Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by privatepilot
There is always an assumed inspection period. I am sure everyone who buys something here assumes that when it arrives they have an inspection period. I have assumed and will not anymore.

I found it best to never aSSume anything. I always am very intentional with my descriptions and questions. Just as I was intentionsl with my questions to you in our email conversation. You will not find one individual that I have done wrong on this or any other site. Nor have I been done wrong because I read up on an individual before I seal the deal. Heck, I've even PM'd other about an individual with a low post count just to verify his/her credentials.

Donnie, answer my questions.

Jeff

"Blessed are those who give without remembering and receive without forgetting"
-Elizabeth Bibesco-
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I can post actual pics of Don's rifle with dings in the wood and scuffs on the metal that he never sent to me. I have no problem with that. His rifle is not as he described it.

I am requesting pictures of both, I am interested in seeing them, both, side by side in the same picture(s) to avoid a switcheroo.

I suggest you do so, or be banned. Show your cards.... since you offered

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I have already answered your questions

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What I take away from this thread is who I want on my ignore list. There's reasonable discussion and then there's garbage...

LOL
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
And I agree with you on best not to assume. That was my mistake and I stated that already

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is always an assumed inspection period.
No there isn't.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No you haven't. Do you agree that what I originally posted including the picks is work-for-word from our email conversation?

Yes, let's see the side-by-side pictures. I also have the original pictures of Don's rifle I can post.

Jeff

Donnie, oh Donnie, where for art thou Donnie? Hmmmm. Must have bled to death after trapping himself and having to knawl his foot off to escape.....

Last edited by Longarch; 01/23/12. Reason: Added Donnie, oh Donnie
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Longarch

No you haven't. Do you agree that what I originally posted including the picks is work-for-word from our email conversation?

Yes, let's see the side-by-side pictures. I also have the original pictures of Don's rifle I can post.

Jeff

Donnie, oh Donnie, where for art thou Donnie? Hmmmm. Must have bled to death after trapping himself and having to knawl his foot off to escape.....

First off...

Donnie.... Please answer my question.

Secondly...

Per your last email to me this morning...

Donnie, "You better do some more research then because the rifle Don Higgins sold me is not the rifle you seen pictures of. I will send you pics of both of my stw rifles today. Its amazing how you think you were helping your friend out and actually you just hurt him. Don threatened to sell the rifle to the highest bidder if I shipped it back, so I decided to keep it as my shooter and sell my other. I will send pics of both shortly, and will also forward all of the info to the admin at 24hr. Higgins is a piece of [bleep], who doesn't describe his guns correctly. My rifle is exactly as described, even have the load it shoots if you need to know that."

Here's Don's gun. Please try to explain why the pictures that how I posted earlier supposedly are pics of your gun. Here it is in the FFL shop where it was shipped from.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The rifle had and still has not been cleaned as it was before Don shipped it. I personally inspected the rifle and requested he clean it before he shipped it to you. I'm now glad that he didn't. It has the same butt scuff that you claim your rifle has. Man, you just can't come clean can you.

-Elizabeth Bibesco-
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
[Linked Image]

P
pety221 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Donnie I will say this to u I do not own or have I ever owned two number 1n rivers of the same caliber matter if fact that was the only one I have ever owned n there's more than one person that can relay that fact I am personally a remmy man n always have been as such.
Secondly u sir need to b careful as to who u try running b.s over cause if the person that reading it can read better than u can write it u usually end up stepping in it yourself.
Because of the email u sent stating the fact that my ffl guy had spoke to u that very day happened to b sitting across the counter at the time u sent the email.
The rifle I sent u was n is the very same rifle u were trying to pass to jeff as your rd own personal shooter.
The scuff mark matches n two if u will zoom the pic of the right side of the rifle at the action there is a minor scratch across the face of that part.
Its not hidden n any of the pics.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop
I keep assuming a supermodel is going put me up as a kept man,

BT, might be your lucky day, Seal's previous squeeze seems to have an opening.

We already know her choice in men................

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Freedumb1
Originally Posted by Bricktop
I keep assuming a supermodel is going put me up as a kept man,
BT, might be your lucky day, Seal's previous squeeze seems to have an opening.

