Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SU35
Dumbo threw us under the bus, remember?

I have not forgotten and won't. It's not a matter of forgiving and forgetting.
It's a matter of facing the consequences of his actions. He was a big name in the industry selling us out. He's not sorry for what he said, he's sorry for getting spanked.

I'll boycott any thing he promotes.

I get a kick out of you guys that are so eager to boycott stuff. Let's boycott Uncle Ted and Zumbo you say? We wont buy their books, Cds etc? That's little beans.

What about that Cooper rifle that pops up at a good price? Talk about "throwing us under the bus"! That Cooper dude supported the worst pos ever to darken the door of the whitehouse yet how many of you guys promoting boycotts would pass up a good deal on a Cooper rifle?

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gmoats
Originally Posted by oneoldsap
... I place Nugent in the same catagory as Hanoi Jane Fonda . I have given up my membership in the NRA since they made Ted one of their spokesmen !

...Thank you oneoldsap---I deeply appreciate not having people like you in the NRA.
Semper Fi,
Greg

So , just exactly what are people like me ?

...If you are indeed "old" and a veteran and not just a pretender, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe that you're simply disfunctionally naive and not mind numbingly stupid. Quiting the NRA because you think Nuge avoided the draft is room-temperature-IQ-behavior though, my friend.
Are you refering to pro gun veterans , or people that speak their minds ,
....actually, no, because that would include me.
... and don't take crap from anybody ?
...now you're just sounding like an 8th grader on the playground trying to sound post-pubescent. If you don't become more well spoken, at least take the "old" out of your cyber-moniker. "onesap" might actually be more appropriate.

So who's your buddy , Ted or Jane . I really enjoy seeing Ted excersise the rights he didn't have nads enough to fight for ! You have a nice day Greg , and I support your right to your opinion too !
Tom Selleck also didn't serve, are you equally upset by his involvement? Did you have a hard time differentiating between he and Rosie O'Donnell? Thanks for your service in whatever military branch you chose if in fact your not a wannabe (please tell me you weren't a Marine). I admit that the Nuge leaves alot to be desired on many fronts, but he's been an outspoken voice that communicates "in kind" with the stridency of the left. The NRA has many faults to be sure, but they are far and away the best thing that we have going for us.
Semper Fi,
Greg

Greg,

You should be, like, a writer, or somethin'!!!

Well said and TFF!

Pete

Last edited by Savuti; 02/16/12.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
...Talk about "throwing us under the bus"! That Cooper dude supported the worst pos ever to darken the door of the whitehouse yet how many of you guys promoting boycotts would pass up a good deal on a Cooper rifle?

.....I think that I speak for a number of folks when I say....WTF are you talking about?????

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Savuti

Greg,

You should be, like, a writer, or somethin'!!!

Well said and TFF!

Pete

....thanks, Pete...
any idea what the guy slamming Cooper is about???

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Think i speak of Cooper taking party for Obama 4 years ago. Sure he does'nt know Cooper is not owned by the guy anymore..
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by writing_frog

Think i speak of Cooper taking party for Obama 4 years ago. Sure he does'nt know Cooper is not owned by the guy anymore..
Dom

...thanks----I obviously had the wrong Cooper in mind---thought he was talking about the Scout Rifle and Jeff Cooper. blush

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never said I wanted to see AR's or any other rifle banned. I shoot AK's myself. I just said I don't really see the need for them in hunting season. It seems to send the wrong message. Like waging war on the game animals or something. It's just a perception, granted, but perception is quite often reality. Someday I might like to find out how well a 7.62X39 works on deer, just not in an AK or SK.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If some of the pictures coming out of Montana and Idaho are correct, you might want a "AR-10" sized gun while deer or elk hunting. shocked I'd hate to come across a pack of wolves while hunting with my bolt action. crazy

Last edited by dmsbandit; 02/16/12.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
... I place Nugent in the same catagory as Hanoi Jane Fonda . I have given up my membership in the NRA since they made Ted one of their spokesmen !

...Thank you oneoldsap---I deeply appreciate not having people like you in the NRA.
Semper Fi,
Greg

So , just exactly what are people like me ?

