24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny, and pathetic too, that you call Remingtons response to a media hit job propaganda yet say nothing about the motives, agenda, or propaganda put out by the other side.

Your talking about the Walker trigger (RWT)whether you know it or not CCCC.
And how the hell do you expect Remington to fix the Walker trigger without merely replacing it with an inferior X-Mark Pro?

The alleged "problem" is inherent in the RWT and nothing short of replacing it will remove that offensive connector bar.

The RWT has been on all 700s (and 721's 722's 725's M7's and others) from intro in 1962 to sometime in the 90's when they replaced it with the first X-mark trigger.
That is a whole lot of guns!

BTW Steelhead is not a gunsmith but is instead a vastly experienced hunter and rifleman.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
BP-B2

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
One poster suggested that I look at the Remington video and "investigate" for myself - so, I did, again - and still it is propaganda. Have never seen any of the "stuff put out by the other side" as you put it - and that may be propaganda as well. Don't sense any pathos.

You say "the other side" - I don't see or have a "side" here. The rifle malfunctions, dangerously. It is NOT mine. The fellow wants Rem to fix it - have tried to assist him.

Even without guidance from the experts here, I very well understand that trigger setup and, if it were mine, I very well might do something other than send it to Rem.

As are many on this site, no doubt Mr. Steelhead is a a vastly experienced hunter and rifleman, and apparently an OK guy. Apparently, he also works on triggers.

Rather than claiming any knowledge or expertise, rather than using insulting rhetoric, and by simply asking for assistance with this thread, one seems to have invited some mind-readers and odd compensating behavior onto the screen.

All well and good. I have hope. On another occasion, one of these knowledgeable persons probably will help me learn something new and good. And, I will be grateful.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
CCCC

Your buddy is right to not load the gun until the problem is fixed.

He has three options:
gunsmith clean/inspect/adjust
send to Remington
replace with aftermarket.

Of these three, sending it to Remington will probably be the least satisfactory-slow, expensive, and the trigger you get back will have its own issues.

I think replacing it will probably be the choice your buddy makes. People who have a bad trigger have a hard time trusting it going forward, even if logic says it is now fine. He can sell the trigger for $40, and recoup some of the cost of the replacement.

I do agree with the smiths that a proper adjustment and cleaning will probably solve the physical problem, but can do little for the trust issue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess I fail to see what you hoped to accomplish with this thread.
What have you accomplished?

You were given all the options your friend has in the first page.

Have him pick one and get it done. But send that old junky RWT to MColeman, he'd like it.

Don't act all puzzy hurt here either, nobody called you a dumphuck or anything, they merely disagreed with your characterization of the RWT as unsafe. Grow some thicker skin man.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree with Utah that trust in that trigger will not be regained.

IC B2

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, utah708. Concise - appreciated.
nsagam My guess would be that you are probably an OK guy in person, but one can't offer much help with what you cannot read. Follow the thread flow - good info provided at first - then the attacking "expert" arguments appeared - some rather crude. Have to chuckle about your gratuitous mind-reading anaylsis of my psyche - and skin condition - as well as the eventual "trust" of the guy that owns the gun. Since you can read minds, read this: "----------------" !!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read fine and you are a whiny bitch.

You were given great info and you chose to ignore it and act all puzzy hurt.
I really don't care if your feelings are hurt.

Your writing made it very clear that your puzzy was getting irritated, no mind reading involved, you threw it in our face.

Carry on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, I'm a prick in person too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Go back and read the first posts after dogcatcher chimes in... Suddenly CCCC (the C word to the fourth power?) has it all figured out, thanking him for providing nothing of value and no answer to actually fixing the problem...

Makes the subsequent whine funnier... but raises the obvious question of orchestration...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DC223 is a friend of mine on here and we simply have different views on the RWT.

CCCC do put out an epic whine and it was indeed funny.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Mr Belk
Out of morbid couriosity, how much of your income, comes from being the "expert" witness in lawsuits against the various gun manufacturers? For some reason 50% comes to my mind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KEVIN_JAY
Mr Belk
Out of morbid couriosity, how much of your income, comes from being the "expert" witness in lawsuits against the various gun manufacturers? For some reason 50% comes to my mind.

Good question.

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Summation of the wiseguy posts:

1. Being a "Groupie" for whomever is great, unless someone points it out - then it is to be denied.

2. Unless a guy fully agrees and does as the Groupies declare (sinful to not worship the RWT), they are compelled to group henpeck - seems innate.

3. "Know it all" crude speech and name-calling are great and gentlemanly - efforts toward intelligent discourse and polite speech are "whiney".

Interesting universe, there. Although too time-consuming, it was interesting riding along and watching some of you expose yourselves. Thanks, though - did get the info we needed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, you exposed yourself to be the small little whiny man you are.

Asked a question, didn't like the answer, whines.

Hey, I'm not the only one to notice.

Have a great day Sir.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by CCCC
One poster suggested that I look at the Remington video and "investigate" for myself - so, I did, again - and still it is propaganda. Have never seen any of the "stuff put out by the other side" as you put it - and that may be propaganda as well. Don't sense any pathos.

You say "the other side" - I don't see or have a "side" here. The rifle malfunctions, dangerously. It is NOT mine. The fellow wants Rem to fix it - have tried to assist him.

Even without guidance from the experts here, I very well understand that trigger setup and, if it were mine, I very well might do something other than send it to Rem.

As are many on this site, no doubt Mr. Steelhead is a a vastly experienced hunter and rifleman, and apparently an OK guy. Apparently, he also works on triggers.

Rather than claiming any knowledge or expertise, rather than using insulting rhetoric, and by simply asking for assistance with this thread, one seems to have invited some mind-readers and odd compensating behavior onto the screen.

All well and good. I have hope. On another occasion, one of these knowledgeable persons probably will help me learn something new and good. And, I will be grateful.
\

This is what happens when a bitch don't swallow.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
CCCC
Cu*t, Cu(t, Cu^t, Cu&t.

I've got a crisp $50 says that not only did he vote for Obama, but he also wears velcro sneakers. No one could be such an idiot on purpose.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by utah708
CCCC

Your buddy is right to not load the gun until the problem is fixed.

He has three options:
gunsmith clean/inspect/adjust
send to Remington
replace with aftermarket.

Of these three, sending it to Remington will probably be the least satisfactory-slow, expensive, and the trigger you get back will have its own issues.

I think replacing it will probably be the choice your buddy makes. People who have a bad trigger have a hard time trusting it going forward, even if logic says it is now fine. He can sell the trigger for $40, and recoup some of the cost of the replacement.

I do agree with the smiths that a proper adjustment and cleaning will probably solve the physical problem, but can do little for the trust issue.
What he said..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
CCCC
Cu*t, Cu(t, Cu^t, Cu&t.

I've got a crisp $50 says that not only did he vote for Obama, but he also wears velcro sneakers. No one could be such an idiot on purpose.

I won't take that bet.

He do do an epic whine (which isn't really whining it is intelligent discourse)

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm thinking he should hold said rifle to his head to verify the trigger has been adjusted correctly. I'm sure his kids and wife would appreciate it.

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Steelhead: This is what happens when a bitch don't swallow.

CCCC Cu*t, Cu(t, Cu^t, Cu&t.

I'm thinking he should hold said rifle to his head to verify the trigger has been adjusted correctly. I'm sure his kids and wife would appreciate it.

Intelligent Groupie Discourse. Wrong on all counts. Send your $50 to the Campfire's Deserving Veteran Project #2.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
397 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 41 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.