handle with one hand and slowly raised it up over his head and slowly bringing it down to the bridge of his nose, then again slowly raising it back up and lowering it back down to the ground.

Flynn I guess feeling the lesser of the two men, seeing this stated that anyone could do it, and on his attempt liked to busted his fore head putting a pretty good size knot on his noggin... grin

And on another occasion still on the same set, while Thorpe and his buddy's were out drinking, Flynn comes in and takes a swing at Thorpe and completely misses! Thorpe supposedly hauls off and knocks Flynn out cold, then bends down over him and says "Custer is still full of crap"! grin

Never much cared for Errol Flynn as an actor anyway, but this brought back memory's of some of the old actors escapades, such as with John Wayne and Ward Bond.

Thought it was great, and the documentary was even better than the movie!

Phil

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have seen photos of some of the old time strongmen doing that sledge hammer trick.

They were something else in those days...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

704 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 3,082 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,483
Posts18,451,903
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.