Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
It's possible the guy was an official something or other but was dressed or carrying outside of policy and got nervous when called on it.
That's what I think it was.

You called him on it?

Dink

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I saw the produce manager there and asked him if he knew why that guy was openly carrying a sidearm.

Zombie fruit?

Are you serious?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WTM45
I saw the produce manager there and asked him if he knew why that guy was openly carrying a sidearm.

Zombie fruit?

Are you serious?
Not following you.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Like the "produce manager" would know. Damn.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You never know where them dang zombies might be hiding! eek laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Field_Hand
i've never understood the open carry. maybe it was someone that was proud they had just received their permit, and wanted to try it out.
The permit specifically states that open carry is a big no no, and will result in loss of the license and arrest. Recently, an exception was carved into that to allow accidental exposure of the firearm to public view, but that's quite a different thing from this situation.

I would hope so.....it's concealed only here in MS but they are no where near as anal about it as it sounds like Florida is.......what about vehicles in Florida? Is it supposed to be completely hidden in them too?

Reason I ask is that me and my family are headed down there for vacation Friday and I will be armed as always smile

Last edited by Boococky; 02/29/12.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Boococky
i've never understood the open carry. maybe it was someone that was proud they had just received their permit, and wanted to try it out.
The permit specifically states that open carry is a big no no, and will result in loss of the license and arrest. Recently, an exception was carved into that to allow accidental exposure of the firearm to public view, but that's quite a different thing from this situation.

I would hope so.....it's concealed only here in MS but they are no where near as anal about it as it sounds like Florida is.......what about vehicles in Florida? Is it supposed to be completely hidden in them too?

Reason I ask is that me and my family are headed down there for vacation Friday and I will be armed as always smile
Yep. Needs to be concealed now. Even in a car.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm betting the guy didn't move along at a quicker pace because TRH gave him the hairy eyeball, I'm thinking it was because he could tell TRH is a nut job and wasn't about to listen to some cop wannabe stories.

It also could have been the nunchucks shoved down TRH's pants. Thinking the guy don't like talking to other men with wood.

That is the most logical answer yet!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Boococky

Yep. Needs to be concealed now. Even in a car.

Gotcha......I usually keep my stuff pretty well covered up, but sometimes I keep on between me and the console and 1/2 of it can be seen.....just wanna cover my ass. Thanks

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm betting the guy didn't move along at a quicker pace because TRH gave him the hairy eyeball, I'm thinking it was because he could tell TRH is a nut job and wasn't about to listen to some cop wannabe stories.

It also could have been the nunchucks shoved down TRH's pants. Thinking the guy don't like talking to other men with wood.

That is the most logical answer yet!
Kindly, don't feed the tolls.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
TRH I find your post as you being the troll. I think what steelhead wrote was a toned down nice way to say get a life.

I can only go by what you stated in your orginal post. Going by that my first impression is the guy is some sorta LEO.

If you were truly so concerned why didn't you call 911 on the spot? I have to again believe by your orginal post that you were more intrigued by his open carry then anything else.

5 pages of a bunch of nonsense because you are fishing for some conspereicy theory.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
TRH I find your post as you being the troll. I think what steelhead wrote was a toned down nice way to say get a life.

I can only go by what you stated in your orginal post. Going by that my first impression is the guy is some sorta LEO.

If you were truly so concerned why didn't you call 911 on the spot? I have to again believe by your orginal post that you were more intrigued by his open carry then anything else.

5 pages of a bunch of nonsense because you are fishing for some conspereicy theory.
Wow! That's quite a stretch there, junior. You off your meds today?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
So why didn't you dial 911 on the spot? You were and still are so concerned.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Make a citizens arrest on him? I don't really care if someone is open carrying or not! Leagal or illegal, I care about their actions, if a guy is acting irrational, nervous, irate, arguing, or making gestures that would cause fear or panic than sure I would care. The guy was shopping in a store doing his own thing. If he was causing a disturbance or another issue than it would be different. If it was that big of deal you should have called the police. I learn not to screw with people unless they screw with me. By you going over to him and looking at him and his weapon you are looking for a problem in my opinion. Not very smart.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Agreed

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Wow! That's quite a stretch there, junior. You off your meds today?

little beady eyes in the dark, negroes in pickups, vac sealed shower gun, fluoride, ron paul fanaticism and now suspicious persons practicing open carry in grocery stores.....this schitt just keeps getting funnier all the time! laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Esox357
By you going over to him and looking at him and his weapon you are looking for a problem in my opinion. Not very smart.

Probably a quick glance over the shoulder as he scurried to find the produce manager for comfort...

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Esox357
Make a citizens arrest on him? I don't really care if someone is open carrying or not! Leagal or illegal, I care about their actions, if a guy is acting irrational, nervous, irate, arguing, or making gestures that would cause fear or panic than sure I would care. The guy was shopping in a store doing his own thing. If he was causing a disturbance or another issue than it would be different. If it was that big of deal you should have called the police. I learn not to screw with people unless they screw with me. By you going over to him and looking at him and his weapon you are looking for a problem in my opinion. Not very smart.
Ridiculous characterization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
little beady eyes in the dark, negroes in pickups, vac sealed shower gun, fluoride, ron paul fanaticism and now suspicious persons practicing open carry in grocery stores.....this schitt just keeps getting funnier all the time! laugh

I am envious... I don't have a fancy Vacuum Sealer
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Is that you, TM? How do you like the LCR?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (300_savage, 264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,490 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,435
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.