Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by tack
IMO; If you don't keep an accurate record of groups, loads and rounds fired would indicate to me a person is more interested in selling the rifle than he is in perfecting its performance.
Keeping load notes versus recording every round ever fired -- which is a horseshit task at best -- are two vastly different items.

I record velocities, group size, ambient conditions, and other particulars related to a specific load. These are examples of valuable data that can be used for performance improvement. Recording every single round fired is just about as useful as picking peanuts out of poop.
A "buyer" asking that question is nothing but a tire-kicker.

Tell it Brick-man!!

Should I be worried if I find myself agreeing with Bricktop??? smile

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I have been reloading for maybe 40 years. I have a ledger going back those many years. Here are the headings in that ledger: Date, Cartridge, Gun, Brass, Powder Weight, Powder Type, Primer, Bullet Weight, Bullet Type, Total Rounds Loaded, Comments.

It is a simple matter to total the number of rounds loaded for any one firearm, subtract the number of rounds on hand thus arriving at number of rounds fired.

I thought all serious handloaders kept the same meticulous records. Am I wrong? Have I been wasting my time all these years?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
I have been reloading for maybe 40 years.
And it's a shame you haven't yet learned much.

It is a simple matter to total the number of rounds loaded for any one firearm, subtract the number of rounds on hand thus arriving at number of rounds fired.
You're very likely spending more time worrying about Mickey Mouse bullshit -- like that -- than actually shooting or handloading.

I thought all serious handloaders kept the same meticulous records. Am I wrong? Have I been wasting my time all these years?
Serious handloaders keep worthwhile records. The nonsense to which you're referring is hardly worthwhile.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
To the OP:

Please just start a new thread; this one has been invaded.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
To the OP:

Quit crying. It's staying bumped.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have been reloading for maybe 40 years.
And it's a shame you haven't yet learned much.

You're very likely spending more time worrying about Mickey Mouse bullshit -- like that -- than actually shooting or handloading.

Serious handloaders keep worthwhile records. The nonsense to which you're referring is hardly worthwhile.

It takes maybe 30 seconds to enter that information in my ledger. Could you please point out what part of that info is NOT important?

This information is very helpful when reloading for a rifle I haven't used for awhile. All re-loaders record all this info at least once on the container of reloaded rounds.

Are there any here who load their own and do not record most, if not all, of this info and keep it for reference? I would truly like to know.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It takes maybe 30 seconds to enter that information in my ledger.
Bullshit.

Could you please point out what part of that info is NOT important?
Could you please point out what part of that "info" IS important? Pressure, high velocity, low velocity, average velocity, standard deviation, number of shots in a string, group size, and ambient conditions are important. A running count of rounds run through the life of a barrel is just f*cking ignorantly superfluous HORSESHIT outside of competitive circles. And tire-kicking morons.

This information is very helpful when reloading for a rifle I haven't used for awhile.
How in the f*ck is a total running count of total rounds fired useful in that regard? Is that like pissing when you're wearing a dark suit sort of "logic?" Keeps you warm and no one notices?

All re-loaders record all this info at least once on the container of reloaded rounds.
Uh, no they don't. I record what I fire over a chronograph and I don't worry about the rest. That's what most -- in your parlance -- "re-loaders" do.

Are there any here who load their own and do not record most, if not all, of this info and keep it for reference? I would truly like to know.
Most do NOT waste their time on that sort of inane horseshit.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
To the OP:

Yeah.

Shame a beautiful gun in a wonderful caliber is shat upon by the standard transfer BS. Wish I had the buckage. I need another 30-06.

Not that I don't like the witless bantering conversation, but c'mon, this guy just wants to sell my gun.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

..and when you get all that information are you telling me it is not important to know what powder, weight of powder, bullet, weight of bullet, primer, brass etc. produced that information?

If you have not recorded that info how do you duplicate a load? You just memorize it all, right?

I refuse to believe that any serious handloader does not record and keep this information as I do. Any one else care to sound off on this?

www.paracay.com

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any one else care to sound off on this?

Sure, as long as you start a dedicated thread for it....

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
..and when you get all that information are you telling me it is not important to know what powder, weight of powder, bullet, weight of bullet, primer, brass etc. produced that information?