...If you are indeed "old" and a veteran and not just a pretender, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe that you're simply disfunctionally naive and not mind numbingly stupid. Quiting the NRA because you think Nuge avoided the draft is room-temperature-IQ-behavior though, my friend.
Are you refering to pro gun veterans , or people that speak their minds ,
....actually, no, because that would include me.
... and don't take crap from anybody ?
...now you're just sounding like an 8th grader on the playground trying to sound post-pubescent. If you don't become more well spoken, at least take the "old" out of your cyber-moniker. "onesap" might actually be more appropriate.

So who's your buddy , Ted or Jane . I really enjoy seeing Ted excersise the rights he didn't have nads enough to fight for ! You have a nice day Greg , and I support your right to your opinion too !
Tom Selleck also didn't serve, are you equally upset by his involvement? Did you have a hard time differentiating between he and Rosie O'Donnell? Thanks for your service in whatever military branch you chose if in fact your not a wannabe (please tell me you weren't a Marine). I admit that the Nuge leaves alot to be desired on many fronts, but he's been an outspoken voice that communicates "in kind" with the stridency of the left. The NRA has many faults to be sure, but they are far and away the best thing that we have going for us.
Semper Fi,
Greg

Personal insults trump a valid discussion everytime , right ? I'm sure you are a man among men , and a genius to boot . When you resort to personal insults to someone you know nothing about , while hiding behind your keyboard , you sound like a punk ! Just another internet commando , and I won't validate you by any further communication ! Semper-Fi punk .

Don't forget to have your Liberals spayed or neutered !
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Swampman1
Don't get me wrong, I like the AR for it's intended use. I had a pre-ban Colt that I used for USAF High Power matches. They are nice house guns and for law enforcement/security use. I do wish they hadn't taken over the gun shows but I suppose folks will sell whatever people will buy.

I think that people are attracted to what they are used to. I grew up with bolt action rifles and that's what I consider a sporting firearm. The AR platform has been around for 50 years as a US military rifle and that's what a lot of folks trained on and got used to. Much of the rifle competition scene is not dominated by AR platforms. And the younger crown is comfortable with them and will use them for hunting.

Since it is what so many have gotten used to, its only natural that they'd look to buy one.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by moosemike
Never said I wanted to see AR's or any other rifle banned. I shoot AK's myself. I just said I don't really see the need for them in hunting season. It seems to send the wrong message. Like waging war on the game animals or something. It's just a perception, granted, but perception is quite often reality. Someday I might like to find out how well a 7.62X39 works on deer, just not in an AK or SK.

Let "need" come into the equation and soon you'll be hunting w a sharp stick.

Imagine..."what do you "need" that slingshot for, you some kind of nutbag, might poke an eye out,use this here sharp stick instead, so you don't give anyone the wrong impression".

As long as the caliber is legal who gives a rip what platform it eminates from. My $.02, in this realm, perception is rarely reality.

There's always hope as long as there's lead in the air.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
Why do you wish they hadn't taken over? Seriously?

One of the "assault weapons" prior to the AR15 was the 03 springfield. I doubt you have anything against bolt guns in the hunting fields or gun shows.

I actually enjoy getting to look at something that doesn't make me want to put my eyes out.

I get really tired of the claim that an 03 is somehow like an AR. One was a military rifle(the 03 Springfield) and the AR never has been and likely never will be.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Personal insults trump a valid discussion everytime , right ? I'm sure you are a man among men , and a genius to boot . When you resort to personal insults to someone you know nothing about , while hiding behind your keyboard , you sound like a punk ! Just another internet commando , and I won't validate you by any further communication ! Semper-Fi punk .

yah, you're right, I over reacted to your initial comment: "...I place Nugent in the same catagory as Hanoi Jane Fonda..." In reflection, I went overboard with the adversarial verbiage--sorry.

However, since between the two of us, I'm the only one using my real name and recently posted a picture of myself with Bradford O'Connor, your comment, "...hiding behind your keyboard..." and "...internet commando..." rings hollow. I won't dispute being a "punk" since I haven't used the word since the late 60's and don't really know its contemporary usage (although I think that "being punked" today has a meaning unrelated to your intended use)---who knows, I may in fact have transformed into whatever it means today.

