Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This almost sounds as though it's permissible to have some variation in ingredients. Is that right? (Must be a regional thing.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB2

fink65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I would hope so, because food is all about personal preferences and experimentation. Bet you folks wouldn't believe me if I told you that peanut butter is good on bacon and tomato sandwiches?-Mike

Last edited by fink65; 03/01/12. Reason: spelling

A PHD Won't help you if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just use the basic ingredients and adjust according to your tastes.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by fink65
I would hope so, because food is all about personal preferences and experimentation. Bet you folks wouldn't believe me if I told you that peanut butter is good on bacon and tomato sandwiches?-Mike

ummmmm...remember me? I'm the guy who always says make and eat it like you want and mean it. BUT....

NO...no....no...no....NO!!!!!!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks fink, I'm gonna be all over this recipe.

Just so you know, I'm the biggest fan of Nebraska's Pro NFL team that there ever was..................................

IC B2

fink65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Kenneth- If we had one, I would still be a GB fan. NOT KIDDING!-Mike

A PHD Won't help you if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Jim's,
I still have my tee shirt. Wear it to special events after 18 years. My sister lived in Philly for 3 years. We would drive down just to get a steak and wiz at Jims.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jim's is the place I go to.

I like it!

There are a number of lesser known places though...they seem to be pretty decent as well.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Philly cheese steak sandwiches are made with shaved ribeye steak and one of two cheeses. Either melted cheese (cheese Whiz) crap slathered on the bread or American. Sharp American is best if you can find it. You can make it an Italian Cheese Steak by adding a jardineer or fried celery, onions, and peppers.

I use the Hobart down at my rod and gun club to shave a pile of venison each year to do the same. Once in a while, I'll put a ribeye through it. You'll pay $10 a pound for shaved ribeye at the butchers so it's worth doing a bunch and making freezer bags.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Mike,
isnt there another place called Sallys? I remember some pretty serious discussion about one or the other or another being the BEST!
It seemed to get more heated depending on how many beers were consumed.
Rob,
I know it probably horrifies the food lover in most, but wiz is not "crap" on a steak in Philly. (When in Rome......) and I love American Cheese.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Use rib-eyes sliced very thin. No Fat. Make a cheese sauce using about a pint of half and half. While slowly heating it stir in a cup of shredded provolone and a cup shredded mozzarella being careful not to let the cheese break. Assemble the sandwich ( I like sauteed peppers and shroons also ) and spoon on a liberal slathering of the sauce. MMMMMMMM Good.

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Good Philly cheese steaks are made from shaved ribeye and either thinly sliced provolone or Cheese Whiz. I much prefer provolone over Cheese Whiz.

From someone who grew up near Philly, the above statement is true. To each his own but I prefer provolone and some red sauce too. The ones you get at Subway or Shoney's are NOT Philly cheese steaks!

RH

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never heard of Sally's, but I've only been here for about 2 years now.

There is a place called "Wit or Witout" apparently that is pretty good as well.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
try making them from deer meat that has been run thru a cuber,just thaw half way then slice it real thin. when you cook it ,it all falls apart. i like good carmalized onions and orange peppers seasoned with garlic and a shake of soy sause.i will once in a while eat them on hotdog buns .

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Just to throw another twist at you a local place here does a cheesesteak i really like, but i found the provolone lacking. Couple of years ago i asked them to skip the provolone and throw queso on it. Been a hive hit with everyone i know.

Last edited by Biathlonman; 03/07/12.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Looked it up. Its Pat's that I am thinking of. Geno's is right across the street.
This is making me long for the days gas was 2 bucks a gallon.

Carpool any one?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
815 members (1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 83 invisible), 3,245 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,186
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.