Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
several offers Marty...

where you referring to Tom Hart? or Mark Skaggs?

Tom Hart, or Dale Martenia... i work with Dale and see him daily.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
as for an update of ALL Received donations today 1/11/12

I am listing the city and the amount received... I am not listing names as there were folks who wanted to remain anonymous...

Total received today added up to $665.00 and One Lee die set for 35 Whelen...

List:
1 Die Set- Seffner FL
2.$20: Culloden WVa
3. $40 Kittitas WA
4. $50 Wasilla AK
5. $20 Yorktown VA
6. $20 Greensfield MA
7. $20 Benbrook TX
8. $20 Monitorsville? PA ( 17754)
9. $20 Victoria MN
10. $100 Port Arthur TX police dept
11. $50 Heavener OK
12. $40 Longview WA
13. $100 Douglas WY
14. $20 Lake Elmo MN
15. $20 Silver Spring MD
16. $20 Gainesville FL
17. $30 Pt Townsend WA
18. $25 Palo Cedro CA
19. $25 Roswell GA
20. $20 Corvallis OR
21. $25 Eureka CA

I will also try to contact each donor via PM to acknowledge their donation but many did not put any link to their on line handle and their name.... I'll do the best I can, but if I miss someone please forgive me...

I want to thank all that have sent or pledged donations for this project...so guys were generous enough to say that if they project needs more donation to let them know... is that awesome or not...

It is an honor and privilege to be on the same web site as many of you gentlemen.....its an honor being a little piece of this also...

and remember, as soon as I get this one in the works, we are also going to do another vet who has already returned from serving over there.. another forum member...

thanks to all of you gentlemen and God Bless you for supporting this project and supporting our troops...

best regards
john chr.
seafire

Thank you to all of the above!! That's already more than I've ever paid for a rifle.

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Happy Birthday!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Seafire,

If it is not too late I would be honored to kick in $ 25.00. Please provide a mailing address/

Brett Fischer
Oro Valley,AZ

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Is there an address where I can ship a box of the only bullet a Whelen owner will ever need?

IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
send me a PM Tony and I'll give out the address..

thanks

john chr.
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fisch
Seafire,

If it is not too late I would be honored to kick in $ 25.00. Please provide a mailing address/

Brett Fischer
Oro Valley,AZ

Brett just PM Seafire.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Will do.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
1/13/12 update...

received via the mail today:

1 Redfield Revolution 3 x 9 scope with AccuRange from an member who desires to remain anonymous from Alaska..

2. $20 from Zimmerman MN
3. $20 from Fremont Michigan
4. $50 from Reston VA

thanks to one and all...

Going over to pick up the rifle in the next days, when I get a hole in my schedule..

now the hardware part is starting to take shape...its an honor to be the 'control tower' getting this baby off the ground...

best regards
john chr
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Right now I am Flat Broke, Seafire, I think maybe come spring I should be able to swing maybe a box or two of bullets or something. Unemployment is really starting to get on my nerves never mind about going to the hospital twice last week for an infection that took a bit to get a handle on. I have a follow up. So I will know soon enough what my long term heath problems is going to be. Worst come to worst, I send the guy my 338!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
GM:

no worries.. we have had a solid turn out and support per usual from the guys here on the campfire... you take care of the home base first off... this one is covered...

we all can relate to wanting to help others at times in our lives, and there was just nothing there to be able to give..
there is no dishonor or anything to feel guilty about over that..

I am sure many of us taking part in this wish we could do even more...but we are all dealing with ObamaNOmics.. only the guys in Washington don't seem to care.. pretty much anyone else does, because we are being forced to live it..

I know for sure my wallet has seen a lot better days....

just hang in there my friend...Prayers for you and your family that bluer skys and greener pastures are in your near future...

best regards
seafire

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
GM:

no worries.. we have had a solid turn out and support per usual from the guys here on the campfire... you take care of the home base first off... this one is covered...

we all can relate to wanting to help others at times in our lives, and there was just nothing there to be able to give..
there is no dishonor or anything to feel guilty about over that..

I am sure many of us taking part in this wish we could do even more...but we are all dealing with ObamaNOmics.. only the guys in Washington don't seem to care.. pretty much anyone else does, because we are being forced to live it..

I know for sure my wallet has seen a lot better days....

just hang in there my friend...Prayers for you and your family that bluer skys and greener pastures are in your near future...

best regards
seafire

Ditto! Prayers for your finances here too. I've been there before. You hang on to that 338. Worse comes to worse, that'll help ya put meat on the table!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, I'm really getting ready for this now. I just ordered some Norma brass from Grafs and a box of 225 gr. Nosler Partitions from Midway USA. I should have everything I need to start building some loads when I get home on R&R leave.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Matt,

If you haven't reloaded with Norma brass before, you are in for a treat. The quality is superb. When I lose a Norma case in the snow I almost cry if I can't find it.

