-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My daughter owns the exact same gun and caliber in the youth model. Gun shoots lights out and I would highly recommend it to anybody.

She is right handed, but left eye dominant.

Sorry to hear of your injury but am glad to see that you are still able to enjoy the great outdoors. grin

Last edited by 99guy; 12/22/11.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Job well done on those deers fellas!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I got one of those model 11's in 223 also, I had a whole bunch of 223 ammo and nothing to make it go bang in ,then i bought the 11 and she shoots under 1" at 100 yards no problem. Nice deer, nice little rifle. Don

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'll bet you don't regret buying that Model 11 Loggah, and you will probably get more .223 ammo when that supply is used up.
I've only had mine for a couple of years, but I've shot everything from crows and woodchucks to a fox and a coyote - and now a nice buck.
I've nicknamed it "The Terminator".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CaneSlinger
Mad Dog
Our camp is in the southern part of WMU 56, not far from Norland.
My cousin owns the property and he has one of the biggest maple syrup operations in the area.

I'm a 45 boy, sap flowing everywhere on the island in the spring and I've got 100 acres of it. It's gotten to the point now that I gotta pick turkey over syrup, no time for both. Still got all my gear though. Maybe I'll make a few gallons this spring. Funny, the guy that bought the 100 acres right beside me last year is from Minden. With bucks like that around his house I'm kinda wondering why he bought the lot nextdoor to me?????

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe he prefers quantity over quality. The numbers here are down quite a bit from what they were five years ago. We had two really bad winters in a row and the deer and turkey numbers dropped but they seem to be on the rebound again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We've had two real good winters but the coyotes and timber wolves are dropping the numbers real bad. I think it's time to take the caller and a certain 99C in 22-250 for a walk.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Family up in the woods in Minnesota says the wolves are doing a number on the population. Read this morning that they are finally removing them from the endangered list in the northern states. They were pretty thick when I grew up. Lots of them were hunted for the bounty in the good ol' days.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Nice bucks boys! glad ya posted pics, LBK, that is one of the Stithfield Proto types, Im field testing them!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TomT
I got this little fork horn with my bobbed barrel 99EG in .358 Winchester in Schoharie County NY on Dec. 3rd. He was chasing
3 does, and as you can imagine, 16 hooves made a LOT of racket coming in on my tree stand. I also took a spike last weekend with my CVA .50 cal. Muzzleloader while still hunting, but I didn't have a camera.

[Linked Image]

Congratulations Tom. I love Schoharie County. My son went to college at SUNY Cobleskill and we used to spend a great deal of time hunting that area. I miss it.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by mad_dog
We've had two real good winters but the coyotes and timber wolves are dropping the numbers real bad. I think it's time to take the caller and a certain 99C in 22-250 for a walk.

Why we shoot coyoyes. I had a sequence of 11 photos taken by a trail camera to show why, but that darn Photobucket has become as contrary as some women I've known. Here is one of them eating a buck alive after downing him. Hope the photo works.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Kojac
Originally Posted by mad_dog

Why we shoot coyoyes. I had a sequence of 11 photos taken by a trail camera to show why, but that darn Photobucket has become as contrary as some women I've known. Here is one of them eating a buck alive after downing him. Hope the photo works.

[Linked Image]

Better photo

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My buddy here in Oregon just sent me those photo's a few days ago. Did they originate with you? This is why I actually enjoy killing coyotes, as many as I can call in.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
holy crap, that is a nice buck too boot... I would think he could defind himself with that rack against those skinny yotes...

Andrew
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
lovenmy99 iv got more pic of this on my phone. i thought same thing on that big rack. it looks like to me this deer was SHOT in its butt thats y this big guy went down so easy.

SAVAGE TTT
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 99tguy
lovenmy99 iv got more pic of this on my phone. i thought same thing on that big rack. it looks like to me this deer was SHOT in its butt thats y this big guy went down so easy.

I got them from afriend via email. No mention of origin.

The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.

We should have picked our own cotton.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've seen the long sequence of what I think is the same photos. They ham string that buck in the beginning, effevely taking out its' back legs before starting to eat it alive. Here is the post. Get ready to hate coyotes.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5885897/1

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
thanks ROMAC that shows it alot better than my phone. IAM READY TO HATE COYOTES. Hunt last tuesday cuba ny thats all i seen is coyote tracks.

SAVAGE TTT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yup, these circulated a while back. I agree with 99tguy; the buck appeared to have an injury on its hind-quarter when it first showed up, maybe from a bullet, arrow, car collision, etc.

Don't get me wrong; I don't like the little bastids either, but in this case it looked to me that this coyote is just doing what coyotes do for a living.

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Those are some crazy trail cam pics! Knowing how nimble/fast Whitetail are, it's amazing even a group of Coyote could bring a big one down. Admittedly, I just looked at pics, maybe it was wounded? I have too much Holiday prep. to do to "pull a stool up" and hang at the Campfire today.
But....... Best wishes for a HAPPY HOLiDAY to all at the 24hrCF.

Steve, so sorry for the late reply, but work was really kicking my but this week, lots of last minute "emergencies" before the Holiday break.
Thanks for the congrats! While no trophies, I had a very enjoyable hunting season, and for a "city" kid, I got to spend more time in the woods with bow, rifle and muzzleloader than any prior that I can recall.
I wish you Nan and the rest of your family a Happy Holiday, and only the best in 2012.

Rory, thanks to you too for the kind words. His tenderloins were on a skillet with butter and onions soon after he was hung up in the garage, and your right, he tasted good! :-).
Happy Holidays to you!

-TomT.

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.