If you have not recorded that info how do you duplicate a load? You just memorize it all, right?

I refuse to believe that any serious handloader does not record and keep this information as I do. Any one else care to sound off on this?
Where in the f*ck did I state I don't record load data, [bleep]? WHERE IN THE F*CK DID I STATE THAT? HUH?!!!

The core of the argument which has now gone WAYYYYYYY the f*ck over your head is no one -- and I mean NO ONE -- keeps a running f*cking tally of every f*cking round run through their gun like miles on an odometer or hours operated and anyone asking for that has their f*cking head up their ass. Like you.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Perhaps you are seriously impaired in the reading comprehension department.

I suggest you re-read my posts or have your mother read them for you and explain what I said in simple words someone of your limited intelligence might understand.

when (if) you respond please refrain from using profanity to emphasize your lack of communication skills.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Where in the f*ck did I state I don't record load data, [bleep]? WHERE IN THE F*CK DID I STATE THAT? HUH?!!!

The core of the argument which has now gone WAYYYYYYY the f*ck over your head is no one -- and I mean NO ONE -- keeps a running f*cking tally of every f*cking round run through their gun like miles on an odometer or hours operated and anyone asking for that has their f*cking head up their ass. Like you.

[Linked Image]

Cant get any satisfaction anywhere else, gotta start an argument in some guys add. What A Maroon as Bugsy would say to elmer!

[Linked Image]

Swifty

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Perhaps you are seriously impaired in the reading comprehension department.

I suggest you re-read my posts or have your mother read them for you and explain what I said in simple words someone of your limited intelligence might understand.
I can understand just fine. I can spot someone's BULLSHIT a mile a way.

These are items your dumb, f*cking, ass posted in this thread, are they not?

However, for my centerfire rifles I can assure you I can provide a very accurate round count of every round I have sent down the barrel. This is not at all difficult to do for anyone who, like me, keeps meticulous records of every round loaded and for which rifle it was loaded for.

Those are your posts, are they not? Now that you've realized that you really don't know what in the f*ck you're posting, you're trying to drive the discussion from some kind of horseshit explanation of how you seem to find the time to record every single round fired in a rifle to keeping basic load notes. What a load of horseshit.

when (if) you respond please refrain from using profanity to emphasize your lack of communication skills.
Basic "engrish" doesn't seem to get through to someone as dense as you, does it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swifty52

[Linked Image]

Cant get any satisfaction anywhere else, gotta start an argument in some guys add. What A Maroon as Bugsy would say to elmer!

[Linked Image]

Swifty
Ah, Little Miss [bleep]. You know, my dog was just licking his empty nut sack. It reminded me of you.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Bricky is obviously unstable and obviously in need of medical intervention. He is ether taking too many or too few drugs.

He deserves more pity than scorn.

www.paracay.com

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H

Bricky is obviously unstable and obviously in need of medical intervention. He is ether taking too many or too few drugs.

That may well be true however I am now certain that Bricktop is the reason that God gave me a middle finger..... and the ability to hoist it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Hammer47

That may well be true however I am now certain that Bricktop is the reason that God gave me a middle finger..... and the ability to hoist it.

He is in need of pity, not the single digit, though he might enjoy that more. He has faded.

www.paracay.com

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I'll have to go with Bricktop on this. If you have nothing more to do than record every round ever fired in each and every one of your firearms, then your a) way too anal, and b) have way too much time on your hands.

What the hell difference does it make if the rifle has 20 rounds down the tube or 200, or 1000. It's a rifle, not your family car, with an odometer.
Yes, the load and shot data are important. But round count?
Why? Is it different if it's shot number 22 out of the gun instead of shot number 222? or 2222?

Never much cared for "Spanky" anyway..... after reading his boasting about how much money and property he has; but then seeing he was way too cheap to send unwanted old, old sporting magazines to the troops overseas. And wanted someone else to buy them and for them to pay the shipping.

Guess it was more important to get the money for pens and ledger books to keep an accurate count of each and every round shot. Those kids are only risking their lives and limbs for our benefit. Heck there are priorities.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Great rifle by the way. Wish I had the bucks for it right now.
And hoping the drivel written with the resulting bumps help sell it for you.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (6mmCreedmoor, Akpilot, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,516
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.