24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am Californian by birth. I have and use my hunting license. I am trapped by debt and family for the next few years at least. i shall fight the fight until I cannot fight any more. Then I'll move out and fight some more.

This is hunting today. Gun ownership tomorrow. Motorcycles/atvs/cigarettes next. Pedophile reclassed as "Younger attracants" soon afterward unless we fight for our culture and our country. The dumb majority goes along with the Hollyweird crowd so we must speak up. If reason doesn't work on them then we must get hot babes and hollywood hunks as out poster children. Then we can get some recognition.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live in California, we have mountain lions in my area, when they have problems such as eating our livestock mountain lions get eaten, they are actually pretty damn good. [bleep] em if the bleeding hearts can't let us do what we need to do to protect our property.

Shoot em, shovel em, shut up.

They sure as hell aren't endangered, in fact they are too numerous for the proper ranges they need, this causes them to get too close to people and their animals which is not good.

I'll do my part, I see no reason I should have to call a state hunter to do what I can do,

just sayin.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I guess that Californians have decided that their laws apply to their citizens no matter what state they happen to be in or what that state's laws happen to be. If he shot a deer in Texas, would he have to wait until it was deer season in California to do so? Why does this whole situation not surprise me?

Harry
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ronald Reagan was the first to ban the hunting of Mountain Lions?

Wow.

I will make a few calls and send some emails. I hope the game commissioner prevails but see little hope for California. The votes are in the cities and that's where the idiots reside.

I hate to say it, but yer doomed.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Guess this proves the "think" can be taken out of this threads title

Si vis pacem para bellum
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We think it's full of crazy people????

Hah.. That ship left port about 50 years ago.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I guess that Californians have decided that their laws apply to their citizens no matter what state they happen to be in or what that state's laws happen to be. If he shot a deer in Texas, would he have to wait until it was deer season in California to do so? Why does this whole situation not surprise me?

No, not Californians, liberals who live in CA.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bark I'm on your side. I went to California once expecting to hate the place. Wife wanted to visit her g-father before he died. I went under duress.

I discovered that away from the cities there are some awfull good folks there but there just ain't enough of them to outvote the liberal city dwellers.

I know it must be hell on you having to watch a place you know and love go to the devil because of outside forces you have no control over whipping up on the good folks.

I hope you all can change it but I don't think the odds are good in your favor.

Quando Omni Moritati
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The voters in Austin, Houston and Dallas give us fits too.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ain't that the living truth. frown

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
mt. lions are a warm fuzzy for the velcor wearing save the planet group not reconizing they are a very efficient predator.
A long time ago, talking to a arizona game & fish officer about california and it's policy of lions. Ariz does get visits from california game and fish guys, seminars, and so on. It was the common concensus between the calif guys and arizona guys it was only a matter of time when lions started munching fluffy the poodle and people, which is happening from time to time here and there. Not to long ago a young lion was treed at a golf course in prescott, darted, then killed. A huge outcry from california transplants about killing the poor kitty.
Now a few years ago i attended a arizona game and fish meeting where they were discussing lions. Much changed these days from the old days on how you can take them. BUT i still can get a tag for about 14bucks which is good for a year which allows me to pop a kitty. But i am not allowed to shoot a kitty with cubs or a lactating female. Asked az game and fish about this on how you can tell she is lactating at 100yards. He laughed and said 'HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIVED IN ARIZONA?" He said carry a shovel and if an error was made, the worms got to eat too.
We have had a number of incidents in recent years within arizona between humans and the big cats. I am pretty sure there are several big toms living in the city limits of prescott. But the response would be different here if confronted by one. Excepting if you were a transplant from another area.
I remember coming accross a guy up near williams a couple of years ago in his cute little helmet, pants etc riding a mt bike in prime lion country. Told him he ought to rethink that, he looked kind of like a slow moving deer. Don't think he understood, and he was unarmed.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Bark I'm on your side. I went to California once expecting to hate the place. Wife wanted to visit her g-father before he died. I went under duress.

I discovered that away from the cities there are some awfull good folks there but there just ain't enough of them to outvote the liberal city dwellers.

I know it must be hell on you having to watch a place you know and love go to the devil because of outside forces you have no control over whipping up on the good folks.

I hope you all can change it but I don't think the odds are good in your favor.

I have went to california since the 50's, and it was a wonderful place. Not so much any more. Those urban populations centers control the state. In the outlying areas it's God's country, filled with a lot of nice folks. That are always under the gun from the wingnuts in the big cities. I tell people it is a combination of too much dope for too many years, and floride in the water.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your proving the OP's point, Barksalot

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
California looks at all of us who live here as her subjects and believes that what ever is illegal here is illegal for us to do anywhere, sort of the way the Fed feels about you earning money outside America or using drugs. O maybe it isnt only CA.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Mountain lion hunting in California was first banned by Gov. Ronald Reagan in 1972 in five-year increments."

Interesting factoid!

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DP4
"Mountain lion hunting in California was first banned by Gov. Ronald Reagan in 1972 in five-year increments."

Interesting factoid!

And RR was democrat at one time as well...the guy wasn't perfect.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by DP4

Interesting factoid!

And RR was democrat at one time as well...the guy wasn't perfect.
Anybody know what the population of lions in Cali was in 1972?

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jryoung
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
The California hunters who sit on their thumbs about this and let the man get railroaded are going to regret it....
It's not like it's not a VERY clear warning.

Anyone can call

Contact Gov. Brown 916-445-2841 and tell him you support Commissioner Richards.

Contact the California Fish & Game Commission 916-653-4899 and support Commissioner Richards.

I just called the governor of CA, the CA Fish and Game Commission, my state senator, and my state assemblymen, and gave them my support of Dan Richards legally hunting mt lion in Id. If they were democrats, which all were except my assemblyman, they got a real earfull of my disgust with them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Thanks Keith.
You know, I've defended California's avid sportsmen for a long time, much to the monotony of many here.
I wake up, drive to work, come home to my mountain home and really don't submerge myself in the liberal, treehuggin bullsh*t that pours out of California's liberal urban cesspools.
This uproar really pissed me off....badly.

I love where I live and the hunting and fishing that I'm so fortunate to have at my doorstep.

When I read those comments, and they are in every major newspaper in this state, my blood just boils.
I could truly throw in the [bleep] towel right now, this whole debacle just makes me sick to my stomach.
I'm getting a serious desire to dump this place ASAP., only it ain't that easy.
I'll have enough time on the books in August to retire.
My wife is just so attached to family here that I'm not sure I could convince her to leave.
One of my best friends moved to Western Montana a few years ago and urges me to go.
He is a hunting & trapping fool that most here couldn't compete with, so he tells me that even though I'm a Californian I'd fit in too.
I apologize to all those that have been right about this place all along.
I'll be trying to cling to my roots until the time is right.

You are a bunch of good folks and I hope I can be welcome as a neighbor some day.

Stand and fight, leaving does nothing as they will be everywhere eventually, and frankly already are, just in different numbers.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
657 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.