Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Wonder why it took the rifle going off 5 times befor he decided he had a problem?

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Steelhead: This is what happens when a bitch don't swallow.

CCCC Cu*t, Cu(t, Cu^t, Cu&t.
I've got a crisp $50 says that not only did he vote for Obama, but he also wears velcro sneakers. No one could be such an idiot on purpose.I'm thinking he should hold said rifle to his head to verify the trigger has been adjusted correctly. I'm sure his kids and wife would appreciate it.

Intelligent Groupie Discourse. Wrong on all counts. Send your $50 to the Campfire's Deserving Veteran Project #2.

So you're purposefully being an idiot then?

I'm thinking Steelhead was right on all counts but he gave you too much credit.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Steelhead: This is what happens when a bitch don't swallow.

CCCC Cu*t, Cu(t, Cu^t, Cu&t.
I've got a crisp $50 says that not only did he vote for Obama, but he also wears velcro sneakers. No one could be such an idiot on purpose.

I'm thinking he should hold said rifle to his head to verify the trigger has been adjusted correctly. I'm sure his kids and wife would appreciate it.

Intelligent Groupie Discourse. Wrong on all counts. Send your $50 to the Campfire's Deserving Veteran Project #2.

Not according to the text your wife just sent....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnnrsig40
Wonder why it took the rifle going off 5 times befor he decided he had a problem?

Well, he does run with the likes of C squared...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe CCCC's just a plaintiff attorney looking for more plaintiffs or expert witnesses. I'm in the "they don't go off by themselves unless somebody Has their finger on the trigger or monkeys with the trigger or never cleans it" camp. I've had way too many fully-functional Rem 700's to believe the folks that stand to get more money from a lawsuit if we believe them. And if they were following the golden rule at all times, nobody gets shot even if the gun does pull its own trigger. I know......I know.......what about the guy 5 miles away that gets hit by a falling bullet? I guess if that happens, he's either the unluckiest MF'er in the world or it was just his time. You pick which one makes you feel warmer.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been thinking he's a lawyer too.

Now quit being a groupie! grin

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MColeman
Don't throw them in the lake, send them to me. I've adjusted scads of them down to 2-3 pounds with little effort. If your rifle fires when you bump the stock I'll wager somebody has tried to adjust the trigger that didn't know what they were doing and have too little sear engagement.

exactly....There is no problem with Remington triggers.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
From the Campfire Remington video thread:

Originally Posted By: Seafire
I have a Model 700 Long Action that is one of those culprits that has gone off on its own... mine has done it 3 times since I bought it in 1980...Its an ADL.. the last time it did that, a friend was unloading it and it shot a brand new Chevy pickups custom bed and paint job... Since then, I rebarreled it and have used it as a single shot, and pretty much for range duty and a small amount of varmint shooting...I also had the chance to buy a trigger than someone took out to replace with a Timney.. and it hasn't done it since.. however I have never been on the door step whining to Remington...but it has motivated me to buy Savage, Winchester or Ruger over Remingtons... but on a rifle that has done that, I think it is the responsibility of the owner to send it back to Remington, or repair the problem on their own...the first time mine went off, it was over my shoulder and the barrel pointed at the ground and the bullet hit about an inch behind my heel...that shook me up...so I returned it to Remington and they said it was in specs and nothing was wrong... but because of that problem of those 3 times, I admit, I have no intention of selling it and sticking someone else with the problem...

Originally Posted By: JMR40
Saw the video and read the transcript months ago. It was a carefully scripted version prepared by Remington lawyers who did a masterful job of not quite telling the whole truth. Remingtons have been doing this since the 1960's, long before CNBC existed to have an agenda. If anyone watched the CNBC program and learned anything new they are either new to shooting, or have been living under a rock for 30+ years.

The pre-2007 Remington trigger is a flawed design. I've seen a perfectly clean 700 with a factory trigger drop the firing pin with no pull of the trigger. While it is extremely rare, and more likely to happen with a dirty or modified trigger, it can happen at any time to any 700. Remington knows this and has simply been deflecting the issue by trying to blame the shooters.

Originally posted by Jorge:
You guys are wasting your time by providing not only facts but personal experiences with the 700 aficionados. Whilst the chances are extremely slim of an AD and or the rest of the 700's shortcomings, you'll just be labeled a Remington hater. I own ONE 700, a 22-250 heavy barrel SS varmint rifle. Superbly accurate, but I use it exclusively on ground hogs from a fixed position and as a single shot mostly. jorge

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You've located possible plaintiffs for your case.

Congratulations?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty sure Jorge isn't going to be showing up in court.

Seafire either.

JMR, maybe.

Enjoy!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam
You've located possible plaintiffs for your case.

