Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
link

JERUSALEM, Israel -- Unknown assailants spray painted blasphemous graffiti on a church building that's home to several Christian congregations in downtown Jerusalem.

The vandalism, which could be part of an ongoing campaign against non-Jewish religious sites, led to a show of goodwill by neighbors and others.

Vandals sprayed messages of hate -- slurs against Jesus including, "We'll crucify you" and "Death to Christianity" -- in Hebrew on the walls of the Baptist House.

"It's not just defacing, there's a message there," Dr. Al Nucciarone, senior pastor of the Jerusalem Baptist Church, told CBN News.

"Obviously people don't like Christians being here and don't like Jesus or don't respect Jesus for sure," he said.

It's not the first time the Baptist House has been attacked. In 2007, vandals broke into the sanctuary and torched chairs and hymnals. In 1982, arsonists burned the original wooden building to the ground.

But the latest incident brought out the best in the neighborhood.

"We're sad there are extremists who would take things into their own hands like this, but we're also heartened by the outpouring of sympathy from neighbors and people of goodwill, whom I believe are the majority," Charles Kopp, senior pastor of the Narkis Street Congregation, told CBN News.

"People are very sympathetic when something like this happens," Pastor Nucciarone said.

"We'll get a lot of support. Even my friend Barry, [he's] Jewish, came with his rabbi from the conservative synagogue in Arnona because they heard about it and they were quite disgusted about what happened and even wanted to call the mayor's religious affairs person," he said.

Police are investigating whether the vandalism is connected to earlier attacks this month on a Jerusalem monastery and mosque.

Dr. Mordechai Zaken, head of the Ministry of Public Security's Desk of Minority Affairs, paid a solidarity visit.

"I'm here to show my support, my solidarity, my friendship, not only me. I think I represent the overwhelming majority of Israeli citizens," Zaken said.

He also pointed out that this kind of incident wouldn't have garnered such press coverage 10 years ago.

"It also shows Israeli society is more tuned [in], more careful about this kind of thing�so we are progressing, slowly but surely," he said.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
^

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Can't understand the hate inside a person that would be enough to make them want to write such blasphemy.

It's unfortunate for their souls.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
who knows who wrote the stuff?

beyond that, the Orthodox Jews probably don't support the Messianic Jews all that much.

the Baptists? even less so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing new there.

Could be worse.

Was, once.

Lutherans used to drown Baptists.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Vandals sprayed messages of hate -- slurs against Jesus including, "We'll crucify you" and "Death to Christianity" -- in Hebrew on the walls of the Baptist House.

Naughty muzzie at work, I'm thinkin'.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeez, and to think-there wasn't a single riot after this, and no one burned our president in effigy....... 'guess they haven't been paying attention to their Muslim brothers.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's all in how you're raised.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
fighting over religion in Jerusalem?

OH NO?

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Walker

Naughty muzzie at work, I'm thinkin'.
Hebrew is the language of Israel. Muzzie residents included.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (444Matt, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 19 invisible), 1,745 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,182
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.