24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This has been posted here twice, but until it came out with the "California Crazy" title, nobody would read it.

wink

Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
He needs to tell the all GFY!

He already did.

The letter sent by California Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom to Dan Richards...

February 27, 2012

Mr. Daniel W. Richards
President, California Fish and Game Commission
1416 Ninth Street, Suite 1320
Sacramento, CA 95814
President Richards,

Thank you for more than 4 years of service to the people of California as a member of the California Fish and Game Commission. Unfortunately, recent events make it clear that you cannot continue in any capacity on the Commission. (California wildlife official in hot water over mountain lion hunt, San Jose Mercury News, February 17, 2012) I must confess to a personal interest in this issue above those of my current office. As you may know, my father, Judge William Newsom is a long-time mountain lion protection advocate and past president of the Mountain Lion Preservation Foundation. Additionally, I have personally worked for the protection of these majestic animals and their habitat.

While not in California at the time, your actions call into question whether you can live up to the calling of your office. Since 1870 the Commission has worked to manage the wildlife resources of our state. As president of the commission, I am sure you understand that merely complying with the conservation laws of California is not the standard by which the Commission or its members are measured. As is stated on the Commission's website, your actions should be in the "best interest of the resource and truly reflect(s) the wishes and needs of the people."

I do appreciate that you did nothing illegal in Idaho, but it is clear that your actions do not reflect the values of the people of California. In 1972, Governor Ronald Reagan signed legislation banning the sport hunting of mountain lions in California for 5 years. That ban was twice renewed before the voters of California passed Proposition 117 in June 1990.

I'm sure I needn't remind you of the many challenges facing California and the important work ahead for the Commission. Your continued presence on the Commission is a distraction from those important issues.

As such, I am prevailing on your sense of civic service to respectfully request you resign, effective immediately, so we can move on to the pressing issues facing our great state.

Sincerely,

Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom

The letter put out by Dan Richards.
(Bless you Dan, you speak for so many of us!)

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good for him and the sensible people in California...you guys sure have more than your fair share of dumbasses Harry.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I do appreciate that you did nothing illegal in Idaho, but it is clear that your actions do not reflect the values of the people of California.

Gag a maggot

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Keith.
You know, I've defended California's avid sportsmen for a long time, much to the monotony of many here.
I wake up, drive to work, come home to my mountain home and really don't submerge myself in the liberal, treehuggin bullsh*t that pours out of California's liberal urban cesspools.
This uproar really pissed me off....badly.

I love where I live and the hunting and fishing that I'm so fortunate to have at my doorstep.

When I read those comments, and they are in every major newspaper in this state, my blood just boils.
I could truly throw in the [bleep] towel right now, this whole debacle just makes me sick to my stomach.
I'm getting a serious desire to dump this place ASAP., only it ain't that easy.
I'll have enough time on the books in August to retire.
My wife is just so attached to family here that I'm not sure I could convince her to leave.
One of my best friends moved to Western Montana a few years ago and urges me to go.
He is a hunting & trapping fool that most here couldn't compete with, so he tells me that even though I'm a Californian I'd fit in too.
I apologize to all those that have been right about this place all along.
I'll be trying to cling to my roots until the time is right.

You are a bunch of good folks and I hope I can be welcome as a neighbor some day.

Proud NRA Life Member
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
You guys know what needs doing.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Harry you would be welcome anywhere. It is hard to believe people can be that stupid, but they exist everywhere. I'm not sure they will be smart enough to handle a real problem when it arises.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G*d, what a bunch of idiots.

The comments below the article were unbelievable. These are the same people who advocate murdering the unborn, er, fetuses.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by broomd

The comments below the article were unbelievable. These are the same people who advocate murdering the unborn, er, fetuses.

Wow those are some screwed up folks. Must have to be a facebook perp to log a comment..lucky for them I am not on facebook....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Salmonella, Harry, We're not on a first name basis, but I Just wanna wish you the best.

Sad a guy like you has had this happen where you live.
Good luck what ever you eventually decide to do.
Hard choices.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by broomd

Wow those are some screwed up folks. Must have to be a facebook perp to log a comment..lucky for them I am not on facebook....

Neither am I, my friend.
If I were I would have cut loose on those sh*tpiles...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steers and Queers... rule in California!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Thanks Keith.
You know, I've defended California's avid sportsmen for a long time, much to the monotony of many here.
I wake up, drive to work, come home to my mountain home and really don't submerge myself in the liberal, treehuggin bullsh*t that pours out of California's liberal urban cesspools.

I love where I live and the hunting and fishing that I'm so fortunate to have at my doorstep.

When I read those comments, and they are in every major newspaper in this state, my blood just boils.
I could truly throw in the [bleep] towel right now, this whole debacle just makes me sick to my stomach.
My wife is just so attached to family here that I'm not sure I could convince her to leave.
One of my best friends moved to Western Montana a few years ago and urges me to go.
He is a hunting & trapping fool that most here couldn't compete with, so he tells me that even though I'm a Californian I'd fit in too.

You are a bunch of good folks and I hope I can be welcome as a neighbor some day.

There is one thing to consider here, we are reading the comment section of newspapers conservatives no longer read. Should you find a comment section on an internet news site, I would be surprised if it showed the same level of liberal idiocy.

Here is the same article in the Santa Cruz paper, SC by the way which is as liberal as liberal gets. Here we give back as good as we get in the comment section.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_20066209?source=most_viewed

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like his response.

He should have added a picture of him flipping them off or him with the lion.

grin

Unlike Sal, I live close to the liberals (eek) but I am in the country so I do not see them until I have to drive into a bigger city.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a war boys, quit riding those who decide to stay and wage it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
wow , that is going to far to ask someone to resign because of pursuing something legal , i was in california for 3 months in 1984 made me sick then ........

i dont need a ultra mag, i know how to shoot my 30-06

having that obama sticker on your car might as well say " Yes i'm stupid "

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that UCLA guy has some good comments! smirk

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
The California hunters who sit on their thumbs about this and let the man get railroaded are going to regret it....
It's not like it's not a VERY clear warning.

Anyone can call

Contact Gov. Brown 916-445-2841 and tell him you support Commissioner Richards.

Contact the California Fish & Game Commission 916-653-4899 and support Commissioner Richards.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jryoung
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
The California hunters who sit on their thumbs about this and let the man get railroaded are going to regret it....
It's not like it's not a VERY clear warning.

Anyone can call

Contact Gov. Brown 916-445-2841 and tell him you support Commissioner Richards.

Contact the California Fish & Game Commission 916-653-4899 and support Commissioner Richards.

I'm not sure why some think we sit around and do nothing, outnumbered is outnumbered.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
i am calling tomorrow myself, thanks for the number , i dont have to look for it now

i dont need a ultra mag, i know how to shoot my 30-06

having that obama sticker on your car might as well say " Yes i'm stupid "

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Thanks Keith.

You too huh? Well once you leave you forfeit the right to complain. Well, when you get there, you can tell em you knew one who didn't give up.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
770 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,977 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,716
Posts18,400,390
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.