Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
[bleep]' crybaby!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 40O
Do you find yourself regretting that you didn�t bring the spotting scope

yes........ They're not bad at 10x. suck at 17. tripod or not....

you may just want to lissen to the great waputster. He knows his stuff.

40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
He may, but with delivery like that I'll just put him in the same category with BigStick/Boxer and get my advice from someone else.

So you have passed on the big eyes idea and are sticking with a spotting scope?

Thanks for your input.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Why don't you play the victim card a little more, because obviously anyone who has anything nice must've had it handed to them. Couldn't possibly be they worked three jobs and scrimped and saved for what they wanted. [bleep] crybaby!

IC B2

40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bullshiete! No one who has ever scrimped and saved has looked down on anything Leupold has ever produced. It may not stand up against the foreign junk you democrats love to suck on, but there's nothing wrong with anything Leupold ever made.

Kinda like cigars, beer or scotch. Your wallet may allow you to enjoy something better than what you had, but it�s a sad little man that looks down his pecker on people who still enjoyed what used to lighten up your days.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm still thinking your an industry aswhip who gets his shiet for free or a trust fund baby.

Rep.Mitchell.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You're a bigger idiot than I gave you credit for. Leupold makes plenty of great products, but the Switch Power binos aren't one of them, but go ahead and flush your money.

Spence gave you some great advise. I'd suggest your re-read his post sloooowwwly so your pea-brain can comprehend it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 40O

So you have passed on the big eyes idea and are sticking with a spotting scope?

I never went in with the 'idea' of these to be 'big eyes'..... maybe just to be able to bump up to judge horns oncet in a while. They're really not that good, even for that. If you want big eyes, expect to pay for 'big eyes'. Sorry that's not what you wanna hear.......Don

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Don, how's your "trust fund"? I'm thinking of pulling some money out of mine and retiring... grin

IC B3

40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
GreatWaPhuckhead,
Answer the question; are you an industry [bleep] selling a product or a trust fund douchebag?
As for Spence's advice, I am considering it. But asking for advice is deferent that asking someone to make my decision for me. I�ve got a dream. If I find myself liking high powered binoculars but find the Leupolds lacking, I�ll step up to something better and sell the Leupolds.

But you�ll still be a [bleep] who hasn�t contributed anything to my understanding other than you know how to hide behind someone else.

So, once again, [bleep] off.

Rep.Mitchell.
40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Don is it? Thanks for the advice.

Rep.Mitchell.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
There's that victim card again, you just can't help it, can you?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Read this slowly and repeat several times, it'll help your comprehension skills:

I am sofa king wi todd id...I am sofa king wi todd id...I am sofa king wi todd id..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don, how's your "trust fund"? I'm thinking of pulling some money out of mine and retiring... grin

Daryll, I'm glad you have some $ to 'pull'..... Mine? I just reckon to trust that some funds will appear, someday.

The REAL bigeyes depleted whatever funds I may, or may not, have had......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And, I'd much rather pack an 80mm spotter than those ungainly bastids......

40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Read this slowly and repeat several times, it'll help your comprehension skills:

I am sofa king wi todd id...I am sofa king wi todd id...I am sofa king wi todd id..

Your rambling, go get someone to adjust your meds.

Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
400. chill, man.....it's the innernet.....

40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Todd \t(o)-dd\ as a boy's name is pronounced tahd. It is of Middle English origin, and the meaning of Todd is "fox". The name possibly refers to a fox hunter. It remains a dialectal word for a fox in some parts of Britain. Tod is a Scottish nickname for a clever or wily person. Hockey player Todd Bertuzzi.

?

Rep.Mitchell.
40O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If he is really medicated I apologize.

Rep.Mitchell.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
OK... back to the orignial question.
I've got a couple of Leica binoculars and I've played with the Leupold Gold rings in general and those 10/17X42's at least casually once. I've also owned or tested lots of other binoculars.
First of all, any Leupold Gold Ring binocular is an excellent life time warrantty binocular not limited to the original buyer. No, they aren't as good as the latest Leicas, but they aren't much less in optical performance. They and the other $1000 class stuff like the Pentax ED's and the Meopta/Cabela's Euros are really so close to the Big Three that many us question the need to spend the extra money.
However, at 17X you'll run into a problem. As the magnification increases, especially if it is done with a smaller objective binocular, the net effect is the more rapid decrease in image quality. A quick comparison between a quality 15X56 and the above Leupold will quickly show you what this is about.
That's not to say they aren't useful. But, they would, in no way, compare to something like the Leica Duovids at 15X or a Swaro 15X56.
In the end, you are the best judge of this. My advice is test them at extended distance yourself and see what you think. Compared to the cheaper Nikon zoom or their cheap 12X50's, I think you'll find they are better. But then try stacking them up against a good Pentax SP or a Pentax ED in the 12X50 size.
BTW, I've done what you are trying to do, but in a different way. I usually pack a light 6X or 8X binocular around my neck and carry a larger, more powerful binocular or spoting scope in my pack. If I'm glassing, trying to find game, a big binoicular works best. But if I'm judging heads, a spotter works better as a rule. E

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 3,177 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,527
Posts18,452,853
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.