Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My Canon S1 IS camera can hold an hour of digital footage with a 1 gig smart media card. With it I can store the clips I want on my hard drive and play then anytime I want or I can save them to a CD and mail the CD's to friends and family.

What software is needed to EMail a video clip? I have been in a struggle to figure out how to email these clips. The files tend to be pretty big is there any kind of compression I can use to make these sendable? Thanks Guys

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

P
Pat Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
JJ, the only way I know how is to put them in a PowerPoint "presentation". My ISP'S will not hold or allow Video to be stored, my guess is too much bandwidth...
Once it is made into a "accepted" video format on your Puter' you can send it as an attachment, therefor, PowerPoint.

Sure wish I had better news, but the Jolly Green Giant, MICROSOFT seems to have worked their majik on the world....

Pat

Cheap things are not good, good things are not cheap.
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I did not think of the PP solution. However that becomes another problem because so few people have powerpoint to open it on the other end. Thanks for the reply!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JJ,

If you save the PP as a slideshow the PP application isn't necessary. The viewer will be able to run the slideshow, but not edit it.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi JJHack

Well, I can really help here!

Go to yousendit.com YouSendit.com

You fill in the recipients email addess, you browse to the desired big file on your hard disk (yep, up to 1024 megabytes or 1Gb!), it uploads to a server.

The server sends your recipient an email with a link in it that your recipient clicks on.

The huge file is saved on their hard disk in the location of their choice!

It takes longer to read the above than to do it -- honest!

This really works well and is free and they do not sell email addresses from their users.

Cheers from a computer guy in Sweden,

John
PS: JJHack: I've heard about a book that supposedly you wrote called "the first time in Africa" or the like. If this is true, email me at meplat@NOSPAMgmail.com (remove the upper case letters) with info on how to get a copy. Thanks for taking the trouble.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 007FJ, 16penny, 63 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,209
Posts18,466,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.