24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not to get in the middle of this tift, but redz06 is obviously the same fellow who goes by roofinspector over on the RugerForum.

He is always stating how cheaply he gets his No. 1's, but will never say what part of the country he lives in to obtain these deals. Everyone responds to his assertions that Ruger No. 1's cannot be obtained for those prices anywhere else on earth in 2012, then he tends to get defensive.
Not sure what his game is, if any, but just thought I'd offer this as an "explanation" of where he's coming from (though as I said, he won't divulge WHERE that is ;-)

BP-B2

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bingo! I never connected the dots.

1B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't speak for redz06, but I do think good deals can be had if you're willing to do a little shopping. I bought -- off AR15.com's board in 2007 -- a 1A in 7x57 with original box, Leupold Vari-XIIc 1x4, about 200 rounds of brass, sling, and Lee dies for $700 shipped, while I've seen -- even in 2007 -- people busting their asses to pay $800 for an identical rifle by itself. I've also watched people more than willing to pay upwards of $1K for 1Bs in .257 Roberts while David Spiwak -- a reputable dealer out of PA -- ran a LNIB 1B in .257 Roberts through Gunbroker multiple times two years ago at $700 before selling. I've seen local yokels asking -- and apparently getting -- $1K for common-as-dirt black pad 1Bs in .22-250 while a Lipsey's 1A in .257 Roberts with two sets of rings and Ruger-branded sling languished at $700 (I got that one).

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yeah, prices on No. 1's (or No. 3's) are all over the place. It depends on the part of the country and how much patience you have.

A good friend of mine who's a well-known custom gunsmith made part of his living while starting out by buying used No. 1's in one part of Texas and selling them at the other end. Can't remember which end was which now, but he was making at least $200 a rifle.

I bought a little-used #3 .22 Hornet with a 4-12x Redfield scope, 2 sets of dies and a bunch of brass and bullets for $500 here in Montana maybe three years ago. It was the right deal at the right time. If you really want some sort of #1 or #3, you'll usually pay a higher price.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a No. 1 in 45-70 for $550 from a wide open space, flat part of the country and sold it in a wooded part of the country for $700. So it follows what BT & JB said. Be patient and shop.
My only mistake on a No. 1 was the 22lr conversion I bought and then in a weak moment sold......for $500 profit.....

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Of course anyone can find deals on a No. 1, or any other type of gun for that matter. . . if you're patient, and cover a lot of territory (or have lots of good contacts).
Those cases are the exception, rather than the rule, so I maintain that most of us have to deal with the reality of currnet "market" prices, and feel lucky when we chance upon a great deal before some other No. 1 loony finds it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund
Those cases are the exception, rather than the rule, so I maintain that most of us have to deal with the reality of currnet "market" prices, and feel lucky when we chance upon a great deal before some other No. 1 loony finds it.
I disagree. Big time.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What are they getting for No. 1s in 275 Rigby these days ?

You got pics of all these No. 1s you own or did you just steal stock pics off the net ?

See you in June (NOT!)

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There's a Rigby sitting on GB right now for $1800.00. It has been there for months and will be for many more, unless someone is in search of no. 006. He's asking about $400.00 more than it's worth, regardless of it being a single digit gun within a special run.

I've got two of them here at the house, one NIB the other used. No. 78, the used one came to me in the mid $900.00 range and the other NIB one was right around the $1300 range (No. 56).

gewehrfreund, I've personally contacted the individual you are talking about pertaining to some of his "normal prices for his area" statements. I got no personal response from him, but he did make a comment on a thread about not giving up his dealers to anyone. I have my opinion about him, but I'll keep it to myself.

I've been buying a lot of No. 1 RSI's over the past two years all over the country. I have a lot time on my hands and do A LOT of searching and calling so I can say with a pretty good certainty that great deals on No. 1's are the exception, not the rule, even when searching.

I snagged another RSI in .243 with a redfield scope for $850 from cabelas. This is a smoking deal if you consider a 2 to 250.00 dollar scope is mounted on it. After I sell the scope, I'll be looking at the gun more like a $650.00 dollar rifle.

1885boomstick

Last edited by 1885boomstick; 03/20/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I made you hide under your bed once, bitch, no reason for me to do it again.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You are a serial liar, you were never there and everybody knows it.

