Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Yep just ordered a bunch of .224 55 gr SPs & NBTs, .243 90 gr NBTs, .243 Win brass, and noticed that they have 257 Bee brass reduced way down...

I did notice that, while I ordered Tuesday they've yet to change the order status from "processing" to "shipped" or even "processed," but whatever.

As others pointed out, if you like the deals you can take the inconveniences. If you like paying full price plus a lot in shipping, MidwayUSA & Natchez are always there waiting for you...

HR IC

N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
lol, click on the product icon and you can choose your product amount. they most certainly do send a confirm email. my advice...never order from them.

@hogan... if you have ever seen dealer pricing from Brownells you will see just much they are screwing u, and you can rant about them.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Over the last few years, I've bought several thousand .30 cal 155 CC's and lots of their Partitions and Accubonds and have been very pleased. For a short time they jacked their prices way up but I guess the backlash was so severe they came back down to a reasonable level w/in a few days or so if I remember right.

As long as their prices are reasonable they'll get more of my money.

I think the new website addresses the "dumping" of previous accounts but if I got through the process before I can do it again.

If you don't buy 'em that means there are more for me.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Originally Posted by hogan
Really, just wondering how many Repeat Buyers these guys have?

Well, me, for one.

From the rest of your post, I'll assume that you're not going to buy from them any more? Good news for me; I have a better chance of picking up more of what I need. laugh

Originally Posted by prm
got what I ordered in a reasonable time.

+1 I typically get my order in less than 7 days, usually about 5.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
H
hogan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I will bitch one more time...

Ordered 6 packets of bullets, 50 to plastic envelope, right?

I requested SMALL flat rate box shipping. The bullets easily would've fit in the small $5 box. But they sent the pkg in Med Flat Rate at cost of $12 and Did Not Insure the pkg...

Cannot recall Any Vendor failing to insure, charge for insurance, on a purchase I made... But Nosler didn't insure. Nosler didn't give me the option to buy insurance. Nosler did buy Delivery Confirmation, but What The Heck! Is Everything FUBAR with them?

Most of you boys are just Nosler Love-Slaves; I know that... Bow down to the holy partition bullet and worship the accubond!

But the whole experience just shouts out how inept the company is and how little they care about their online customer and responding to buyers who've already Paid Money.

There are online sites that have lower prices than you can believe, but there is no human interaction or way to inquire/trace an order.

The whole Gun Business on the whole is a can of worms these days and all these schmucks will promise you anything to get your money but you are on your own after that.

I am sick and tired of the BS and even Fraud that goes on. This forum is one of the best, but many others are just a means to shill product and make sales for the vendors who pay to be on-site and donate product to the site.

Nosler has a class reputation and it is a shame the owners don't understand that failures like this are a Big Negative and Denigrate Reputation.

Pretty hard to prove "bullet failure"...
Very easy for Customer to feel abused and disregarded and decide he can do without the stuff

IC B2

H
hogan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
One more thing,

Years ago I bought some 250gr Partitions from a guy on this or the LRH forum. The guy shipped them Flat rate and they were put in the box with some packing worms, but not sealed very well.

The box got lost in transit, by the time it arrived, the guy had given me a refund via Paypal already. I paid about $90 for 150 bullets. The bullets rattled around and broke the boxes and made a hole in the box. I refused delivery and the guy got however many of his bullets back that survived the poor packing job, but...

Just saying, Nosler didn't pack their box much better, the poly bags were sealed rather than ziploc bagged, but packed securely in the small FR box, the bullets are better suited to delivery.

Nosler just does things its own way; and by damn, that is good enough for you if you want a deal on their bullets. It had better be good enough for you, cause that's as good as it's gonna get!

Last edited by hogan; 02/16/12.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't order from them anymore - end of your problem, leaves more for me laugh

PS All of this extra stuff - multiple size boxes, tracking numbers, insurance, costs more. I would rather have cheaper bullets. We have become really spoiled by all the instant this and instant that now a days. In the old days we would send a money order and wait for weeks to see if the package would arrive. The insurance on 4 bags of bullets would probably increase the cost by 10 - 15% not worth it. If I was ordering 1000's of $ worth of bullets at a time I would probably want insurance but for a few bags, I would rather have the savings in bullets. The flat rate box is a relatively new thing and I really appreciate it. In the past I would have had to pay $15 - $20 for shipping on a typical order.

Last edited by Prwlr; 02/16/12.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have bought from the Pro shop numerous time, however I have never ordered from them. I grew up about 45min from their factory and my parents still live there. I would just stop in at the shop whenever I was in the area.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ned

When I placed my order you could not specify the amount. I just checked the site after reading your post and found that it had changed and a new window opened up and you could specify the amount. Looks like they are still working on the site. Good thing.

Ed

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just got an order in today 6.5 X 140 Gr NBT. They now had flat rate shipping to AK $12 about time since it costs the same anywhere in the US. You could do it before but you had to specify it in special mailing instructions.

