Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Border Doc

Hey. . . . .you are equipped for some SASS-style fun, why not go to one of their shoots and get firsthand knowledge of the nature of the sport? They also have plenty of experience with this type of question and tend to be very helpful.

Look up <sassnet.com> and find the local club.

I can't promise miracles, but good people and fun times with a gun in your hand are more likely when you shoot with friends.

Great point, Border Doc. CAS is the fastest growing shooting sport out there, and for a reason. The CAS crowd is the friendliest and most helpful group anywhere. They'll let you shoot their guns, shoot their ammo, just to see the smile on your face. Hardly ever do you see the cut throat competition in so many other shooting sports, although they do take their performances seriously.

Check on line for a club nearest you and by all means, go. You won't regret it. Don't worry about not having the right duds, the right guns, etc. Just GO! The rest will follow... smile

DF

I'll second that.

Our very own Border Doc and BikerRN have been kind enough to offer to lend their guns to my friend who is coming over to the states for three big shoots later this year.
Neither of these guys know my friend from Adams off Ox but both have very kindly offered to help out a stranger from another land who is a fellow CAS shooter.
You can't ask for better, friendlier and more helpful people than that.

Both of those guys deserve a huge thank you from me and from my friend. I hope one day I will be in a situation where I can help them out in some way in order to repay their kindness.

The original international turd