24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did the dealer also fit you for a pair of Birkenstocks?

Ha! Just kidding. But I figured that's why you swore you'd never own a Subaru.

GB2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I would probably buy one of these before a Kawasaki Mule or Polaris Ranger, given the price of those things now. Many of them are pushing $10k

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by duckster
I would probably buy one of these before a Kawasaki Mule or Polaris Ranger, given the price of those things now. Many of them are pushing $10k

try upwards of 15k with any options. and this little truck has turn signals, a heater, radio (am only), wipers, and in alot state are street leagal with out any modifications

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bingo! 'Sactly why I've been looking for a Sidekick or Samurai for offroad use on my hunting property, over spending a pile of money on a UTV. The "first two" choices already come with a cab, heater and the extras. At a fraction of the cost of a Ranger, Mule or Rhino.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a little bigger than a Samurai, but I have an '87 Bronco II that's a great little truck. It's highly maneuverable, gets over 20 mpg highway at 70 mph+, and parts can be found anywhere. My brother bought it new and it came to me when he died a couple years ago. It's got over 230k now but still runs great with almost no oil usage at all. It's a little squirrely in high winds but otherwise is very roadworthy.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great little rigs, very scarce in these parts, now. A bud's stepson had a real beauty a few years back. Loaded, V6, 5 spd. in mint condition. Moved to Texas and it didn't last 6 months down there. "Undocumented worker" (no license, insurance) ran a light, totaled the Bronco and put him in the hospital for several weeks.

Original Broncos (1967 versions) are even scarcer. Think I've seen one around here in the past year or so? Tend to see more Scouts on the road here, than Bronco IIs or original Broncs.

Sidekicks, Trackers and Samurais are fairly common and cheap, for a beater.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just the opposite here. There are Bronco II's all over but Trackers, etc. are very rare. I see very few original Bronco models. There's a yellow one running around here that that I've seen a couple times, but they're pretty rare.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Popular Mechanics is saying that they're hearing rumors that Ford is working on a retro of the original Bronco. It remains to be seen if rumor turns out to be true, but it might be a top seller if it's the original with modern power, etc.

If you want an original model now...and if your pockets are very, very deep...here's where to look: REBUILT BRONCO

― George Orwell

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I was looking at these for a while, milling over the ins and outs. I came to the conclusion that they just dont have enough room. When I get out for the day to hunt it looks like Im moving across the pond. I also had to think of the 2 and 7 yrs old that are in tow the majority of the time. So I ended up with an '86 Jeep CJ7 from JPro. Its been a lot of fun. Still limited on space as compared to my GMC 2500 4-dr but the jeep gets me in tight places the tank cant turn into. Just my dos centavos. Im looking for a Jeep Scrambler to add to the fleet now. Good luck!

Joseph

Joseph
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I could likely "live" with that little critter. Who can lend me the other $140 grand???

wink

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Popular Mechanics is saying that they're hearing rumors that Ford is working on a retro of the original Bronco. It remains to be seen if rumor turns out to be true, but it might be a top seller if it's the original with modern power, etc.

That would sell, ESPECIALLY if this ecoboost engine isn't a POS. Toyota has done well with the FJ Cruiser

A nondular iron Dana 44 up front would be nice, but if it happens, you know it'll be IFS. Toyota got their IFS dialed in it appears on the FJ, maybe the blue oval boys can keep up.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
maybe the blue oval boys can keep up.

I do like Ford, but I just have to say I dont think they can keep up with toyota. It would be nice if they proved me wrong though.

Steak, It's my favorite vegetable!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The internet rumor is LIVE FRONT AXLE! for the Bronco, built on the new F100 chassis. This will be really hard to resist.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That redo of the Bronco has been a rumor for at least 5 years now and it's yet to appear.

My prediction is it will do as well as the T-bird redo.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't even care much fer Furds, but I think it would do well, if done right? The retro T bird was ugly, overpriced and appealed to a very small market.

Original Broncs would appeal to a wider audience, if done properly. Maybe a few more amenities than the original, but keep pricing at an affordable level and stay close to the original styling and function?

WTH, people are still buying Mini Cooper retros? But they are far better cars than the originals.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by tzone
That redo of the Bronco has been a rumor for at least 5 years now and it's yet to appear.

My prediction is it will do as well as the T-bird redo.

I hope you are wrong but you are probably right.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How many people are really going to take a $35-45K vehicle off roading? My guess is not many. It will appeal to a few, me included, but I'd rather spend $10K on a gen I Bronco and have fun with it.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've seen a few of those $10k rigs with another 30 to 40K worth of work done on them. It can be cheaper to just take a new one out and beat it up. grin

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's the spirit!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,350 guests, and 683 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,869
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.