Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here she is (with my helper)

Thinking I'm going to mount a gloss Leupold 4.5-14 on it, or I'v got a 3-9x40 A.O that I picked up here some time ago that's been needing a home?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by cal74; 03/05/12.

Life is just one damned thing after another
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They are a nice Gentleman's Rifle for Fair Weather Affairs,but mightily compromised by twist rate and COAL.

No room to even bump twist or COAL and that's a bust by default...the Montucky is far more rifle.

McMillan,PacNor,Teflon,Leupie...the usual.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If'n that 25/06A.I. is ever dumped, I'd like to know about it! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok, if ya'll want to do the picture thing, here we go.

My Riihimaki with Custom Wood and barrel, Loopy Gloss 4.5-14x40 scope in Loopy Gloss Sako style rings. Puts 50gr Moly'ed TNT's into little cloverleafs, and makes gophers nearly dissapear. Deadly on called in Coyotes.

[Linked Image]

Widows Peak chekered metal buttplate
[Linked Image]

Wraparound 22LPI diamond point checkering
[Linked Image]

Shadowling cheekpiece, shows the grain of the wood better than the other shots, too
[Linked Image]

Rosewood grip cap
[Linked Image]

C.O.L. IS limited to 2.170 inches to work properly through the magazines, but with 50gr TNT's, this is not a problem. 22grs of AA Data 2200 powder ignites them to 3200fps. IT is a 222, great for shots out to 250 or so, it is not a uber long range proposition but like a 22 Hornet or other modest speed 22CF, it is not needed or intended to be. Wonderful for what it is and I have walked/stalked many a Rockchuck in the moutains with mine.

One last shot, to show that the Riihimaki knows how to get "A HEAD!" smile

[Linked Image]

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Too funny...all that for a 14" twist gopher?!!?

Wow!

Hold the [bleep] Fluff,pass the Montucky,if only because I've gunned 'em all in extrapolation. Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad you like your Kimber, but what part of SAKO is hard to comprehend? S A K O not K I M B E R

Say it with me now, SAKO

There's a 101 other threads on Kimber, how many about old classics that maybe some other people enjoy?
Go make a thread and post in it every second about your 1000 rifle that you put a new 500-600.00 stock on and a new 500-600.00 re-barrel and had coated if that's what gets your rocks off.

I wouldn't mind having one myself, but than I'd make a post about my KIMBER in an appropriate thread not titled SAKO. Does that make any sense, guessing probably not?

Pretty much like comparing apples to oranges.

Mark, thanks for sharing

Last edited by cal74; 03/06/12.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad you like it, Cal!

I love it. One of few that is a LONG term keeper.

Boxer/ Stick, how high of a BC bullet does one have to use to be able to reach down to those rockfish? That is some pretty amazing shooting there.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You have hit a weak spot for me. I love the Riihimaki action and what it represents in fine craftsmanship. There is more precise machining to make a Riihimaki bolt than there is in most complete rifles. Every time I see one, I have to tell myself no, 2 will be enough for awhile...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ha ha , I saw the post and thought "hey I need to check that out"...lo and behold look who posted.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by shrapnel

[Linked Image]

I've fondled that rifle... I was looking for a way out the door with it but he blocked my exits. Damnit...

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by cal74
Glad you like your Kimber, but what part of SAKO is hard to comprehend? S A K O not K I M B E R

Say it with me now, SAKO

There's a 101 other threads on Kimber, how many about old classics that maybe some other people enjoy?
Go make a thread and post in it every second about your 1000 rifle that you put a new 500-600.00 stock on and a new 500-600.00 re-barrel and had coated if that's what gets your rocks off.

I wouldn't mind having one myself, but than I'd make a post about my KIMBER in an appropriate thread not titled SAKO. Does that make any sense, guessing probably not?

Pretty much like comparing apples to oranges.

Mark, thanks for sharing

I know Sako's more than exceptionally well and much enjoy your cluelessness. You accidentally make a very good point,that a Sako .378" wearing a high zoot stock,high zoot spout and high zoot coating,is still well shy of over the counter Montucky 223 excellence. Bless your heart. You'd think someone woulda mentioned by now,that CM cain't begin to hang and far too trite mag latitude stings very much. Oops...perhaps someone did. Hint. Ain't it a "quaint" arrangement,that I'm as impressed with how little you shoot,as you are how much I shoot. Tell me,what's it like to be led to water and stand there with legs locked,refusing refreshment? Laffin'!

