Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Turrets are nice on Flying Fish.

[Linked Image]

Though I tend to double-tap dinner,as a minimum and often with a pistole.

[Linked Image]

I do hear good things about an HK91 and irons however,for Hens setting their nests in Spring.

[Linked Image]

Fish Glassin' is a lost Art.

[Linked Image]

Curiously enough...there's lotsa ways to skin that cat.

[Linked Image]

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I handled a Sako in .218 Bee at a gunshow a year or so back.
Only one I have ever encountered.

J
jcc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Had my grandfathers .222 for the past 45 years. Wonderful gun and shoots like a dream. I hesitate to hunt with it anymore as I want to pass it to my grandkids someday as is.

jcc

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCC
Had my grandfathers .222 for the past 45 years. Wonderful gun and shoots like a dream. I hesitate to hunt with it anymore as I want to pass it to my grandkids someday as is.

jcc

Go ahead and hunt it some, that way your grandkids can say they're hunting the gun their granddad and great grandad hunted with.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
FWIW, just Guns in Sacramento, CA has/had a HB 222 Riihimaki with Leupold VX3 something (I think it was a 6.5-20) for $1200 - very nice condition!

NRA Benefactor member
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
For what it's worth, I don't understand why some people have to show their rear ends around here, especially when the topic is personal preferences. Boxer, the old phrase about being 'inebriated with the voluptuousness of his own verbosity' comes to mind whenever I read your posts.

I had no experience with L46s until I agreed to help the widow of a coworker dispose of a large home gunshop. There were three pickup loads of all sorts of firearms related parts and paraphernalia. I found a bare barreled action that had large slabs of rust on several areas. It was a 1951 Riihimaki in 222.

We kept scratching around until we found enough of the pieces to put together a completed barreled action except for the bracket that held the magazine in place. There was no factory stock, but there were two partially finished stocks that were appropriately sized for the action. I put the thing together and buffed all the rust off, even though I assumed the bore was likely in the same shape as the exterior. I had to block out the magazine well and turn it into a single shot which suited me just fine.

When I got ready to fire it, I discovered that it had been rechambered to 223 Rem without changing the bbl caliber stamping. I came very close to touching off a 222 in it which could have been interesting. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it shot just fine. I am able to get �" out of it even though I've never gotten serous about load development. Hornady 55s and WC846 powder shoots better than I can.

To me this is the perfect rifle. Because the exterior is in such bad shape, I was able to buy it for my own use. If it had been immaculate, I'd have set a price on it beyond what I'd be willing to pay personally. At a distance, she looks pretty good. Get within holding distance and your first thought would be 'what in the world happened to this classic'. I am a poor at working with wood, so the stock details are in as bad a shape as the metal. Looks good at a distance, though. It suits me to a tee.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I picked up a Marlin 422 Varmint King in 222 a few weeks ago. It has a Sako Riihimaki action with a 24 inch Marlin micro groove barrel. It has a very nice monte carlo stock with a Leupy 2-7 compact on it, and I picked up the outfit for $400. I am waiting for a gloss 3.5-10x40 Vari-x III from here on the fire. My 1st group with Rem factory 50 gr PSP went into a half inch, and I already have a few handloads waiting for my new scope. I really like it so far.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nice looking rifle Hook.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hook,

I've never heard of you Sweetheart,but I'll have to feign my "surprise" that you are glued to all of my Posts. Feel free to print them out and apply same,if only because it'll much improve your game. Pun intended.

Are we to clap our hands that you duped a Widow out of a rifle and cobbled it together,then feel "vindicated" by the approach and the final outcome?!!? VERY interesting train of "thought" there. Wow.

Kudos on making a repeater into a singleshot,less any COAL or twist advantages slated towards same. I have zero doubt that it does fit you to a "T".

That is oh soooooooo Perfect...in more ways than one! Bless your heart.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Duped?

It figures that you would think that, because that would likely be what you would do. In fact, I paid her more than she would have gotten for the rifle under any other circumstances. I also spent six months of my spare time handling and selling the stuff out of her basement without charging a fee. I had a blast doing it and did the widow of my close friend a favor at the same time. For the firearms alone, I was able to clear almost 4 times more than what a 'friend' of hers from her church offered her.

I do apologise for commenting on your obvious personality issues. I should have known better. People like you can only badmouth every statement and/or opinion you read on the internet. All I did was to give you another target for your venom. Rest assured it will not happen again.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good man Hook. I am betting your friend would be happy you ended up with that rifle.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
V
V
My father passed away several years back and this Sako Riihimaki 222 serial # 31382 was among his guns. I was hoping to get info on it and put it with the gun as I'm not familiar with it. When it was made, model, rough idea of value. Thanks in advance.
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
check out sakocollectors.com

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (10Glocks, 44mc, AlleghenyMountain, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 15 invisible), 1,952 guests, and 791 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.