Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by dubePA

Yeah, they now manufacture many foreign vehicles in the USA. In most instances, the profits go back to the parent companies.

Originally Posted by walt501

Toyota has nothing, I repeat - NOTHING on domestic auto manufacturers and I'm tired of those trying to portray them as something they are not. If you want to send your money overseas and contribute to our balance of payments problems, go ahead.

Next up we'll hear from the "they're made here now" apologists. Make my day.

Seems to me that Toyota Motor Corporation is a publicly traded corporation (TM on the NYSE). Anyone who wishes to buy stock in TM shares in the profits of that company just as much as anyone else who owns stock in GM shares in their profits...

It's pretty apparent that some people didn't pay attention in their Economics class. Where do you think that the bulk of the money goes? FYI, toyota is a Japanese company with its headquarters in Japan. Some people just don't get it.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by dubePA

Yeah, they now manufacture many foreign vehicles in the USA. In most instances, the profits go back to the parent companies.

Originally Posted by walt501

Toyota has nothing, I repeat - NOTHING on domestic auto manufacturers and I'm tired of those trying to portray them as something they are not. If you want to send your money overseas and contribute to our balance of payments problems, go ahead.

Next up we'll hear from the "they're made here now" apologists. Make my day.

Seems to me that Toyota Motor Corporation is a publicly traded corporation (TM on the NYSE). Anyone who wishes to buy stock in TM shares in the profits of that company just as much as anyone else who owns stock in GM shares in their profits...

Actually, you can't buy stock in Toyota here in the U.S.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR

It's pretty apparent that some people didn't pay attention in their Economics class. Where do you think that the bulk of the money goes? FYI, toyota is a Japanese company with its headquarters in Japan. Some people just don't get it.

Sorry...

Last edited by Kimber7man; 01/22/12. Reason: Went to church, prayed about it, and edited post. Better things to do...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I recently purchased a new F150 4wd with 3:73 gears and the Ecoboost engine. I am simply in love with this truck. It rides like a Lexus and hauls azz like a Vette. If I drive it at 65mph I get 21 mpg. Once I hit 70mph the mileage goes down to about 18.5. It is really a nice truck.

35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go with the Ford
I just traded my 04 with 85,000 miles on the clock.
The only work performed on the truck other than oil, filter and tranny fluid replaclement,was replacing the rear brake pads and a power steering return line.
The truck ran and rode like it was new.
I`m sure the 5.0 would meet your towing requirements.
You may want to check into the heavy duty payload package.
The Ford is a better looking truck IMHO.
I`m sure you`ll be happy with whatever truck you choose.

Good luck, Dennis

Last edited by 35; 01/22/12.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
I am simply in love with this truck. It rides like a Lexus and hauls azz like a Vette.

Which Lexus and Vette have you owned?

220 Swift still king.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have owned a Lexus. No, it won't beat a vette, but it's fast and I think you understood the point.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm on my 4th Toyota truck. I've had a 1997 T-100, loved it, a 2001 Tundra, loved it, a 2007 Tundra, REALLY loved it, and I'm now driving a 2010 Tundra. Need I say, "I love it too" BTW, I had absolutly ZERO problems with my 2007 Tundra, as is the case with all my other Toyota trucks. FYI, I'm now dealing on a 2012 Toyota Camry. That Camry will be our 4th. We've had NOTHING but good luck with our Toyotas, and because of that, we'll continue to buy Toyota.
I laugh when I hear some folks saying that ALL the money from Toyota goes to Japan because it is a company from Japan. I suppose they believe that the over 50,000 Americans making a living from working in Toyota plants in the US, are all working for nothing and not getting paid at all. I supposed all those folks working in India, etc. for Dell, Gateway, Apple (American Companys) arent' making any money, or what they do make is being ALL sent back to the US. Get real. There are a lot of good (trucks) p[Linked Image]roducts out there, and everyone is entitled to like and buy what they want. I'm a very patriotic American (Vietnam Vet), but I don't buy into that 'Pearl Harbor' BS that some folks try to push. Some in here talk about knowing economincs, but they need to get their head out of their (^# and open their eyes..... and study economics themselves. [Linked Image] Top (red) Tundra is my 2010 Tundra. I love it. Bottom (green) truck was my 2007 Tundra. It was (like all my other Toyota trucks) NEVER in the shop.

Last edited by hunter01; 01/23/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats on your long and satisfactory love affair with Toyota.

Point A: Pearl Harbor wasn't just some "BS". It was far more than that and as such, it still retains some relevance to many of us here in the USA. Especially those whose family members served in WWII. More so, for those who lost said family members due to combat with the forces of Imperial Japan.

Point B: The previous poster stated that corporate PROFITS go back to the manufacturing entity, in the nation where it originated and is still headquartered.

None of which has anything to do with where their assorted manufacturing facilities are located at present; Employee salaries; or local taxes.

Love your Toyotas. That is your choice. Some of us prefer not to indulge.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by hunter01
*** You are ignoring this user ***

The uneducated toyota apologist returns again to regurgitate the corporate toyota BS.

SOS. Different day.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
I recently purchased a new F150 4wd with 3:73 gears and the Ecoboost engine. I am simply in love with this truck. It rides like a Lexus and hauls azz like a Vette. If I drive it at 65mph I get 21 mpg. Once I hit 70mph the mileage goes down to about 18.5. It is really a nice truck.

Just wait a few thousand miles...My '11 rode great too. Now it rattles like a baby in a playpen. It's been in to Ford twice, and going back again this week or next.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

The uneducated toyota apologist returns again to regurgitate the corporate toyota BS.

SOS. Different day.

