Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
that I'll not do again.

Two days back a neighbor called and told me the charge was stuck in his T/C Triumph ML. He said it had been loaded for a couple of weeks.

My hammer and his rod dislodged the charge without getting aggressive. He swore the gun had been clean when he loaded it. Not a snowball's chance in Hell. Thing had not been cleaned since his sight in back late September.

He shoots Pyrodex pellets and admitted in a round about way that he had been using Hoppes to clean it. Question I put to him was when? Never saw such filth in a barrel in my life.

Soapy water, patches, Kroil, bronze brush, soapy water, patches, oil, patches. The rust that came out of that thing would gag ya. frown

End of the day, light to moderate pitting forward of the breech plug for about 2-3" and the rest cleaned up OK. Gun is just over a year old...

First and last time for me doin' that. No excuse for crap like that, even if it is an inline.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
No excuse for crap like that

sick

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Just an observation. It seems that if you're gonna shoot muzzleloaders you have to get serious about it and forget what you know about breechloaders.So many treat their frontstuffers like their regular rifles and we know what that leads to...There's too many things that are different about muzzleloaders, things like CLEANING, loading, shooting technique ( if your trigger and breath control, grip consistency and bench technique suck, NOTHING will show it better than a muzzleloader).Muzzleloading , inline or traditional, is a whole different world. i think its a better one!

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
We can only imagine the ceaseless care required of their blackpowder arms by all the generations before us!

I have read that Wild Bill Hickock cleaned and cared for his blackpowder revolvers daily.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Double30
Just an observation. It seems that if you're gonna shoot muzzleloaders you have to get serious about it and forget what you know about breechloaders.So many treat their frontstuffers like their regular rifles and we know what that leads to...There's too many things that are different about muzzleloaders, things like CLEANING, loading, shooting technique ( if your trigger and breath control, grip consistency and bench technique suck, NOTHING will show it better than a muzzleloader).Muzzleloading , inline or traditional, is a whole different world. i think its a better one!

+100

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by IdahoElkHunter
We can only imagine the ceaseless care required of their blackpowder arms by all the generations before us!

I have read that Wild Bill Hickock cleaned and cared for his blackpowder revolvers daily.

There is that perception. Unfortunately for many, they never realize how misinformed that perception really is.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you shoulda just hit him in the mouth because a triumph is about as easy as it gets to clean.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
n thats why is shoot smokeless at 2800+fps.....lol..... i always clean my rifle but if ya dont right away.this is avoided!!!!

Last edited by nwtflogan; 11/19/11.

start em young!!!!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Take away all his guns, and tell him to take up golf.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by srwshooter
you shoulda just hit him in the mouth because a triumph is about as easy as it gets to clean.

Correct on the second point and a good suggestion on the first. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (444Matt, 450yukon, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 23 invisible), 1,875 guests, and 889 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,371
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.