C
Can somebody give me his number?

TIA
Al

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From RAS, July 2006...

I thought I would pass on his info to all of you who may need a hard to find sight. His name is Mr. Bean. His company's name is "Sights and Antique Guns." He is located in York, PA and ships. (717) 755-9070. Maybe some of you can note this for future reference. I remember that he had tons of tang sights. Many other models for different firearms as well. They call him the "Sight Man". Nice man and very helpful to work with. His motto is that if he doesn't have it, he can almost always find it for you. Prices seemed to be reasonable based on the many people who were commenting around his table. He also stated that he often has Stith(sp?) mounts.

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't someone just say last week that he's running mighty low in the sight dept?

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know somebody that just sold him a TON of sights. What exactly, I dont know but it was a chit load so you better check again on his inventory.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll see him next month at the Baltimore Show, if anybody needs personal service. (Hint, hint Jeff!)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Ken usually is at the Penna. Gun Collectors shows in Tarentum, Pa. I talked to him at the November show a little and he seemed to have a good bit of stuff. He even had a 99 Model C (with the half octagon barrel) in 30-30. That's what I was talking to him about.
Didn't see him at the January show..

He's a great guy to talk to and deal with....I've bought quite a few sights, stiths, etc. from Ken over the years...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just saw him a couple of weeks ago at the Lebanon, Pa show. Bought a minty 30 1/2 from him at a very reasonable price. Gave me 3 apertures for the sight.

Told me he had several more 29 1/2's and 30 1/2's along with some 1A's, 2A's and Marbles sights for 99's that he hadn't even brought along.

You will just never meet a nicer guy that Ken. The guy will just bend over backwards and stand on his head for you. His wife is a really nice lady as well.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 99guy
You will just never meet a nicer guy that Ken. The guy will just bend over backwards and stand on his head for you. His wife is a really nice lady as well.

+1

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gary,

Lets hit the show. Should be fun looking at stuff that we cant afford. Pm me when the time gets closer and we can work out the details.

RAS

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Also....

Ken will probably be at Chantilly next week and I will be there on Fri or Sat. If you want for me to look at anything, let me know.

Jeff

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I used to live close to Ken when he was just starting out. I remember him wondering if it was possible to deal in vintage sights and make a go of it.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Jeff, You beat me to the offer of helping someone find a sight item that Ken may have at the Chantilly Show. Hope he's there. My brother and I have a table there - not too far from where Ken usually sets up. Stop by if you get a chance. I'll PM my cell number.

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 219DW, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,085
Posts18,463,914
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.