The funeral for our local EOD sailor was Saturday. There was a huge turnout to show support. Hundreds lined the procession route holding flags. I am proud that so many people are supportive of our troops these days. Sure nothing like I remember in the early '70s, thank God.

I pray for your safety, and the safety of many others, daily. Matt, every time I see your name I am reminded of a Marine pilot that served in the same squadron I used to be in. He was also from Shasta county. He died in a plane crash in Pakistan on Jan. 9, 2002. Ten years and a week ago, now. His name was Capt, Matt Bancroft.

Stay safe, buddy. Semper Fi from an old Marine.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Matt,

If you haven't reloaded with Norma brass before, you are in for a treat. The quality is superb. When I lose a Norma case in the snow I almost cry if I can't find it.

The funeral for our local EOD sailor was Saturday. There was a huge turnout to show support. Hundreds lined the procession route holding flags. I am proud that so many people are supportive of our troops these days. Sure nothing like I remember in the early '70s, thank God.

I pray for your safety, and the safety of many others, daily. Matt, every time I see your name I am reminded of a Marine pilot that served in the same squadron I used to be in. He was also from Shasta county. He died in a plane crash in Pakistan on Jan. 9, 2002. Ten years and a week ago, now. His name was Capt, Matt Bancroft.

Stay safe, buddy. Semper Fi from an old Marine.

Thanks!

It's always sad to hear about a fellow service member passing, but it's the reality of the world we live in, and unfortunately it's a sacrifice that has to be made all too often. God speed to those men!

I haven't used Norma before, but I know it's quality stuff and this is going to be a quality rifle so i decided to go with the best stuff I could find. I figure I had about three choices based on what I could find. 1: Norma brass. 2: Remington brass. 3: make my own from used Winchester 30-06 brass. I decided on the Norma, and I'm sure I'll be pleased with it.

I have the same problem you do with snow - whenever I shoot in the winter, I either stick to old mixed-lot pistol fodder I don't mind losing, or very carefully extract each case in my rifles and shoot only the wheel gun. I hate losing good brass too. Starline makes superb brass as well. I have some starline .460 S&W mag cases that are going on ten loads with no signs of weakening. Most of those have been full-pressure loads too.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
Well, I'm really getting ready for this now. I just ordered some Norma brass from Grafs and a box of 225 gr. Nosler Partitions from Midway USA. I should have everything I need to start building some loads when I get home on R&R leave.

Interested to see how those shoot compared to the 225 gr TSX. wink

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Tony

I'll admit I've never tried the Barnes bullets yet, primarily because I know Noslers work and cost less. If I get better accuracy with the TSX's though, I'll just as happily hunt with them as the Noslers. It might be tough to do though, I've got a .48" 100 yard group with 100 gr. nosler partitions in a Marlin XS7 .243 and a .75" 100 yard group with 180 gr. Nosler partisions in a Marlin XL7 30-06. I'm not a competition shooter, so accuracy any better than that is really not necessary. It's still entirely possible that the 35 Whelen will like the Barnes bullets better though.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tony

I'll admit I've never tried the Barnes bullets yet, primarily because I know Noslers work and cost less. If I get better accuracy with the TSX's though, I'll just as happily hunt with them as the Noslers. It might be tough to do though, I've got a .48" 100 yard group with 100 gr. nosler partitions in a Marlin XS7 .243 and a .75" 100 yard group with 180 gr. Nosler partisions in a Marlin XL7 30-06. I'm not a competition shooter, so accuracy any better than that is really not necessary. It's still entirely possible that the 35 Whelen will like the Barnes bullets better though.

From experience I know the Barnes works exceedingly well, at least on elk and moose. In my Whelen's they are also more accurate. This coming from a Nosler fan. You will get to try the TSX. Let us know how it shoots.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I know, there's a box of them coming with the rifle. They must be from you. wink I'll definitely let everyone know how they shoot. My plan is to start with some "baseline" loads as close to duplicating factory specs as I can to sight in the scope, then shoot groups with three different loads each with both the Noslers and the TSX's. I'll get some pics to share too. I only ordered forty cases, so my loads will be a bit limited until I start finding the rifle's "sweet spot". I got lucky with my Marlin 30-06. I sighted it in the day before my black bear hunt, and I had 8 different loads worked up. I had never fired it before, but one of the 8 loads put three shots into a .75" group and that's what I used on the bear hunt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Them TSX's are some goooood boolits. They have a tendency to leave two holes in anything you shoot allowing for proper ventilation and speed cooling of the carcass.

Last edited by Karnis; 01/19/12.
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
738 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,708 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,624
Posts18,398,651
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.