We already know her choice in men................
She's used and I can't sing.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I tried having a dealing with Donnie, it was horrible. He is a typical salesmen. His stuff is worth gold and mine was not worth pennies. Little word of advise.
A good salesmen should always tell the truth,that way he doesn't need to remember what he said. smile

P
pety221 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Nope not at all. I assumed three day inspection was part of the transaction and when he told me he already spent the money it pissed me off, that is bs. Like I said, I assumed the three day inspection applied here, that is my fault. I should have specifically asked about the 3-day inspection. Noted!

i told u i had another rifle on the way that the money was needed for .
i never gave u an inspection period of any sort in any email!
u had been looking for something for nothing since the begining of that transaction " wanting brass dies n what not "
n told u that i wasnt giving anything up because the rifle i had ordered was in the same exact caliber .

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I keep seeing Private pilot logged on, but no pictures like he promised to post.

Donnie, put the pictures up like you said you would if someone asked, 2 of us have asked the magic words. Can't be that hard to lay both guns side by side and snap pictures for all to see.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
you gotta be [bleep] me. i fell for it and bought the guy a stock. he said the bolt came loose in shipping and scratched the stock. i honestly assumed it did and bought the guy a new stock. he seemed straight up to me.

i guess i'm naive.

ALSO BEWARE OF "GUNSWIZARD" ...... another guy just like PrivatePilot

All of this sounds exactly like what I came across with another seller on here: who goes by the name "gunswizard"

He called a guy out on here, using his real name and address.... and the guy is not even a member on here, nor did the deal occur on here. He just posted in multiple forums trying to force the guy to give him money. On the claim that..... wait for it..... " the bolt was packed loose and damaged the stock" just like the others said, and also that the stock had been shortened and he could not tell from the photos provided before the sale.

See this post:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...ging_Michael_Frane_Torrance_#Post5407244

I ended up calling the guy and informing him. He stated that the sale did not occur on this forum. That he had sent the buyer "gunswizard" a full account of the rifle and it's condition, that he did NOT ship the rifle with the bolt loose, that the bolt was in the receiver when shipped, and that "gunswizard" never sent him a photo of the damage, but demanded some money be returned to him. Further that "gunswizard" did not want to return the rifle to the seller.

Sounds just like he could be brothers with privatepilot to me.

Last edited by Redbone311; 01/23/12.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Serial #'s - 133-83175 & 133-83742, you can verify the rifles are both ruger stainless/laminated 7mm stws

I am done with this transaction. As pety221 stated above he did not specify a inspection period, and I can not refute that. Once again I assumed a 3 day inspection and I was obviously wrong and when told the money was spent and if I returned the rifle it would be sold to the highest bidder I got pissed off and this got way out of hand. It is what it is. I asked for nothing other then to return the rifle the day it was received, to which the above reply was sent!

I ask if you had any brass to include in the deal, never stated anything about dies. I think a lot of people ask about brass when dealing with guns, I know I have been ask numerous times.

I have had many great transactions and I will have many more. I have learned my lesson and will make sure to clarify an inspection period going forward, and I will certainly not buy anything that doesn't have one. That should have been a red flag for me right there. Once again I assumed all transactions did and I should not have. Lesson learned!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Serial #'s - 133-83175 & 133-83742, you can verify the rifles are both ruger stainless/laminated 7mm stws

I am done with this transaction. As pety221 stated above he did not specify a inspection period, and I can not refute that. Once again I assumed a 3 day inspection and I was obviously wrong and when told the money was spent and if I returned the rifle it would be sold to the highest bidder I got pissed off and this got way out of hand. It is what it is. I asked for nothing other then to return the rifle the day it was received, to which the above reply was sent!

I ask if you had any brass to include in the deal, never stated anything about dies. I think a lot of people ask about brass when dealing with guns, I know I have been ask numerous times.

I have had many great transactions and I will have many more. I have learned my lesson and will make sure to clarify an inspection period going forward, and I will certainly not buy anything that doesn't have one. That should have been a red flag for me right there. Once again I assumed all transactions did and I should not have. Lesson learned!

I don't remember anyone asking for serial #'s. If memory serves me correctly you were asked for side-by-side pictures. I agree that you have made one correct statement, "I have had many great transactions and I will have many more." Most, if not all, of these are sells not purchases on your behalf. Several on here have admitted to supplying you with compensation of some sort following a sale to you. You are a scammer and apparently proud of it. A scammer that can't produce any evidence of a any good on your behalf. Be prepared to see all the emails between you ad Don show up here. I want the world to know just how low of a snake you are.

By the way you never answered my question, "Did the posted email of our conversation state word-for-word the entire conversation?"

Jeff

-Elizabeth Bibesco-
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I ASK TO SEND THE RIFLE BACK, NOTHING MORE!!!! I AM DONE WITH THIS!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PP you might as well quit pizzing in the fan , you got it all over yourself , yer soaked.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 54 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,564
Posts18,453,755
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.