I have a Deputy who watched the dead end road THE WHOLE DAY you claimed you came and our video system (didn't plan on that did you ?) did not record a single car that was not a resident.

Of course you also knew I wasn't there as I had told you so, but you didn't have the balls to come to Florida, did you ?

You were even so stupid you called and left messages on my Wyoming Voicemail not some Radio Shack answering machine. Do you have any idea what can be pulled off those saved voicemail ? Well jerkoff, after 30 years with the Telephone company, I do.

You are a liar and coward and when you welch on the terms of wager, you are going to be outed all over the Internet, complete with photos and witnesses.

You fooled nobody, even a fellow member outed your faked photos.

It's sad that you are allowing yourself to be used by the trolls. They don't give a rats azz about you and will drop you like a red hot chicken wing when you are really "outed".

I'm about as likely to hide from you as I am from a cockroach.

June grows closer, you have three police reports filed on you that are moving along.

You have yet to produce a SINGLE stolen photo or link to where they were stolen from.

Sad, that a white boy who actually has something to contribute on shipping firearms, has painted himself into a liars corner just to try and impress a bunch of jerks who care not a whit what happens to you.

You still have time to unwind your mess with an admission that you have no evidence of stolen photos, were never anywhere near my home in Wyoming and issue an apology to me for your lies and slander.

If not, it will play out as scheduled and anyone who believes the truth, will know exactly who and what you are.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The trip and the destination was well-documented, dickhead. You hid out in Pinedale's Best Western until you felt I was safely out of your burg.

Here's a good analogy of what happened, Larry, as well as how you're "handling" it now:

"You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh yeah, it's well "documented" all right. What is documented is that you were never there BOTH by witnesses, and video.

You can wiggle all you want. You were even outed by two other members and treated another, who made a courteous request of you,
like a POS.

It's obvious you're looking for cover to welch out on the June bet.

You still have time to unwind your mess with an admission that you have no evidence of stolen photos, were never anywhere near my home in Wyoming and issue an apology to me for your lies and slander

FLASH.....your "duck and cover" won't work. BUT you will be famous all across the Internet.

Thanks for you stupid post.... reminds me I owe a callback to the OUPD.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by interthem
Oh yeah, it's well "documented" all right. What is documented is that you were never there BOTH by witnesses, and video.

You can wiggle all you want. You were even outed by two other members

<SNIP>

I owe a callback to the OUPD.
If it didn't happen and you don't believe it happened, then why in the hell are you bothering the police? You're just a f*cking idiot, Larry. You'll never have any credibility in this venue nor will you ever gain any with any feeble attempt at posturing yourself as a "tuff guy."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My favorite part of the whole saga is Larry's chest thumping despite the fact that he claims to have called half of the cops between WY and where ever. Never met a guy that's so tough that's also so inclined to hide behind the law.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's been Larry's MO since I got here.

Threaten LE action for every perceived slight or perceived threat.

Of course none of it has ever materialized and Larry denies making any threats of his own even though I have emails from him where he invites me down to Pinedale to introduce me to Wyoming's Castle Law and his dogs.

What a buffoon!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ranger1
My favorite part of the whole saga is Larry's chest thumping despite the fact that he claims to have called half of the cops between WY and where ever. Never met a guy that's so tough that's also so inclined to hide behind the law.

No schit... that's what I was thinking.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Do us all a favor... Stop ruining perfectly good threads with your BS....

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 1885boomstick; 03/21/12.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Larry has gone bananas. He seems to feel that he has some sort of new-found credibility. On some threads, half the posts have that red avatar and the notation, "***You are ignoring this user***". He is posting on the hunting trucks forum like a one-man Consumer Reports. He is one sick puppy!

I would love to read the incident reports of the LEOs that he claims to have contacted. Unfortunately, they probably don't exist either, and our entertainment is thus diminished proportionately.

Last edited by mudhen; 03/21/12.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These guys crave attention so badly that smeering themselves in [bleep] and painting themselves blue are just bench marks on the road of their decline. Nothing helps staunch the craving -- even ignoring it -- as it has its own inner momentum. The more they degrade themselves, the more degradation they need. They will find ways to encroach anywhere you hide.

Loony bins and chemical regimens will eventualy claim them but the wreckage they leave behind will include their imitatators.

1B

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
690 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,620
Posts18,398,530
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.