Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
FVA, what muzzy are you shooting?

GB1

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A Bone Collector. Been using Swiss ffg and some T7 I had left over from 2003.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Oh okay you will really like the bh209 powder in that gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BH209 is the only way to roll.

FVA, keep the breech plug clean on that Triumph - use this link for reference;

http://www.blackhorn209.com/specs/breech-plug-cleaning/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I changed over to BP209 this year from Pyrodex. I love it. It burns clean and shoots really well in my Knight Disc Extreme. I've killed two deer this year using 120 gr (84) of BP209 with 250 gr. Barnes TMZ bullet with CCI 209M primer. I use yellow crush rib Harvester sabots. The Harvester really made the gun shoot great. Before I started using the new sabots, my gun wasn't shooting all that well. Now it shoots great. Try BP209 and I'm willing to bet you'll like it too. Using pellets in an inline really spoils you though. If I didn't fire my inline when using pellets, I'd just remove the breech plug and push the pellets and bullet out the breech. Only bad thing about using loose BP209 is getting it out of the gun when you haven't fired your ML. Firing it is the only way I've found to remove it, and then you have to clean your gun. Would be nice if they started making BP209 in pellet form. Pushing that loose powder out through the breech would really make a mess in your gun. I haven't figured a way (other than shooting it) to get the loose powder out. Once you shoot it, then you need to clean it. If anyone has a good way to get the unfired loose BP209 out,,, I'M LISTENING!!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a CO2 powered thingy (technical term) that blows the powder and bullet out the business end. This is for a TC inline and it works like a charm. TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane

Thanks for the link Skane. I've a 1/8" bit in the cleaning kit already so imagine I should be OK.

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hunter01
I changed over to BP209 this year from Pyrodex. I love it. It burns clean and shoots really well in my Knight Disc Extreme. I've killed two deer this year using 120 gr (84) of BP209 with 250 gr. Barnes TMZ bullet with CCI 209M primer. I use yellow crush rib Harvester sabots. The Harvester really made the gun shoot great. Before I started using the new sabots, my gun wasn't shooting all that well. Now it shoots great. Try BP209 and I'm willing to bet you'll like it too.

I'm using the yellow crush rib Harvester sabots with Barnes 290 gr TMZ. They load well with the Harvestor. With the Barnes supplied sabot a mallet was almost in order.
They shoot good in both my BC and my son's Impact. Hopefully switching to BH 209 won't change anything there while adding a couple hundred fps.

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by travelingman1
I have a CO2 powered thingy (technical term) that blows the powder and bullet out the business end. This is for a TC inline and it works like a charm. TM

Happen to have a link? Sounds like just the thing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey, that sounds like just the ticket for what I need. How hard does it push it out the muzzle? Do you have to do it outdoors? Can you do it into a waste basket?? Tell me more. Wonder if they have something like that for a Knight? What kind of CO2 do you use? I heard that someone had a threaded tube that screws into the breech plug threads, and then you can push the loose powder and bullet out and into that tube. However, I can't find anyone who knows anything about it. That would be just what a guy would need to get that loose powder out without making a mess in his gun.. Thanks for the info.

IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U

WHUT?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PERFECT! Just what I need. I'm ordering one... Thanks!

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I don't find it difficult to unload my Knight by removing the BP and pushing the load out of the breech end. With the rifle upside down, nothing gets into the trigger works. I catch the powder in a bowl and re-use it. I reuse the sabot and bullet too.

Since switching to BH209 (back when I got my hands on my first jug) I have only done it twice.
Most often, the Knight sits in the safe with powder/sabot/bullet in place, ready to go.

That is the beauty of BH209.

No need to make things difficult or buy unnecessary swag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FVA

Thanks for the link Skane. I've a 1/8" bit in the cleaning kit already so imagine I should be OK.

Doh! I forgot to note that the 1/8" noted on the site is too big for the Triumph.

I think I bought a 1/16 - fits perfectly.

WWP53D
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by FVA

Doh! I forgot to note that the 1/8" noted on the site is too big for the Triumph.

I think I bought a 1/16 - fits perfectly.
All T/C flash channels are 1/8 and if you can't fit a 1/8 in the flash channel it means it's plugged with carbon.if that's the case start smaller and step up until you can get the 1/8 bit in it.(Note) spin all the drill bits by hand!once that's done soak the plug and clean all the mess of it. i also run a pipe cleaner in the flash channel after soaking, then blow it out with air.also,no grease on the BP is required when using Bh209.even 777 can plug a flash channel, it just takes a lot longer to do so than BH209 does!

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ummmm, well, I tried it on mine, as well as my dad's Triumph breech. (his is near brand spankin' new)

1/8" DOES NOT fit.

WWP53D
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Ummmm, well, I tried it on mine, as well as my dad's Triumph breech. (his is near brand spankin' new)

1/8" DOES NOT fit.
Are you sure you inserting the drill bit in the correct end of the BP?the bit needs to be inserted in the pocket where the 209 primer sits.if it won't accept a 1/8 bit in that pocket, it's built up with carbon.carbon build up when using BH209, depending on the primer your using can happen with as little as 10 shots..I own a Triumph also..

Last edited by builder; 01/15/12.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Laughing.....Yes. I know which end is which. wink

WWP53D
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Laughing.....Yes. I know which end is which. wink
OK, just checking lol.like i posted earlier it's a 1/8 bit that is needed and if it doesn't fit it's built up with carbon. when that happens you have to start with a bit that fits and work up until the 1/8 does. spin all the bits by hand only.after i clean the carbon out i soak the BP in cleaner and run a pipe cleaner though the flash channel/pocket, clean the threads and blow out the BP with air.i am just trying to help here,if you have any doubts call wetern powders or do a web search..PM me if you feel the need!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
builder,

laugh.....I'd take a pict if I were at home. It's super-clean, you'll have to trust me. If I attempt the 1/8" bit, I'll be buggering metal.

WWP53D
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 10 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,565
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.