Print Thread
Hop To
K
Kevin_T Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Here is a bit of a review of the Tarahumara pack and Runners Kit Bag from HPG.

Tarahumara / RKB review

Enjoy
Kevin

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
BP-B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thanks you, sir, for the review. I've been meaning to order a RKB for a while now, but being on the fence in regards to a Tara has held me up.

I know where a portion of my tax return is going......

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I just got my mountain serape in the mail today. Money well spent i do believe.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great review! Real world experience trumps advertising every time.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

George:

I think you saw me wearing a kit bag the first morning of the boar hunt.

- Tom

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I did, and was going to ask querry you further. I'm not sure why that didn't happen......

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

That was my first time out in the field with it, and my impression is favorable.

I used to thread an old fanny pack through the chest straps of a backpack for much the same purpose, but that rode on my diaphragm and I wish these kit bags had been around much earlier.

Mine is the regular kit bag, not the runner. On the hunt, I was carrying 8x40 binocs (which I didn't need), a compass (which I didn't need) and a couple of other small items. Okay, I did use the binocs to look at some of the exotics across the road.

At home, I had stuffed the binocs and a Glock and some other things to try out, and I quickly decided that if I'm carrying both optics and pistola, I'm definitely using the docking straps to suspend from a backpack. Wearing the kit bag alone, I don't think I would carry both. One or the other is comfortable, though.

As you can imagine, there's a heat penalty if you're moving fast in warm weather, but you would have figured that already.

Construction seems every bit as good as others have reported. It's an excellent alternative to a Chesty Puller rig for a pistol. My 6" 629 with Pachmyer grips will not quite fit in the back compartment, but the cylinder on that thing would probably make an uncomfortable impression after a few hours anyway. Your 1911, no problem.

Early days, as far as knowing durability, but I'm happy.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thanks!

Sadly, I can't utilize the 1911 as my "everyday" gun. It will work for my others, though.

I'll be ordering the TARA and RKB here shortly. It's a good thing that the tree guys are keeping me busy on my days off....

George

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

If I'd known you were interested, I'd have let you take it for a day to try out.

I'm confident you'll like the runner, though.

- Tom

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good review. I had a just to look over a friends Runner's Kit Bag last weekend. A well executed, great idea IMO.

A Recon Kit Bag is in the near future for me.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
736 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 86 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.