-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's an idea that you may have to accept if further efforts are fruitless- some rifles just don't like Partitions...

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Here's an idea that you may have to accept if further efforts are fruitless- some rifles just don't like Partitions...

Oh know, now those are fighting words...... mad

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Oh know, now those are fighting words...... mad

Yep, true statements can often turn out to be such...... And that was a true statement........ laugh

Swifty

Swifty
N
NFG Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Thanks Joel for not letting us know you were more than a beginner. Had I known that I wouldn't have wasted time starting from the beginning and would have began at a more appropriate point. Seems like quite a few people start out like newbies, then come "out of the closet" later on. Honesty and forthrightness are other things that todays people have tossed out with the baby on the net AND in real life.

You're right Swifty, all rifles have their own agenda and it's up to the shooter to work through it...and NO ONE likes the "truth", whatever THAT is.

The Partition is a hunting bullet so "LIKING" is a relative term...my 338-06 doesn't "LIKE" ANY partition as far as MY ACCURACY LEVEL is concerned...>3/4" 3 shot groups...more like 1 1/2 to 2" depending on the weight, velocity...and I've tried all the different weights. This goes for my 30 cals also, but the 375 cal, 260 gr Parts shoot VERY WELL in my 375 H&H...1" or less for 5 shots, but I shoot 300 gr in that most of the time. I haven't tried the 375 cal 300 gr Parts yet...

Part of this "not liking" is because of the long throat of the 338 and part is because of the Partitions construction. Nosler has gotten MUCH better in later years...I have some very early 180 gr 30 cal Partitions that won't go below ~2 1/2" in my 30'06 or 300 WM but they still kill anything I hit...and there are usually ways to work out the kinks if the shooter wants to.

I live a couple hours away from Nosler and drive up there several time a summer on ratting trips and to pick up "seconds". You have to understand how bullets are made and what they do when the line goes out of spec.

The odds are you will get a bag of bullets that are every bit as good as the commercial boxed versions at half the price, but once in a while hit "the bad spot" and get a few that are totally FU...but for the price I don't complain at all.

I shoot more Noslers than any other bullet just because I live so close, the bullets are great and much cheaper than Hornady or Sierra...I have more bullets than I will EVER SHOOT in the bullet cupboard...in EVERY caliber...I've done switch barrels for cartridges I'm not all that enthusiastic about just because I got a good deal on a couple thou Nosler bullets and couldn't pass them up. DUH hahahahahahaha

EOF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
EOF,

Just a little stab at bad humor crazy, but let it be known I still have some partitions that are just gathering dust way back behind everything else in 257 and 308 that I could never get to shoot. Which was the other reason for my statement.
Nosler ABs,BTs, and Custom Comps in various calibers work just dandy for me, but not the Partitions.
So for me the truth is that my guns just didnt like em for whatever reason. Cuz it just couldnt have been me grin

Swifty

Swifty
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 163bc, 204guy, 69 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,118
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.