Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 32 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 31 32
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to run a polar planimeter around a high-altitude vertical of Quemado Lake as it is today. Wouldn't be at all surprised to find that it's a lot bigger'n it was a few years back.

IIUC, catch-and-release is the rule for any muskie less than about forty inches. If you like, for the benefit of you guys who "forget" and leave your rubber rulers and De-Liars at home, I can have one of my carpentry tapes there to help keep you legal! laugh

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we get to come (still hoping) and run into a musky with our lure, I think we will be quite pleased to take a photo and let it go & grow. No money for taxidermy these days and trying to keep the meat cool for the long journey home does not seem feasable. they don't look to be a terribly meaty or good eating fish anyway. I could be wrong on that idea, though.

On the health front, the docs FINNALY have me on enough BP meds that my BP is almost normal. Getting the BP down to reasonable levels has reduced my headache pain a great deal. Thanks to all who have offered encouaragement and prayers.

Wifey and I are going to TRY to start saving a little each month now toward the fuel costs to get there and back, and hope that the pain leverl reamin under control until then. I will be doing some gun flipping between now and then, as I can, to try to set aside the required funds as well.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wish my very tiny income and large bills'd let me offer to help with the gas money. But I'm still 'way shy of what I owe.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mark I hope it works out for you to get down here, but I think we all undertand if not. The most important thing for you is to get healthy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Wish my very tiny income and large bills'd let me offer to help with the gas money. But I'm still 'way shy of what I owe.

Thnaks a lot for the thought, thnkks tons and I know you were sincere in the post. I was not fishing for cash, sorry if it sounded or looked that way. If we cannot get there on our own we shall not go. Many gun shows and private party deals to be had between now and then, and gun flippin is FUN! I seem to have a knack for such so here's hopin!

MARK

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Mark I hope it works out for you to get down here, but I think we all undertand if not. The most important thing for you is to get healthy.

Thank you, sir! But on that note, only a great Miracle from God in the form of either new Kidneys or my cysts dissapearing (which to date has never happened in known modern times) will make me healthier or better. What I have is chronic and untreatable and deteriorates over time EXCEPTING that God is more than able to reverse or change my scenario with reducing cysts or a miraculous Kidney transplant from heaven. I like that Idea a lot, with no anti rejection meds for life needed when God does it!

MARK

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I got a surgeryless heart transplant (documented) in 1974, so I can testify to the reality of such a thing.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Praise God for that, and thank you for sharing your testimony of such. I still have hope of similar for myself, but will love and serve and worhip my creator either way. MARK

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ken and others: Without looking through all the other posts (I forget stuff all too often), what is the official date schedule of the 2012 Quemado gathering? Sorry this is a repeat of other posts but, slack is appreciated given my propensity for more than occasional bouts of forgetfulness.

Though we are going to Fl and VA on a vacation in search of a retirement location(s, god I'd love a small cabin or home in Va.) search at some point in June, if there is enough $$ are left over, I will try my dangdest to still try and to attend and meet so many I have read about and posts by.

There are a LOT of folks here that speak the truth and think right-mindedly and I like to think I recognize quality folks from their reputations and their words.

It would be doubly great if my son in law were able to attend as he is a firearms enthusiast, though not as experienced as many, I am SOOOO looking forward to getting him on his first deer (or should god smile, an Elk or perhaps Buffler' as amount of meat is important to a man with 4 lovely children, 4 of our grandkids! (BWT, I am a "pentagram" patented phrase for a 5x Granny, one being from my daughter the othergroup from my better half's side).

Best wishes to all, and regardless how this year plays out, I sincerely wish yinz'all a safe, happy and healthy summer. Do take the time to enjoy the majesty that is life and share it with those you love.

Patty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Patty - the campfire gathering up here is scheduled for the weekend of July 13-15. Some folks my drift in a bit earlier and may stay a bit later due to the long drive to get here - but things will be starting to happen on Friday night and should be in full swing by Saturday mid-morn. Hope you can join us.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Mark:

I will be sure to double down, better yet triple down, on my prayers for you and yours as well as all the planning on going.. Here's hoping, no that is not right, demanding the powers that be to see you to the gathering in fine fettle and able to enjoy meeting with the contingent of folks that are looking in high hopes for you and yours to be there.

The sheer volume of experience of those in attendance will be a wondrous experience to just listen to stories, world views and simply share a nice 'fireside chat with. Hope it works out on my end to be able to go as my friend is taking me on a vacation (been over 7+ years since I have had a proper vacation) to FL and then VA (looking for possible retirement locations) and other places not too long before the Quemado affair...

If my luck plays out in a positive way I will arrive bearing as large an amount as I can pool together small gifts for any interested in acquiring things collected over a lifetime and also any brass I have left over after trying to gather some gas money on the classifieds here selling some surplus brass, scopes and a couple other things to keep the wheels in motion to and from New Mexico.

I REALY like passing on to others things of use or simply momento's of a journey and remembrances of a memorable trip. I am going to try like heck to make it and also the son in law may be able to go too. He is veteran (ex Airforce) and a firearm enthusiast though only recently has he gotten into the shooting sports from prodding from I. His wife is in the late stages of finishing her Nursing degree and eventually going on to be anesthesiologist. The drive of both of them and the time they spend with their lovely children really warms my heart and astounds me given their work load.

