Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Check out the new Zeiss victory bino.......hopefully they'll keep it under $3000

http://www.foto-wannack.de/fernglas...victory-ht-10x42-und.html#previous-photo

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
BP-B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
no mention of a field flattener in the translation.... looks like a victory FL with probably a mARginal increase in glass quality (HOW MUCH BETTER COULD IT GET), same bulky ABK prism system in a redesignED (slc-hd like short hinge) body

werent the victory FL's 95%?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
http://www.orniwelt.de/products/Fernglaeser/Zeiss/Victory-HT/Zeiss-Victory-HT-8x42.html

With the HT Victory 8x42 binoculars premium experience nature in a new dimension: up to 95% transmission. This value is a revolutionary and innovative optical Ergebmis concept of Carl Zeiss. HT-glasses from Schott, Carl Zeiss T * multi-coating and the use of the Abbe-Konig prism system - the Victory HT unrivaled bright and high contrast, thereby extending the observation time is critical. Unique to the Victory HT also presented from the outside and shows that need to be innovative, elegant design and compact size are no contradictions. Just as innovative: the ergonomics. The new Comfort-Focus Concept boasts a large focusing ring, which is stored twice in the new Double-Link Bridge. This makes it extremely robust and very relaxed and easy to use.

Zeiss Victory 8x42 HT

The 8-fold magnification of this model provides a particularly large SehfeldSehfeld and allows a long observation with still images. With more than 5mm exit pupil eye relief and overwhelming transmission values provided by the Zeiss Victory 8x42 HT extremely bright images even under adverse lighting conditions.

Delivery: bag, carrying strap, eyepiece and lens cap.

Warranty: 10 years!

Last edited by DAMARA; 02/28/12.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
im more excited about the swarovision 8x32 but i doubt ill spend that money considering the 8x32EL i have is very useable

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I would bet the 10 year warranty you showed is for Europe, not the USA. They're not that stupid I don't think.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
They look neat. But how much better can u get!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes, no field flattener lenses in the eyepieces-this would slightly lower the light transmission values-and Zeiss vowed never to use them. Zeiss's claim to fame continues to be brightness with the most efficient roof prism available (abbe konig).

I guess you have the Swarovision and nikon edg2 if you want field flatteners.

Swarovski offers a choice of the Swarovision or slightly brighter SLC HD both with better contrast than the original Victory FL.

The previous Victory FL was 93%+ brightness but its build quality in respect to its rubber armoring left much to be desired.

Me personally I own a victory fl in 10x but I am finding that brightness is not everything, I loving the rich/contrasty and bright view of the Swarovski EL 8.5x42 I just picked up. Its one of the last ones made with the improved focus and coatings that the last El's and SLC NEU's received. IMO these late EL's and SLC NUE's are best buys.

Don't know if I will go Zeiss again.

The new Conquest HD may be a good one for the price.

Last edited by Timberbuck; 02/28/12.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Mike Jensen here, President of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics USA. I can't let the cat out of the bag just yet, the USA press release is coming in a few weeks.... but needless to say, as a lifetine western hunter, The new Victory HT is SIMPLY INCREDIBLE smile The first real "super premium binocular" built by hunters, for hunters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mike, I'm sure it'll be great. See if you can't keep the price tag under, say, 3k, okay? laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
flat field? sweet spot any bigger than FL? astigmatism better corrected?

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by MJensen
The first real "super premium binocular" built by hunters, for hunters.
this needs clarification..is swarovski not super premium or not built by hunters of for hunters??? LOL

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Can't give any details BC it's not fair to our media stream and our product launch strategy, but you will not be disappointed, price, resolution, flat field distortions, transmission, durability... all better.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Metal or plastic body?

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I was a sales manager at Swarovski (8 years there)back in the day when we launched that product. They make great product also, but all super premium bino manufacturers add give-and-take features for both hunting and birding consumers. This will be a core hunting product.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Can't give any details BC it's not fair to our media stream and our product launch strategy, but you will not be disappointed, price, resolution, flat field distortions, transmission, durability... all better.

You could always send me a free pair to test... grin

Dink

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Gotta run. Nice chatting. Keep your eyes peeled for the press release late next week.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Will do thanks for coming by

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes thanks for the info.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mike Jensen here, President of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics USA. I can't let the cat out of the bag just yet, the USA press release is coming in a few weeks.... but needless to say, as a lifetine western hunter, The new Victory HT is SIMPLY INCREDIBLE smile The first real "super premium binocular" built by hunters, for hunters.

For me the current reference for a hunting bino is the Swaro SLC HD. If Zeiss can beat that, I�ll be in line to buy a pair of HTs.

I also hope it comes in a hunter green armor, again Swaro style, given your statement bellow�

I was a sales manager at Swarovski (8 years there)back in the day when we launched that product. They make great product also, but all super premium bino manufacturers add give-and-take features for both hunting and birding consumers. This will be a core hunting product.

Aic

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If its more than 2400-2500.00 they can keep it. The SLC HD is more than awesome for any hunter under 2k... Just my 2 cents!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
428 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,917
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.