You may consider contacting AirSoft,plead your case and perhaps they'll produce a Special Mall Ninja Windowlicker's run of Sako's(Socko is how you wanna enunciate the brand over the phone,to lend credence to your whine),so you can make headway on your practicing Pretend with your Imagination.

Sugar,the differences are well more discrepant than hanging fruit,which was/is the point. As an aside,I doubt 1000 rifles,but would concede it being more than one and having the luxury of not being forced to guess...is fairly "unfair".

Much enjoyed your Estrogen fueled rant and how you wove all 17 of your IQ points in at once as well.

Thanks...a belly laugh is a great way to kickstart a morning!

'man,

Conventional "wisdom" would side with SD,but it's a moot designator. BC isn't really the impetus in that application,but because of the constant that boolits matter more than headstamps...projectile construction assuredly is. I hear good things about a 53XLC.

Build a 'maki .378" right and they make fair to middlin' clubs.

Shrapnel,

Look at all them boolits that cain't be shot,due to twist and the magbox. It takes real willpower and crossed-eyes,to walk away from soooooooo much inherent excellence on "purpose".

Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If one is bulding a rifle for long range shooting or plastering Rock Cod in the deep, you have a point. For a fun gun for blasting Rodents out to 250 or so, and called in coyotes a 222 with 50gr TNT's totally rock.

You may want to note that others, including myself, shoot and hunt a little as well. Some of us in more than one State or Country even.

On my way to test another Wildcat dual purpose rifle in a little bit myself today.

Different needs, experiences and preferences abound and this is GOOD for gun looney talk and indivdual expression.

You might like THIS one, a little better. Care to sell me a skull and crossbones sticker to put on it?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...des_might_be_a_tad_cooler_to#Post6257326

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
NOTHING is more fun than a handy/dandy light done right 223AI,wearing a fast twist spout. But of course that is easy for me to say,because I've had/have 'em all,which squarely includes numerous rifles in Deuce. It is certainly doable to start yanking plug wires from under the hood of a fast twist 223AI,to replicate Deuce 50's if one was so easily enthralled. Curiously enough however,noone does...because they suck.

Noone who shoots even a little bit,could say with a straight face,that yanking plug wires is the way to roll,no matter at which lat/longtitude their feet were planted. It is outright folly to fuel such delusions.

Cheer up I shoot a wee bit of 6mm Rem AI too and like all things upon the Times Fifty-Seven Mouser hull,it is a Goat [bleep]. Don't have any love for HTG's or Shilen spouts either,but in fairness the 1-10" 25-incher do stabilize 105A-Max.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Prolly have some Sierra 85HPBT familiarity too,even in said Goat [bleep] chambering. Though on the brightside it's .311BC properly frosts that schitty cake,if only in fairness.

Very much appreciate your taking the time to clue me in.

Wow.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Myself, I'll take a nice Riihimaki over a Kimber any time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boxer, load data for 6mmAI is a little sparse out here. Care to share your recipe for the 85's in that hull? Would be appreciated. Rifle came to me so chambered, as an unfinished 'project' gun on the ubercheap. I don't even know who made the barrel or did the gunbutchering.

thanks

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I couldn't in good faith make a suggestion on load particulars garnered from a well built 700,to be used in a Pipe Bomb Mouser,which is more than a little suspect in all regards.

Though the 85's do best with '22.

'Roper,

I doubt you none,which do of course add to the humor.

Wow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I happen to have a big pile of R-22 on hand for use in the 25ROY, so after fireforming I will give it a go. Thanks.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had a very, very, very nice original Riihimaki in .222 and ended up selling it last fall for $850.00.

I had never shot the rifle, and never planned to, so I sold it.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Strange!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boxer
Too funny...all that for a 14" twist gopher?!!?

Wow!

Hold the [bleep] Fluff,pass the Montucky,if only because I've gunned 'em all in extrapolation. Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!

Anybody can shoot a fish with a scoped rifle, it takes real talent ot get fish with iron sights...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 71 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.