24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
I have a Tristar Viper G2 12 ga. shotgun that I've been trying to find a magazine extension for. Making a trip to SoDak for some snow geese. Does anybody know if Tristar makes one or what would be compatible? I can't seem to find anything online.
Thanks

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have not seen a mag extension for the Tristar. Just load more every chance you get!! Good luck on your goose hunt!

OP Offline
Just in case anyone else has a Viper and wants to know. I brought my shotgun to a gunsmith to make me an extension tube. After a little looking around, the extensions for Remington have the same threads.... The only thing he needed to make was a collar to slip over the existing tube so there was still tension when the extension was screwed on. Easy customization.

K
K
Originally Posted by gooselander
Just in case anyone else has a Viper and wants to know. I brought my shotgun to a gunsmith to make me an extension tube. After a little looking around, the extensions for Remington have the same threads.... The only thing he needed to make was a collar to slip over the existing tube so there was still tension when the extension was screwed on. Easy customization.

Can you explain in more detail and maybe post pictures. A collar? What Remington extension in particular? I am looking to do the same for mine.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by Kferling
Originally Posted by gooselander

Can you explain in more detail and maybe post pictures. A collar? What Remington extension in particular? I am looking to do the same for mine.

I would assume you need a "collar" between the extension and the barrel to keep the barrel tight in the receiver. Again I'm assuming the extension doesn't extend past the threaded portion as far as the original cap does.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 24 invisible), 1,906 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,369
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.