Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#5882109 12/04/11
P
Petro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Would you shoot him? If you're on private land and you see bigfoot, would you shoot him. Presumably, he's not defined as a game animal, so you wouldn't need a tag. Legally, I think you'd be okay, but there is the chance that it is someone trying to make a joke.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd shoot him. If I got in trouble for it, I'd just say I thought it was Rosie O'donnell.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'd shoot him. If I got in trouble for it, I'd just say I thought it was Rosie O'donnell.

Bigfoots just ain't that butt ugly.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah, but they sound the same when they're eatin.'

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I live close to where these things allegedly have been seen so have asked myself this question just in case. The answer I get is heck YEAH I would shoot it! In a flash with no more pre thought given. Usually have a really big gun in hand so I have no doubt as to the outcome of the event. Bigfoot = dead. Me= rich and famous, doin interviews all over the Television.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Didn't Columbia Sportswear offer a Bigfoot Parka and Pants a while back?

That would be going through my mind.......

..... as I pulled the trigger.

P
Petro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I hunt mainly in OK, which has a disproportionate amount of Bigfoot sightings. I ever see Bigfoot, I'm taking the shot.

ETA: I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Last edited by Petro; 12/04/11.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
With my luck I'd shoot and miss. Then I'd have the same evidence of a sighting as the other nut jobs on the Discovery Channel.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Went bear baiting with a friend and his dad this last spring. During one of the trips, it came up that the dad was a serious prankster. One of his pranks was that he had an incredibly life like Gorilla suit that he would scare people with, including his son way back in the day.

As my friend had never suitably gotten him back, I suggested we kipe the suit, smuggle it into the bait station when the dad wasn't along, and then let the son get recorded on the game can wearing the suit.

Unfortunately, it never worked out.

Or maybe fortunately.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live in the middle of Bigfoot country, when ever I go somewhere I have to drive through BF habitat and everytime I hope one crosses the road or I see one while out calling preds. Unless my life depended on it I'd leave it go and for the rest of my life, I'd Know They Exist. They don't seem to be overly aggressive or wreak havoc on the local game populations.

erich

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Interesting that there has never been an in focus picture of bigfoot nor a sighting during an open bear season. I told one of the infamous bigfoot hunters of the Northwest that I would indeed shoot a bigfoot if I saw one. He seemed a bit put out with that idea. He argued that such a rare and unique creature should never be killed. I countered that the harvesting of one bigfoot would be invaluable to the scientific community, at least until they got the ape suit off in autopsy. laugh

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, since there has been no concrete evidence that bigfoot actually exists, you'd have to realize you were probably shooting at a man in a suit or fur coat, or a bear you couldn't positively identify as to species.

I was taught to not shoot unless I could positively identify my target.

I'd hate to shoot Uncle Jake in his gorilla suit and have to explain myself.

Last edited by 300_savage; 12/04/11.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ummm, that was something we talked about in excessive detail. Without going into great detail, let's just say that we had a Task Hazard Analysis worked out to minimize the risk. Said friend is a safety engineer!

smile

I definitely would not advocate running around the woods in say, WA, during hunting season wearing a gorilla suit. Even I am not that crazy!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Over in Russia they are getting ready to do a big yeti hunting expedition. Seriously.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bigfoot is a myth...

[Linked Image]

It's about a size 9.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. If I don't reply further, I'm satisfied with my side of the "debate."
[Linked Image]
...nuff said.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take a close look at what Bigfoot has in his hand and then tell me there ain't no such thang.

[Linked Image]

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Which bullet is good for a Bigfoot? Im thinkin a TTSX...

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If I ever see big foot yeti or any other of those monsters I will shoot until I have no more ammo. so if thry are not real they better stay away from me, remember I am allowed to protect myself. eek

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If Uncle Jake is STUPID enough to be in the woods in a monkey suit during gun season...... Just sayin..

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

585 members (22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 2500HD, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,279
Posts18,448,505
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.