-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You may be right about the buddy thing--I have never paid much attention to it. If so, I apologize. If I were you, I would edit your profile, but it's your profile and I am not you.

Nonetheless, people post questions on here daily that may have been answered many times. That doesn't make them dumb or stupid. The search engine on the campfire leaves a lot to be desired.

For those that have not seen it (or who have forgotten to bookmark it), this works pretty darned good: http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=016407629494559605640:xponie3lspc

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I cannot edit it. Those are members that have chosen me to be their buddy.....not the other way around. I haven't chosen any buddies........just because I don't know much about it and don't really have time for it anyway. You can try to remove your buddies and see if it works. I can't figure out a way to do it.

I don't believe I did anything that could have offended anyone here. If I have, I'm sorry. Not my intention. The way that CCCC pursued the argument hit me wrong as it did other members here....obviously. And the reason it hit me wrong is because it's been cussed and discussed ad nauseum. But I guess that's my problem.

ETA: I believe the real expert here is Mickey Coleman, who posted early on. He adjusted one of my triggers down to about 2 lbs. It is awesome and the old Remington trigger has very much potential to be just that if adjusted by someone that knows what they're doing.

Last edited by 257heaven; 02/22/12.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boss lady is still around in the guise of interthem and still dispensing pearls of incorrect wisdom as recently as a few hours ago.

Check out the Lee Collet Die thread by TannerGun in the big game reloading forum.

He didn't get a single thing right.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Boss Lady........didn't get a single thing right.

Ha. That proves I'm not him......and he is not me! whistle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
CCCC: The remingtons firing when slamming the butt down, or flipping off the safety is very real. This is well documented.

I have a Rem 700 280ai with a factory untouched trigger that fires with regularity when the safety is flipped to "off."
It has happened about 6 times to me since I bought the gun from here on the fire.
The gun wasn't loaded in any of the instances.

It's a gorgeous southpaw KS, but the trigger is a disaster waiting to happen.
I'll be chitcanning it for a timney or jewel before Spring.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by broomd
CCCC: The remingtons firing when slamming the butt down, or flipping off the safety is very real. This is well documented.

I have a Rem 700 280ai with a factory untouched trigger that fires with regularity when the safety is flipped to "off."
It has happened about 6 times to me since I bought the gun from here on the fire.

Not trying to be an ass.....but how do you know the trigger's untouched if you bought it second-hand....or third-hand??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a thread on the plaintiffs' so-called expert for those that want to know.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6203499/all/Who_is_Jack_Belk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never once had an AD with that rifle and I used it extensively for several years.

Wonder what changed.

I know I never adjusted the trigger but cannot say if it was touched before I owned it.

You know I'd be more than happy to buy that rifle back from you Broomd!

I miss it.

Sorry Broomd, I now realize that you were not referring to the KS I sold you but another one entirely.

You're a KS slut it would seem! grin

Last edited by nsaqam; 02/22/12.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Not trying to be an ass.....but how do you know the trigger's untouched if you bought it second-hand....or third-hand??

No problem.

Well, the owner told me the gun was close to new and that the trigger is untouched. I have no reason to doubt him; it is a nice piece and looks practically new.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I never once had an AD with that rifle and I used it extensively for several years.

Wonder what changed.

I know I never adjusted the trigger but cannot say if it was touched before I owned it.

You know I'd be more than happy to buy that rifle back from you Broomd!

I miss it.

Sorry Broomd, I now realize that you were not referring to the KS I sold you but another one entirely.

You're a KS slut it would seem! grin

No Ken, not your 270 KS; the SS 280ai is the 'lil stinker...[Linked Image]

Last edited by broomd; 02/22/12.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm glad that it isn't that sweet 270 KS I sold you. I would feel badly if I had sold you a dangerous rifle.

I'll still buy it back anytime you want to trip it but you already know that.

Take care.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're still a KS slut! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, guilty as charged. Hey, we all have our guilty pleasures.

That KS .270 is a hell of a rifle...I pull her out of the safe periodically and we reminisce our successful 2011 hunts together... laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably one of the best rifles to come out of their custom shop along with the Alaskan Wilderness Rifle. On day I'll find either one in 280.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mudhen
Funny--when I saw that you had put up a post, I thought the same about you, but couldn't resist looking. You didn't disappoint me. You're going back on ignore along with your alter ego.

You're still full of $hit.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Where are the moderators to remove this garbage??

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Dunno - mods may be groupies.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
CCCC, don't worry. Anytime someone criticizes Remington and their crap triggers, the groupies come out of the woodwork and proclaim it is user error. Obviously the courts found otherwise, especially when the designer himself acknowledges there is an issue.

Good Grief.

What did Mike Walker say when he acknowledged said issue?

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What moderators? Pretty much self-moderated.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let�s take a look at some of the objections:

"It�s an anti-gun conspiracy / CNBC is biased."

Yes, CNBC is biased, and their story contains slanted perspectives and misleading information. What did you expect? However, just because the presentation is biased doesn�t necessarily mean that the core issue isn�t true.

"It must be caused by people fiddling with their trigger adjustments."

No doubt some of the problems are indeed due to improper adjustments. However there are lots of rifles that have adjustable triggers that don�t have anywhere near as many complaints. Something else is going on.

So let's take a look at what it is:

Here's the Remington 700 trigger cocked:

[Linked Image]

The Remington 700 trigger is a bit unusual in that it uses an extra piece, the trigger connector, to refine the trigger pull. The tiny red area is the engagement between the connector and the sear.

When the trigger is pulled, the connector goes forward and returns to this position:

[Linked Image]
For this trigger to operate safely it is essential that when the rifle is cocked the trigger connector return 100% to the proper position, pushed there by only the light weight trigger spring.

See the red area between the trigger shoe and the trigger connector when the rifle is uncocked? That's the problem area. Any tiny speck of dirt, rust, ice or other material that gets in there will prevent the connector from engaging the sear properly. This can result in the safety keeping the sear from falling instead of the trigger connector. When the safety is released, the gun fires.

With all this in mind, let's take a look at a couple more objections:

�I�ve owned a Remington 700 for forty years and fired thousands of rounds and never had a problem.�

Good for you. This problem doesn�t happen very often, simply because it�s fairly difficult for stuff to work its way into the proper area of the trigger. But this is not a question of a few defective guns; it�s a design weakness that could affect any of the millions of guns with this trigger. If you haven�t had a problem, it�s because nothing has worked its way into your trigger.

Yet.

"This only happens on dirty or neglected guns."

This is more likely to happen on a dirty or neglected gun. However, a grass seed or a bit of pine needle could make this happen on an otherwise pristine gun.

"No one would have been hurt if they followed The Rules of Gun Safety."

True enough. You should always treat your gun as though it could go off at any moment. That doesn't excuse making a rifle that actually does it.

Serious discussion welcomed. Juvenile name calling will be cheerfully ignored.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1minute, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 70 invisible), 2,172 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,210
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.