-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm sure I've sent ment more high quality home cast bullets down range than you have or will. I just can't throw away $1000.00 to be a name dropper. You girls apparently can.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Info For Sharps
Swampman1
Campfire Regular

Bought a Pedersoli Sharps Model 1874 .45/70 Cavalry Carbine today for about 1/2 price. Very tickled! Are there any good sources for info on it.

Posted 12/09/11 07:16 PM

Now , a coupla' months later you're some sorta' "Oracle" ?

...more like some sorta AZZWHOLE, Mister.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 02/11/12.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Swampman1
I'm sure I've sent ment more high quality home cast bullets down range than you have or will. I just can't throw away $1000.00 to be a name dropper. You girls apparently can.

Post pics of your molds and bullets,....NOW.

Not that you're going to,...you [bleep]' well can't, gasbag.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
12/10/11

" This one is marked Navy Arms. I was looking for reviews or test reports.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I sincerely doubt that.

And you have also never shot BPCR in National competition.

I can tell that by the lies you tell about it.

You are the worst poser on this site and one dumb Sonofabitch to boot.

I know teenage kids with more real gun knowledge than you have.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've shot plenty of high quality cast bullets in dozens of different guns for nearly 50 years. I've never said anything about BPCR Competition since I'm not interested in it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y'all can keep blowin' smoke as long as you want to. We all I am the only one who know that thinks I'm right.

Your post had some errors as you wrote it so I corrected it for you. You can thank me later.

Hey, Mark . . . still shootin' them pot-metal locks on your MLs??? Better keep shootin' them cuz you sure as he!! don't know anything about BPCR guns.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've shot plenty of high quality cast bullets in dozens of different guns for nearly 50 years. I've never said anything about BPCR Competition since I'm not interested in it.REAL ACCURACY, would rather run my mouth, than shoot any discipline requiring that

fixed,

GTC

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Brent,

We werecarving Sharps Actions outta' BILLET up in B.C. in the 1970s.

I handled and SHOT the prototype C.Sharps '75 with my friend Schofstal (World Creedmoor 2002) before they went into production. I've also gotten to handle and drool on some beautiful Axtel 77s', and enjoy the smiles of the Fair Carmen Axtel.

Thanks for the Historical advice, and the basics briefing.....I kinda' thought we were on the same page,...

You pretty much assume that you're an oracle of some sort, and nobody else ever played with these damn things, I guess.

GTC

Well, fair Carmen has her legion of admirers for certain. But I've never met her, and I've only spoken with her once on the phone myself. I will say however, for as fair as she may have been and as sleek as her rifles appearedm they were not always well made. And that's being polite. That one of mine in particular. I could tell you about a pile of others as well. Or you could come to Raton and I could introduce you to a few folks.

Meanwhile, some fancy machine work and a new barrel fixed saved my 77 from the scrap heap.

I know the difference between 77s and the real 75s. And I know how to make my 77 shoot, but it was no easy road. You can call that oracling or whatever the hell you want.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The "English Sharps" is an inherently WEAK design, and Carmen Axtel was left with the mess her HUSBAND made outta' those weak wristed pretties.

Raton ?

Hey, careful, what you wish for there, Mister.

GTC

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The "English Sharps" is an inherently WEAK design, and Carmen Axtel was left with the mess her HUSBAND made outta' those weak wristed pretties.

Raton ?

Hey, careful, what you wish for there, Mister.

GTC

Yes I know all the sordid stories. Has zip to do with making a rifle correctly, and this one wasn't. Ditto for many others. Before and after the lonely senorita.

And if the 77 is a weak design, you must be the only savant in the universe to discover the fact. They are plenty strong - just not built right.

Raton - I'll be there - you not so likely. Wishing ain't got [bleep] to do with it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are plenty strong -

Right, removing the MASSIVE, THICK RHS lockplate, that was KEYED and massively screwed, integral to the '74 receiver, and replacing it with a spindly little English sidelock, and WOOD all hogged out like an English Shotgun's wrist (per the '77) made a "Strong" design.

Right Brett, sure, whatever you say there.

GTC

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Okay Mr. Oracle. See you in Raton, and you can watch my 77 fly apart...

Go pick on Swampman. He needs your support.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're pretty good pickin' on Women, it would seem.

LOTS of folks in the BPCR community kinda' like her ya' know.

GTC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll keep shooting MOA groups with my $600.00 gun. You girls can keep holding each other's hand and telling yourselves it was money well spent.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'll keep shooting MOA groups with my $600.00 gun. You girls can keep holding each other's hand and telling yourselves it was money well spent.

Swampturd, you've never shot MOA groups with iron sights on ANY rifle.

Another one of your delusions.

Last edited by jim62; 02/12/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You're pretty good pickin' on Women, it would seem.

LOTS of folks in the BPCR community kinda' like her ya' know.

GTC

Facts are facts. She may be very likable. I'm sure she is. But her rifles are messed up, and I bet you know the truth of it. But if not, give Kirk Bryan a call - after all, he bought her jigs and moulds to start making the 77s. He is still trying to bring them up to Shiloh standards.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I know Carmen Axtel I shot along side her several times and talked to her, she is a very pleasant likable Lady. But Brent is right about the 77. I have a friend that has one and it has been a thorn in his side since he got it and the company never stood behind it to make it right.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Please SOMEBODY find that picture of Swampstink in his Little Lord Flauntleroy hat and costume!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Please SOMEBODY find that picture of Swampstink in his Little Lord Flauntleroy hat and costume!

It's not worth the time,

He can always take off the hat, but it's impossible for him to change his IQ.

The fact that we've acknowledged his existence will be his highlight of this week.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 338reddog, 300jimmy, 2UP, 24 invisible), 1,697 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,598
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.