A well, warm and proper campfire welcome would be a gift he would remember for the ages and perhaps some of his 4 children (4 of my 5 grand kids) would be perhaps attendees in the future. Should he be able to attend, I would consider it a personal favor, though I certainly have no grounds to ask (not being turd like or any of the other mantles of honor bestowed here, just an azz head at times of frustration, despair or anger), to all of a warm welcome to him by all.

I am absolutely certain that he is 'campfire material and one that all would be enrichment to the lives of those that have the pleasure of meeting a person of such high moral order as him. I have not told him of any of this beyond "it is a campout with a group of folks I hold in high regard, shooting of many firearms, several, once in a life time type guns to be held, fondled and perhaps fired, many stories (embellished or true to the core) and camaraderie with a dollop of yarn spinning and a likely a toddy or several, shared around a nice fire, kind of an "ATF" weekend" is the event, even though for the most part, I haven;t met F2F most but one is able to get a feeling of folks by their expressive writings and reputations through many others.

I know that I strive to deal as I wish to be dealt with and value my reputation extremely highly, but being human my frailties have seeped through in several of my past posts. With the familial and personal medical difficulties of the past couple years and especially the last 6 months or so, I have found my "center" or as I call it my "Wa" and it is a very comfortable feeling, likening it to a smooth slick body of water to look upon and reflect of lifes wonders and looking forward to the positives one can help when and where we can. Nope, I am not ANYWHERE near to perfect, but to hijack a song title from a group I admire, I am closer to fine...

Thank you for Mark and especially Ken and others that extended the offers of being a part of this meeting and allaying my trepidations and taking the time emailing me with warm hopes of my attending this years festivities. I really would enjoy meeting you and the very many others going as I am one that finds making acquaintances quite often leads to life long friends. I reckon this is the case with this gathering, given most folks have several common interests and judging by previous posts I have read over the years and those that I have had the pleasure of posting here, there seems to be a large contingent of truly quality folks out there.

Do be safe and perhaps take a look at the evening sky this weekend with your lovvie and/or loved ones held close. It is a mind boggling thing to behold, the sheer magnificence of the universe makes me feel like an amoeba looking at a whale shark in the cosmic order of things. In other words I feel insignificantly minute compared to that is beyond our understanding and us mere mortals.

Hugs and happiness to all.
Patty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Patty,

Thank you, and many others, for yourprayers on my behalf. I can assure you both personally and from the others that your son, should he be able to attend, will be treated more than warmly. More like with great admiration and appreciation.

Hoping and praying that we both can be there and show off our families and a few toys.

BE safe and blessed yerself, young lady!

On my way to a gunshow today, if I sell a few the wife is in total agreement to set aside some of the money for gas money toards this trip. I mean, I can only shoot one gun at a time, anyway, right? Learning to be happier with less, truly. Trading off a toy or two to catch up on some bills and See ya'll in July!

MARK

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well miracles do still happen it there is a chance I can make it this year. Crossing my fingers!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
K
K
A-lineprinces And Ball Gown Wedding Dress Models
http://www.nieos.com/
The A-line is a flexible form as it can accommodate many different structural aspects, horizontal seems that define your waistline, or a independent bodice and skirt which include contrasting fabrics. The glance from the A-line gown is in addition dependant on size, which could vary from above the knee for the enjoyment and flirty bride, into a full-length dress that flows ideal right into a chapel-length train to the classical bride.

karen millen uk sale
karen millen outlet
Hermes handbags uk
hermes outlet

The princess cut is well one of the most remarkable variation from your A-line dress. This style emphasizes the thoroughly clean lines with the A-line via using vertical panels that operate through the neckline towards the hem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Karen,

Welcome to 24hrcf! If you want to sell a lot of these gorgeous gowns you should send one to me and I will wear it to this Quemedo Gathering and show off its wonderful A line flexible form and show off how well it accentuates my body's structural aspects. Trust me, my body is VERY structural! The independant Bodice and skirt will, I am sure be most appealing while wrappped around my 6'4" 255lb sexy self. Not to worry over my safety as my wife will have her Colt Cobra on hand to make sure that Achildofthesky and Miss Lynn do not immediately take to forceable rape upon my tender self upon seeing me in this wonderous gown of yours.

As for a size and fitting, just take the form you made for Janet Reno and add 46% to all measurements in all directions and you will be right on the money. PM me for my shipping information and details.

MARK

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
laugh laugh laugh

You wear that dress and I ma taking LOTS of pictures!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah - I will take video !!

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Time for a couple of new SD cards!

Upon reflection, I wonder how that outfit would go with my hat and boots?

Mark

Last edited by mark shubert; 05/07/12.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It probably wouldn't, but don't let that stop you...
grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Time for a couple of new SD cards!

Upon reflection, I wonder how that outfit would go with my hat and boots?

Mark

Depends on your hat and boots! grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 16 of 32 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,976 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,526
Posts18,452,842
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.