-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If i had to use it to hunt with i wouldn't have one of the right hand version if someone gave it to me.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got tired of waiting and bought a righthand 223. If they come out with a lefty 223, I'll have another. Not holding my breath as finding righthand versions is hard enough.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I own quite a few left handed rifles. None of them are Kimbers, new Winchesters, new Sako's. I guess it depends on what your break even quota would be to justify the tooling, but I'd probably be in the market for all of those if they made them. I think they're missing out on sales.

Mike

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday - John Wayne
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
They have to know what sales they're missing out on?!?!??? Id love to have a LH new featherweight or Montana in. 270 ......

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only thing we can do is call Winchester, or Kimber, periodically and pester the hell out of them, I do it...

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'd love a new Kimber or a short action LH Winchester. Would be a left hand guys dream to be able to walk into a gun dealer and order a new lefty, 7x57 or .257 Rob. I guess you can if you want to shell out $3500.00 or so.

Mike

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday - John Wayne
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Kimber advertised that LH rifle years ago. I gave up waiting after ordering one, and got a Savage. Since then, I've bought two other LH bolt guns, including a Weatherby.

I guess they don't need my money. So be it.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by kcm270
Kimber advertised that LH rifle years ago. I gave up waiting after ordering one, and got a Savage. Since then, I've bought two other LH bolt guns, including a Weatherby.

I guess they don't need my money. So be it.

Which Weatherby model did you get? I have an older LH German .257 and I love the gun. I'm thinking of getting a LH Ultralight in .257 but have been looking around for an opinion from an owner.

Mike

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Kimber can't keep up with the demand for the right-handed models as it is, or production is really slow that way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bauer
Kimber has been up front from the beginning that they have no intention of building LH rifles.Considering that Forbes averages 20% LH rifles,I can't say that I blame Kimber.

Well, the LH version is on their CAD... just never made.

Their former Chief Design Engineer is a South Paw and even he couldn't make it happen.

Maybe some day but I wouldn't hold my breath... too bad.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That is too bad, as for some reason I feel for left handed people. Hardly nothing is made for them.

My Daughter is left handed. She would like a nice rifle (Kimber)84 Montana and paint the stock pink. <g> girls...

Have a good New Year..

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Hard to believe any business would pass on a 20 percent slice of a market.....

Yup. I know they'd sell a handful of LH Montanas to me alone...

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

That is too bad, as for some reason I feel for left handed people. Hardly nothing is made for them.

My Daughter is left handed. She would like a nice rifle (Kimber)84 Montana and paint the stock pink. <g> girls...

Have a good New Year..

I'll bet the pink LH Montana would be the most leathal gun in deer camp. My buddies wives always seem to bag the best bucks with their shinny guns now.

Mike

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
All you gotta do is ask Sammer wink :

[Linked Image]

I've been staring at that for at least 2 minutes wondering what in the hell?

Shadow is on the wrong side of the stump....

grin

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Big Iron, it is a 270 Wby LH sporter, with a Zeiss 3x9x36 Diavari.

$800 on the rack used with two boxes of factory ammo.

And it shoots well...love the darn thing. Just need a hunting season to make it work.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Big Iron, it is a 270 Wby LH sporter, with a Zeiss 3x9x36 Diavari.

$800 on the rack used with two boxes of factory ammo.

And it shoots well...love the darn thing. Just need a hunting season to make it work.

Sounds like great deal. Nice caliber and great gun. I know exactly what you mean about hunting season. Deer seasons over, I got a bear about a month ago. I can hunt pigs, but its only been a few weeks and I'm going nuts already.

Mike

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Pigs are fun, I'd hunt them every day if I could. And I can see buying a Ruger for a friend who was starting to hunt.....not everyone is a rifle crank like many of us here. Congrats on the bear...send some meat to Colorado. smile

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Pigs are fun, I'd hunt them every day if I could. And I can see buying a Ruger for a friend who was starting to hunt.....not everyone is a rifle crank like many of us here. Congrats on the bear...send some meat to Colorado. smile

Pigs are fun, but nothing compares to deer hunting in my book. You wouldn't believe how good the bear chops are. I was really surprised. I really do think the 20" barrel on the RCM is going to make for a really handy gun.

Mike

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
LH Mauser deal going down on AR in the Lefties forum.

The way life should be.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
AR15.com?

Mike

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 358WCF, 673, 13 invisible), 1,577 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,658
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.