Congratulations?

He is not an attorney. He is a retired educator--a very likeable and knowledgeable fellow who lives in a remote part of Catron County, NM. I have never asked him why his handle is "CCCC", but I suspect that it is because he lives in a place that he calls Casi Cielo in Catron County. I have no idea about his politics but I do know that he is one of the small circle of friends that keep Ken Howell safe and sane.

He posted looking for information and got the usual crap that comes sailing in when a thread goes adrift. Steelhead has had a bad week and I am willing to cut him some slack on his comments, but a couple of you guys should look in the mirror--the assh*le is you.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll accept being an arsehole if CCCC accepts that he wasn't looking for answers when he rejected sound advice from working gunsmiths and accepted the words of others who didn't even provide a legitimate answer.

He had an agenda.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I'll accept being an arsehole if CCCC accepts that he wasn't looking for answers when he rejected sound advice from working gunsmiths and accepted the words of others who didn't even provide a legitimate answer.

He had an agenda.

Your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I will ask him about it the next time I see him.

Ben

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Malm - all is OK - just try to comprehend what has been written. Remington has admitted and owned that trigger problem,...

I'm not a gunsmith, and don't know a thing about this issue other than I've seen it come up in threads from time to time. In my opinion, charging someone $20 + shipping and handling cost can hardly be called "owning a problem." Notice, I didn't make any assertion on the veracity of this trigger issue. But if I wanted my rifle fixed, and the manufacturer was going to charge anyways, I'd let a competent local gunsmith handle it.

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
mudhen, thanks for your kind words. Not expected but much appreciated, and you probably know how much good they will do. Some know that I am about the farthest thing from a lawyer - have never sued or even threatened to sue anyone, and hope I never need to. But, that does not keep inconsiderate and ignorant folks from leaping to unfounded conclusions.

The purpose of this thread was EXACTLY as stated, regardless of any interpretations by "groupies" (somebody here used that term - kinda like it). Thanks to those who contributed good stuff in a good way. And, thanks to a smart, kindly and generous professional on this site, have an excellent solution for my friends faulty Remington. Grateful for that.

So, can't think of anything to "admit". Have been exposed to enough challenges to know how to sort most of the pearls from the pebbles, and how to process data. Some knowledgeable folks present their stuff in an effective (and wholesome) way, others have good stuff to present but something within them gets in the way of their being acceptable. Reminds me of varieties of teachers.

In trying to look for the BEST in people, I deplore useless vulgarity, dumb assumptions, unfounded criticism and ad hominem nastiness. The two guys that turned out to be the biggest jerks in this thread must be otherwise nice and knowledgeable people who have contributed well to other situations - have seen other posts where they seemed in much better form. Maybe they had a bad day, maybe they just don't like some people, maybe ??. No gripes here. Tabula rasa.

Pearls, and pebbles. Time to be DONE.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're full of $hit.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny--when I saw that you had put up a post, I thought the same about you, but couldn't resist looking. You didn't disappoint me. You're going back on ignore along with your alter ego.

Ben

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"DONE" would have been good before you even posted the OP.

All you have to do is search and find that this topic has been beaten to death. A lot of members here are sick and tired of it and a search is VERY SIMPLE. I resisted this thread for a long time and finally read it out of boredom. I rely on my own experiences before I believe any plaintiff attorney or any plaintiff that said something happened and has a financial stake in what they said happened. I feel the hugest of empathy for any person that has accidentally shot another person. But blame needs to lay where blame is due.......and copping out by saying a finger was not on the trigger and the rifle just fired by itself doesn't cut it with me.....because of my experience with the rifle in question. Unfortunately, I've never been selected for one of the juries.......so my opinion is just that. And we all know what they say about opinions. But the fact is that anybody can file a lawsuit for any reason....all they have to have is a filing fee.

It is funny (funny queer....not funny haha) that the gunsmith that is an expert in these cases has made tons of money testifying against Remington. If it wasn't him.......it would have been somebody else in search of the almighty dollar. That is the problem with this nation right now........the dollar rules and not much else matters any more.

<END OF SOLILOQUY>

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Out of curiosity I looked at your profile. I noticed that you have three "UBB Buddies", one of which is "BossLady". That tells me all that I need to know. Are you really Larry?

Ben

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never been accused of that before. I don't use the "buddy" system, but I'm guessing anybody can make you their buddy without your permission. Care to try it?

It may be because I tried to piss him off one time in one of his classified ads. I believe it worked if I recall correctly.

ETA: I believe I had that piece of schitt (bosslady) on ignore at one time. One of the very few that I have ignored.

Last edited by 257heaven; 02/22/12.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
655 members (257Bob, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,927 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.