Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
hogan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Really, just wondering how many Repeat Buyers these guys have?

Or, is dealing with Oregonians always a new-age kind of laidback thing?

Last time I bought from these guys, if you spent $200+ you got Flat Rate Priority shipping for FREE. NOT Anymore...

I had an account with them. Last log-in was about a week before placing this week's order. Friday, was going to do an order, but the website shows NO RECORD of my email when requested to have password sent...(thought I'd forgotten the password). I'd recently logged in though, so I used their CONTACT US email. By Monday, when I ordered, there was a NOTICE that they had a New Site, and ALL PRIOR ACCOUNTS MUST Re-Establish... Okay, did that...

Never got an email reply to my Contact Us emaial.
Payment was verified as immediate on my order.

I did get a Order Verification Email and when I called today at 12:30 Oregon Time to inquire about when/if the order has been or will ship, I was told "There's probably no one in that dept right now, it is Lunch Time so they're probably at lunch."

I called back about 10 minutes before 5pm and am told "There's no one there now. They leave at 4:30"...

I made the mistake of wondering why Nosler can't have people to answer customer inquiries throughout the day and their employee tells me, "I am not going to listen to anymore negativity"...

This dude has heard nothing negative from me yet, but...

The Nosler family can run their business however they want, but they evidently DON'T GIVE A D.MN about their customers.

I order from Brownells and get a tracking # hot-link. Last order with these guys took 2 weeks to arrive and there was no way to know when they shipped my stuff.

Their Shooter's Pro Shop Website has been just about empty ever since they started it. Very lame. If you intend to offer full-service sales from other manufacturers and announce that you will do so, Order the gear and do it! These guys have been over a year saying "coming soon" and maybe they got some Remington brass and a few other items, but nothing like what they promoted to be developing.

Speaking of development, what Online Business that is competent loses or locks-out their entire customer base?

Can Nosler do anything right on the Internet?

Last year, they nearly DOUBLED the cost of their 2nds and couple months later brought prices back down. What kind of business doubles prices and then adjusts them back in space of Six or Eight Weeks?

It has been over 2yrs that Shooter's Pro Shop was going to bring lots of gear to their customers. Gonna just sell the discards your high standards cull out? Fine, but why put your prestige on the line and make elementary errors? Might want to pay a consultant to get your site up to date and operational. Might want to buy the gear you claim you intend to offer. I'm sure RCBS, Redding, Forster, Rem, Win, Federal, and the other specialty houses will extend a warm welcome and maybe even work a deal in your favor...

Just maybe Nosler could have someone to answer the phone and handle customer inquiries. Just maybe they could email enough information to customers so inquiries would not be necessary?

They damn well ought to be sure their people don't go all wimpy and imagine they're gonna hear "negativity" when a customer wonders why the customer service dept closes down completely for lunch and goes home at 4:30pm instead of having someone around to answer the inquiries they might get.

Nosler better damn well HOPE They Get Customer Inquiries, whether they are critical or not. Looks to me as a repeat customer that they are harder to deal with than any other on-line vendor and they don't give a damn about what you think or inquire about...

That is a sure recipe for ruining a company. But such is the American Way.

HR IC

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Don't buy from them....leaves more for me and others who don't have a problem with them.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have bought from them a number of times and everything was fine. I did order some .35 225 accubonds once and they sold out before they updated their listing. They called and offered to send 225 partitions instead.

At least you got to talk to a real prerson... laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recently placed an order and also had to reestablish my account. The only thing I don't like is that to order multiple units you have to click on the object multiple times instead of inputting the amount you want. It would have been nice for them to place a notice of the changes on the lead page to their site instead of leaving it to the user to figure it out. They have never sent any tracking information as far as I know. The free shipping for $200 orders was a special deal for a limited time. But they now do offer flat rate shipping. Just glad they do offer their 2nds.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Don't forget about Bivwak the auction site they were doing a while back. That thing was a mess too. I can't get the last batch of accubond seconds from them to shoot. They say they are cosmetic blemishes only but if you talk to the right person you'll find out that other problem bullets get ran through as seconds too. I have had several times that the site let me place orders only to find out later that they were out. They've never offered me an alternative.

I used to shoot a lot of their seconds with several orders of $500+ but I'm rethinking it now. I can shoot amax firsts for less than accubond seconds. I'm going to try the 208 amax on game this year.

Bb

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I have a whole cabinet full of seconds: .277 130 gr solid base, 6.5 mm 130 gr AB, 6.5 mm 120 gr BT, 7mm 140 gr AB, and .41 210 gr pistol bullets.

I have seen nothing but superb customer service and excellent results from the bullets.