So with "valid discussion" as the objective, what is it about Nugent not serving that upsets you more than Selleck or any # of other celebrities and/or conservative pundits/politicians that also "avoided the draft," i.e. the Rush Limbaugh's and Rick Santorum's of the world (both of whom I love btw)??? And why would you let those feelings cause you to not join the NRA, which is the most effective lobbying voice that we have??? No pejoratives on my part, just want and need to figure out your thought process.

BTW, I'd happily pay for your renewal into NRA membership for the first year--after that, if you feel that the Nuge is having a negative impact on the firearms and freedoms that you enjoy, simply let the membership lapse at the end of the year---best offer you'll get today!! :-) PM me if interested.

Last edited by gmoats; 02/17/12.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mudhen
He just received the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation's Wallace Fennell Pate Wildlife Conservation Award at RMEF's annual convention in Las Vegas earlier this month. Not sure quite what all he did to merit RMEF's highest award, but he got it.

RMEF is a leftist organization anyway, so gun control should fit in nicely.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The public chooses what it wants to read and buys magazines, newspapers, books etc accordingly. If a writer (Zumbo) offends his customers, they aren't going to read his stuff or purchase it. Its on him to regain readership. Readers shouldn't have to change their beliefs at the behest of his friends. Companies go out of business all the time because they expect customers to pander to them. Zumbo is just experiencing the same thing.

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FLfiremedic,

Some facts you possibly do not know need airing. Or, are you just being cute with your last post on natural selection.

Writers do not have a direct link to the public! They have publishers and distributors who decide whether or not to print and sell their magazine articles and books. Also, when the issue at hand, is a product purveyed by potential advertising companies, they go to jelly at the first hint of controversy.

So when any number of readers makes a major stink with rhetorical excesses over any ideas expressed by a writer, these companies tend to back off publishing their work even when the volume clearly exceeds the merit of the complaints. The chest thumping critics then, with a fresh scalp under their belts, go even more perpetually postal -- witness the guys here who describe RMEF, and other stalwarts of the hunting sports as "leftists anyway".

The intent? On its face it is little more than trying to bully eveyone else into thinking the same way they do. It works, but not forever. Hitler, Stalin and Mao are the models.

The public which probably could care less and might even welcome a good reasoned argument over a controversial idea never gets a say in the matter -- excpet maybe no on the inet. The drooling pilers-on who never have an independent thought anyway still try to shout down the public. But iits an old act and getting transparent.

1B

Last edited by 1B; 02/17/12.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
1B,

I was being neither cute nor uninformed. I see no need to debate this with you, as your intended or not, actually re-enforces my previous statements. I will add that I agree, Mr. Zumbo is free to write, speak, and have any opinions he wants...with that said I would hope that I am not forced to spend money on his magazines, and that I would not be forced to read his writing.

To steal a very old quote, "You're only as good as your last landing".

I'll close with this: This is a web board on the internet...don't let it get your blood pressure up.

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The Nudge may have avoided the draft, but he did so legally, if he did, indeed. He got a student deferment, which a lot of people did.

At any rate, whatever he did way back then, he's more than made up for since in his public stance on gun rights and hunting rights. At least in my book.

To put him in the same category as Hanoi Jane is laughably absurd.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Zim Jumbo is a joke.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Anjin
... It would be interesting to see exactly what Jim Zumbo wrote that stirred up such a wide ranging discussion. Has anyone actually seen it? Whatever it is, I don't seen any lasting harm given the current state of gun sales in the US. ...

What Zumbo wrote was posted there: http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/assault_rifles_.html It has been removed but I found a copy of his blog entry; this is what he wrote:

Originally Posted by Jim Zumbo in his Outdoor Life blog
Assault Rifles For Hunters? ...The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. ... I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. ...

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms."

This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the prairies and woods.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Zumbo#.22.27Terrorist.27_rifles.22_blog_entry

I just perused some of several and long Fire threads sparked by Zumbo's blog entry in February 2007; the volume of comments, the speed at which comments were posted and the intensity of the feelings expressed are striking.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, aaronward9, 21 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 960 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.