My only complaint is they need a more secure label on plastic bags. I hope the popularity fades and they can keep more in stock for Me, been buying seconds since about 1978 When I lived in Madras OR.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Don't order from them anymore - end of your problem, leaves more for me laugh

PS All of this extra stuff - multiple size boxes, tracking numbers, insurance, costs more. I would rather have cheaper bullets. We have become really spoiled by all the instant this and instant that now a days. In the old days we would send a money order and wait for weeks to see if the package would arrive. The insurance on 4 bags of bullets would probably increase the cost by 10 - 15% not worth it. If I was ordering 1000's of $ worth of bullets at a time I would probably want insurance but for a few bags, I would rather have the savings in bullets. The flat rate box is a relatively new thing and I really appreciate it. In the past I would have had to pay $15 - $20 for shipping on a typical order.

I just buy new from Midway or Graf's. Always get what you want and pay for.

The people who want to spend the least amount of money demand the most schit.
Those who cater to them rarely have their schit together for that type of clientele....or even close.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Hogan, you're worse than a woman buying a dress.

I buy nothing but 2nds for what now? Since Dillon started selling them in 90.

I love them and find it great that people like you hate to deal with Nosler. Just more for the Nosler lovers.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Something tells me it won't be just "one more time"...

But they sent the pkg in Med Flat Rate at cost of $12 and Did Not Insure the pkg...

Pretty obvious when you sign in to their site, that it is now a FLAT RATE SHIPPING FOR $12. Nice big letters across the screen. $12 for whatever size order you place. Guys used to bitch they charged too much on larger orders, now it's cheaper for most orders.

I'm curious.... as upset as you were earlier, why did you place this latest order, if you just knew how terrible the place was?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Very easy for Customer seller to feel abused and disregarded and decide he can do without the stuff sale

I'm betting lots of guys on here are thinking this about dealing with you, if they have stuff for sale here on the classifieds.

I know I'd sure think twice before sending you something, then having you refuse delivery, flame me nonstop, and carry on the way you do. crazy

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I requested SMALL flat rate box shipping. The bullets easily would've fit in the small $5 box. But they sent the pkg in Med Flat Rate at cost of $12 and Did Not Insure the pkg...

Cannot recall Any Vendor failing to insure, charge for insurance, on a purchase I made... But Nosler didn't insure. Nosler didn't give me the option to buy insurance. Nosler did buy Delivery Confirmation, but What The Heck! Is Everything FUBAR with them?

Most of you boys are just Nosler Love-Slaves; I know that... Bow down to the holy partition bullet and worship the accubond!

But the whole experience just shouts out how inept the company is and how little they care about their online customer and responding to buyers who've already Paid Money.

There are online sites that have lower prices than you can believe, but there is no human interaction or way to inquire/trace an order.

The whole Gun Business on the whole is a can of worms these days and all these schmucks will promise you anything to get your money but you are on your own after that.

I am sick and tired of the BS and even Fraud that goes on. This forum is one of the best, but many others are just a means to shill product and make sales for the vendors who pay to be on-site and donate product to the site.

Nosler has a class reputation and it is a shame the owners don't understand that failures like this are a Big Negative and Denigrate Reputation.

Pretty hard to prove "bullet failure"...
Very easy for Customer to feel abused and disregarded and decide he can do without the stuff

Put your husband on, this is guy talk.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They do take orders over the phone.......

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
H
hogan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Sticks N Stones boys...

I have ordered from MidSouth and gotten a Redding Die set sent out in Small Flat Rate Box and charged Actual Shipping Costs.

Can't see the point? Yeah, KK, the labels are too crummy to stay on the pkgs. Had 2 out of the 6pkgs that the labels came off in the box. One thing, they probably spent $2 on the packing styrene.

One other thing, Nosler is So NOT Web-Savvy that they use a postage meter and tack-on Delivery Confirmation. Shows that they are too ignorant to use USPS website which provides Delivery Confirmation FREE. ETA... And using USPS.com also saves 15% on postage costs; Nosler can't be bothered with that evidently.

Does Nosler care about their customers? Not from what they showed me.

They must get TONS of irate callers. Why else would "Gary" jump the gun and accuse me of "negativity" before I made even one comment or asked "Why don't you have anyone available from 12-1pm to take customer calls about their purchases?

The real question is, WHY does Nosler allow a character like "Gary" to answer the phone and play passive/agressive games with their customers?

Customers are what makes business work. If Nosler cared more about hiring employees who understood this, they might have a functional website and buy the products they've said they were going to stock for the last 2yrs...

Last edited by hogan; 02/17/12.
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I bet the shooters pro shop accounts for less than one percent of noslers business and they use it as more of an outlet than a profit center in hope that customers appreciate the reduced cost of goods and accept it for what it is.If it doesnt meet your standards then just move on to another retailer as there are plenty out there as you state that do it better than nosler

gene

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Just to echo Gene, you're dealing with shootersproshop not Nosler per se... that is, you're buying through a discount clearinghouse for Nosler's seconds.

I get irritated by what I perceive as poor service, too, but I just take my business elsewhere.

My experience w/ shootersproshop is only 2 orders deep, but both have been fine experiences. Not outstanding nor poor, just fine. I get the price I want knowing that I won't get the tracking and amenities that MidwayUSA et al charge me for.

Let your money reflect your thoughts on the subject. Sounds like you're outnumbered here, though, and if you're a true curmugeon like me, that won't bother you either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been buying from Shooters Pro Shop for at least 6 years.

Great people, great service.

My latest order was 1,250 qty .277/150 Partition's...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 2,698 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.