I will admit the stock pile I enjoy was purchased pre-Obama, and their selection of seconds has been severely limited since the obamanation took office.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have bought from them in the past and if they ever have any of the types that I need I would buy from them again.
I think that midway or someone else has made a dead for a lot of what they call seconds.That is why there aren't many anymore.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Apparently the "new" (once again) website dumped all the old accounts. I had to start a new account too.

The manufacturers of shooting stuff--especially the old line manufacturers--seem to have only reluctantly been dragged and into cyber commerce. I mean, look at all the errors on Remington's website.

As far as availability, SPS has always been an outlet for blems/2nds, no guarantee was made concerning inventory. We can thank the information superhighway for everybody knowing about SPS these days, throw in Obama's election and the previous year or two of buying frenzy of anything that remotely shoots, and a more recent downturn in the economy which probably translates into lower production to create 2nds, and.......well, it was good while it lasted.

I only have about 700 or so Noz 2nds in my gun cabinet....wish I had more.....

I mean, Sierra Trading Post prices have gone up a lot in the past year or so--simply less inventory of over runs and 2nds for them to buy, so they apparently can charge more.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
H
hogan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Just another reason to prefer bullet casting.

A customer who has paid their money has a right to inquire about when merchandise will ship. Brownells will ship SAME DAY, MidSouth Shooters and Wideners also. Graf is sometimes fairly fast, but Nosler is only setup to Take Your Money. They got that part RIGHT Down... Getting your stuff out is not a concern to them...

I really don't appreciate some loser getting bitchy with me about what he expects will be coming until it happens. I sure don't want to hear all his BS reasons for why his company don't care enough to have people answering Customer Inquiries between 12 & 1pm or from 4:15 on.

I have bought a lot of Nosler bullets.

Will keep trying to pursue someone at Nosler that can tell me when bullets were shipped and also tell me why had to re-do my account.
Maybe they were hacked and all their data "taken"?
Who the hell knows for sure?

Last edited by hogan; 02/09/12.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I ordered more than $2,000 worth of seconds from them several years ago, went to Barnes and sold off most of my Nosler inventory. I too discovered I no longer existed when I went back to their new unimproved site the other day. What a POS. I had the same experience as described, no email record, no explanation, and most bothersome, no inventory!!

I'm definitely done with Nosler.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
They are definitely having a hard time keeping up with the demand for their bullets. Having a major explosion take out part of the facility a while back didn't help....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have shot nosler seconds for 15 years or so, used to be able to buy them in town. I havent had issue with SPS but I havent ordered from them for a year or so. They have definatly become more popular and sell out quickly, I usually try to stop in when I pass thru bend, and I think their low inventory online is true, most times they dont have what I need on the shelves.

They are located right next door to nosler, but I was under the impression that it was a separate business. I dont think I would blame bad or spotty service from SPS on nosler, but maybe I'm wrong and nosler owns them?

Sean
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by hogan
Really, just wondering how many Repeat Buyers these guys have?

Well, me, for one.

From the rest of your post, I'll assume that you're not going to buy from them any more? Good news for me; I have a better chance of picking up more of what I need. laugh

B
BC3 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If I pay full price I expect part of that price is the cost of top notch customer service. When I get a substantial discount I'll suffer through a hiccup or two. I'm sure Midway will send a tracking number and have a happy person on the end of the line that is having a great day. I order from both of these businesses and am satisfied with the level of service both offer at their respective price points.
Brian

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I haven't ordered in about a year, but it was no big deal when I did. They may not have as fancy a site as others, but it works and got what I ordered in a reasonable time.

N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Don't buy a thing there for any reason, especially if you don't like their new site or the worse customer service on earth. More excellent priced great bullets for the rest of us who can overlook that.

Bivwak was a cluster fu** and half on their part. Thanks to their total ineptness I got three brand new rifles for about 1/2 price. No wonder they shut it down so fast smile

The huge price increase at ProShop for seconds a while back was an admitted total screwup on their part.

If you talk them is does seem like they may eat mushroom pizza for lunch smile

Ned

@hogan - dude slow down, real issues are out there to deal with.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Hogan, I read your entire post, and while I certainly dont mind someone expressing their disappointment with any company, your post reeked of someone having an axe to grind, especially the last part.....

"That is a sure recipe for ruining a company. But such is the American Way".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the 'heads-up'. I got a few - and left a few since the site now shows inventory of any particular item. Why worry about lost accounts; it ain't like they give frequent flier miles or anything and only what, 50 seconds to fill in the blanks? Reduction in shipping costs was a nice touch.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they ever have 6mm 95 grain BT's I'm buying a thousand...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I agree I just ordered some bullets and I gave them a piece of my mind what a crappy ordering system they had changed to after I reset my account that was not as big a deal as pain in the rear process to get my order placed.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
681 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 71 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,615
Posts18,398,454
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.