Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Nice. blew up a kimber cdpII custom 5 years ago. welcome to the club. the aluminum frame absorbed most of the energy rather than my hand.

BP-B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Make note of the ammo lot # and keep it seperate ,it maybecome an issue. i've had factory ammo that would not chamber,so the fault could have been with a bad rd. ~~Chaser1

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP
For SECURITY."-_Norman Vincent Peale-____________________REMEMBER. "SECURITY
WITHOUT LIBERTY Is Called PRISON."---J.L.W
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
This was factory ammo that detonated?

O

A factory round was the last round the pistol fired.

You have a paycheck coming in the form of a settlement, either through Browning or the ammunition company or possibly both.

Get an attorney; it's not too late.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Quick! Somebody pass me a glass of Kool Aid!

Seriously, hope you make a full recovery.

Pete

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
What handload were you using ? E

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Eremicus
What handload were you using ? E

Sorry, I will not post my loads.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Oh ? And why is that ? Don't you want us to know what to avoid ? E

Last edited by Eremicus; 02/22/12.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

There is nothing to be avoided. My many loads for the 5.7x28 are safe, reliable and proven. The last 50 rounds fired were factory SS197. I have not and will post any detailed information that is not relavant to my initial post. When this is all said and done, PM me and I will share my load data with you.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think you're handling this whole situation like a standup guy, Fair Chase.

Best of luck to you man.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He just did! From the looks of that picture I'd avoid the 5.7X28! grin

Travis

IC B3

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
While I have not followed the Five Seven it is the first I had heard of them firing OOB. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
what brand is the reflex sight?
Is it still working?

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I wonder if the added weight of that optical sight changed the operating dynamics?

The Burris FF II was on the pistol since day one and the pistol operated fine up to this point.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Good ad for them, if it can still work!
contemplating one for my G20..

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Good ad for them, if it can still work!
contemplating one for my G20..

It appears to still work. I have another on a PMR30. Maybe I can get an endorsement deal from Burris?

Surgery scheduled for Feb 27 with a hand surgeon. Will require removing nerve tissue from the lower calf area to repair the severed nerves to the thumb and outside palm area.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I was wondering what load he used because of another thread we saw not long ago with another blown 5.7. That guy was also using handloads. Handloads which are not listed in any of the loading data that I am aware of.
Is this the same guy ?
Was he using the same load or something like it ?
Did the handloads damage the gun to where it came apart, even if it didn't come apart with his handloads ?
How about the 30 rd., non stock magazine ? Can that affect the functioning of the gun ?
I'm suspicious of this whole post. He's quite willing to tell us about it, but not the loads used. In spite of the fact that he has already admited to using handloads and admited to firing something like 70 rds. in 5-7 mins.
On top of all this, he's posting this on the internet as he's claiming damages. E

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well, he's been posting here for some time. So if he became a member in 2009 in order to establish credibility once he unleashed his diabolical-exploding-handgun-get-rich-quick-plan, that would make him one calculating SOB. If that were the case, he may be better suited for the destruction of Superman, than marketing terrorism.

I think he has been very frank about the entire ordeal and has disclosed plenty of information about it. It is not unlikely that somebody may have advised him not to give any further technical information. If he doesn't feel comfortable posting anything more about it, I don't see the problem.

Do you have the link to the other blown 5.7? Because I really do still want one of these.

I know you have one E, and I know you like it. I don't think anybody is saying they are junk. Just that this one may have fired OOB and came un-[bleep]'-glued!

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did a case shear in half leaving the case neck in the chamber and the next round try to chamber, but fire out of battery?

I am not familiar with this pistol, but usually there is a block on the firing pin so that will not happen.

SKSs have slam fired with grease on the firing pin.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I was wondering what load he used because of another thread we saw not long ago with another blown 5.7. That guy was also using handloads. Handloads which are not listed in any of the loading data that I am aware of.
Is this the same guy ?
Was he using the same load or something like it ?
Did the handloads damage the gun to where it came apart, even if it didn't come apart with his handloads ?
How about the 30 rd., non stock magazine ? Can that affect the functioning of the gun ?
I'm suspicious of this whole post. He's quite willing to tell us about it, but not the loads used. In spite of the fact that he has already admited to using handloads and admited to firing something like 70 rds. in 5-7 mins.
On top of all this, he's posting this on the internet as he's claiming damages. E

Amazing how people are are judgemental, assumptive and suspicious. I understand how the internet world we live has altered how we interact and in this case how many have false assumptions regarding my factual post. Based on your comments, you know more than I do about the incident and what I am doing. If your public questions/challenges are genuine, how about sending a PM with your questions??

Marty

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Marty,

Eremicus continues to display an aggressive, pervasive ignorance no matter the forum. Normally his stupidity is contained on the Optics Forum where he makes value judgements about rifle scopes he's never held or looked through. Ignore his foolish, boorish behavior; he's a moron of the lowest order.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
322 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 308Palma, 1beaver_shooter, 44 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,725
Posts18,400,614
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.