I've owned every make of American truck/car, including my current '11 F-150. While I'd love to buy all American all the time, the Tundra I traded on this F-150 was by far the best truck I've owned. The jury is still out on this truck. I like it fine and LOVE the power and towing. I tow a lot spring-fall and it fits my needs with plenty to spare. So far, I'm not impressed with how much the truck rattles. The doors loosen up after driving on the road for a short while and rattle. When you close the doors, front or back, they don't lock up solid like they did in the Tundra. They did when I first bought it or it would still be in the dealers show room.

I'm not going to get into the politics of it, becasue there are VERY valid points for buying American vehicles. I did buy the Tundra used at a Ford dealer, it had 15K miles on it. I don't think I ever paid any money to Toyota for it, because it was never in the shop for anything.

Last edited by tzone; 01/24/12.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just wait a few thousand miles...My '11 rode great too. Now it rattles like a baby in a playpen. It's been in to Ford twice, and going back again this week or next.

One of my dairy farmer uncles owned nuffin' but Ford trucks all of his life (he made it to 92). Mostly F250s, but his last new one, was a '77 4x4 F150 (retired from the dairyman bidness, by then).

Some of the late 60s and early '70s trucks were rust buckets. One was actually replaced at a nominal fee, with another new one by the dealer. Same dealer he'd dealt with for over 40 years.

Know what he said, if dad or I commented about how "rattly and rusty" his Fords were?

"Sure it rattles goin' down the road, but it's still goin' down the road, ain't it?"

grin

Those trucks all spent most of their lives on dirt roads, deep snow/lots of salt in the winter; muddy field work the rest of the year and were all used hard. Only one he literally ran into the ground, was a 3/4 ton '56 that he bought new when I was a kid. Commonly hauled well over a ton of feed on that thing for years, with the rear bumper almost on the road. Lived out its last years as an off road farm truck, finally broke the frame on it and put 'er in the woods.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I wouldn't mind so much if it was a few years old, but dang it...I've only had it since August. laugh I bought a new one so that stuff didn't happen until later.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Developed a rattle on the passenger side interior of my '06 Sierra Z71 after about three years. Drove me nuts, because it didn't always rattle. Might not do it for weeks, then it'd rattle a bit every day for weeks.

My superior half wasn't amused, when I came home one day with a new '10 Silverado Z71. Told her the Jimmy had started jinglin' again, so I just went out and got me a new one. ;O)

Over 20K on this one and not a peep anywhere, so far.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If I do that I'll need to get a hi-rise topper so I can load all my stuff in it.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by tzone

SOS. Different day.

I've owned every make of American truck/car, including my current '11 F-150. While I'd love to buy all American all the time, the Tundra I traded on this F-150 was by far the best truck I've owned. The jury is still out on this truck. I like it fine and LOVE the power and towing. I tow a lot spring-fall and it fits my needs with plenty to spare. So far, I'm not impressed with how much the truck rattles. The doors loosen up after driving on the road for a short while and rattle. When you close the doors, front or back, they don't lock up solid like they did in the Tundra. They did when I first bought it or it would still be in the dealers show room.

I'm not going to get into the politics of it, becasue there are VERY valid points for buying American vehicles. I did buy the Tundra used at a Ford dealer, it had 15K miles on it. I don't think I ever paid any money to Toyota for it, because it was never in the shop for anything.

It seems that just about every toyota owner has never had their vehicle back the toyota dealership for anything.

These toyota owners must have special vehicles. I say this because every time I drive past the toyota dealerships around here, there's always plenty of toyota vehicles lined up for service work.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V

SOS. Different day.

It seems that just about every toyota owner has never had their vehicle back the toyota dealership for anything.

These toyota owners must have special vehicles. I say this because every time I drive past the toyota dealerships around here, there's always plenty of toyota vehicles lined up for service work.

I can say in 13 years of ownership, my 1999 Toyota Tacoma has been far and away the best vehicle I have ever owned(mechanically speaking). One set of front brake pads, two front turn signal bulbs, one battery, and a set of contacts in the starter. The brakes, battery, and bulbs go out on any vehicle, so I have spent a total of $65(for the contacts) on unscheduled maintenance/repairs on this truck.

The truck rides like a covered wagon, has very little room inside, and is underpowered when towing but has been one reliable vehicle.

I plan to give the F150 a chance in a few weeks when I get ready to buy a new truck. I will also drive and compare the competition as well. Whichever truck I like the best will be the one I pay for. Having said that I am finding the F150 with the EcoBoost engine very interesting.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm not making it up. I never had to take it in for ANYTHING. I

I have 4 Ford trucks, so that may tell you where my allegiance is but I'm not going to BS you about it either. From what I can see so far...Ford has a long way to go to catch up to Toyota.

These truck lined up for your so called service work, could very well be there for routine maintenance. I'm glad you're starting to see that the Toyota's are special, even though they're not immune to routine maint. I take my Ford to the dealar for maintenance like the oil changes. Mechanically, that is all I've had to do to it. The rattle in the doors is driving me nuts though.

V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
I'm not making it up. I never had to take it in for ANYTHING. I

I have 4 Ford trucks, so that may tell you where my allegiance is but I'm not going to BS you about it either. From what I can see so far...Ford has a long way to go to catch up to Toyota.

These truck lined up for your so called service work, could very well be there for routine maintenance. I'm glad you're starting to see that the Toyota's are special, even though they're not immune to routine maint. I take my Ford to the dealar for maintenance like the oil changes. Mechanically, that is all I've had to do to it. The rattle in the doors is driving me nuts though.

This is the kind of information I have been looking for. People that have experience with both trucks. In your opinion, what makes you feel the Tundra is the better truck?

I really like the thoughts of the EcoBoost but I don't want to be part of Ford's R&D for this engine. It is obviously a powerful engine but my concern is its complexity and its long term reliability.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 01/25/12.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (1234, 10ring1, 160user, 16penny, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,891
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.